Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If I had a "pro wrestling crystal ball"...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    1) Brock Lesnar v. Batista. Batista isn't close to the wrestler that Brock is, but their size is about the same. Brock v. HHH would be another good one, but HHH would be killed if it's 1-on-1, anyway.

2) Triple XL Threat Match: Mark Henry v. King Mabel aka Viscera v. Earthquake. The WWE would need a dozen rings to hold this match.

3) Sabu v. Carlito.

4) Muhammed Hassan v. Rene Dupree

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter View Post
    The Rock vs Cena- Imagine what that would bring.
    A whole lot of hype and a Cena loss

MLB ERA

Re: If I had a "pro wrestling crystal ball"...

Mofo nailed it with HHH vs Brock

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sucks I never got my Kenta-HHH.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Aires vs Flair (when Flair was in his 30's.)

Road Warriors vs Hall and Nash

Destruction Crew vs DX

Sting vs Hogan when both were in their prime

2pac vs rvd

Ken Patera vs Jesse Ventura
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Ventura vs Ravishing Rick Rude vs Lex Lugar
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter View Post
    The Rock vs Cena- Imagine what that would bring.
    Saw this one and I don't want to see the Rematch... The Right guy won last year. If the WWE is truely so predictable that Cena wins the Rumble and Rock wins vs Punk I will not watch WWE until Mania. If Cena beats Rock at Mania I am DONE with WWE and probably wrestling all together. I'm sorry at this point Cena should be putting over guys like Ziggler not kicking out of everything and the f'ing kitchen sink on free tv. I mean come on even RANDY ORTON is losing clean to Wade Barrett.

Punk should have been billed pushed as a HHH type heel "cerebral" not this chicken crap cookie cutter he's been since Heyman came back. He's not that guy, it doesn't fit him I am sorry its be AWFUL. Punk of the last two weeks should have been how he was booked since he turned heel.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28 View Post
    and I could see some fantasy matches, there would be quite a few that I would tune in for. Here are my top 5:

1) Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels - rematch of the infamous "Montreal Incident." Now that they are both in their 40's and Hart has had a stroke, it probably wouldn't happen or certainly be as good as back in the day, but it'd still be awesome.

2) The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels - they never faced each other. It would probably be electric.

3) The Rock vs. Sting - The People's Champ vs the Stinger... that would be a great matchup.

4) Hulk Hogan vs. Steve Austin - The Texas Rattlesnake vs. The Immortal Hulk Hogan. Could Hogan kick out of the Stone Cold Stunner.

5) Triple H vs. John Cena - this one will probably happen before too long. The Cerebral Assassin will probably win (since he is married to Vince McMahon's daughter), but I'd like to see Cena's charisma and energy against Triple H.

What is your top 5?
    1 Punk vs Savage Both of these guys are great tacticians in the ring and have great promo skills to put a bunch of asses in the seats. Let them go and you have a headline match on ANY pay per view.... EVER.
    2 Ziggler vs Hart or Perfect. The new Perfect vs the old Perfect
    3 Warrior vs Ryback vs Lesnar vs "The Streak" Goldberg. Might as well give the destructive manbeasts a shot and pray that it ends better than Lesnar/Goldberg at Mania did. Please include Heyman or tie Bobby in to this so that someone can put together a full promo!
    4 Cena vs Hogan in a contest of who can get more brown on their nose.
    5 Rock vs DDP WWE Screwed up sticking DDP with Taker right after the invasion started. This could have been a very very good promo/storytelling match leading to a Mania. People's Champ vs People's Champ.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

I'll probably never be fully done with the WWE so long as the only cost for me to watch it is a lost hour, or sometimes less, of my life after all the fast-forwarding that comes with a dull product. But there'd probably be a whole heck of a lot of that fast-forwarding if they resort to that preditable event.

I'm already resigned to the inevitable Rock-Cena rematch for the title with Cena coming out on top. It's going to happen, may as well accept it. But I'd like to see them have Punk come out on top at the Rumble and then drop the belt to the Rock at Elimination Chamber to set up Rock-Cena 2. And I'd rather Cena not get that match via winning the Rumble. Let somebody else get over with that one.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I'll probably never be fully done with the WWE so long as the only cost for me to watch it is a lost hour, or sometimes less, of my life after all the fast-forwarding that comes with a dull product. But there'd probably be a whole heck of a lot of that fast-forwarding if they resort to that preditable event.

I'm already resigned to the inevitable Rock-Cena rematch for the title with Cena coming out on top. It's going to happen, may as well accept it. But I'd like to see them have Punk come out on top at the Rumble and then drop the belt to the Rock at Elimination Chamber to set up Rock-Cena 2. And I'd rather Cena not get that match via winning the Rumble. Let somebody else get over with that one.
    The one guy who I see that MIGHT be able to out "muscle" Cena in the Rumble is Ryback (which I wouldn't mind after he kills Shield at Elimination Chamber). And yes I know Goldberg carbon copy. If they wanted to really throw a curve ball IMO give it to Ziggler and let him drag it out until Elimination Chamber when he cashes and losses or wins and goes to unite the belts.

I really liked Punk's total skillset (still do just believe this current character is garbage for him), Ziggler, Kofi, Miz (yes he entertains the hell out of me), and Wade (add in Slater local product). And it seems like with none of them (except Miz) they know what or where they want to go with them, IMO its almost criminal that Wade hasn't been at least world champ on SD. Kofi got Breakfast Club'd by Orton never recovered and Ziggler for whatever reason is never allowed to go out on his own by WWE. Just watching Cena get a house dropped on his head to still kick out pisses me off! That was usually reserved for special occasions or once in a real blue moon and here he is beating Ziggler WITH Big E doing his best crazy monster impression with the chair.
    Last edited by Slyder; 01-17-2013 at 11:37 AM.

MLB ERA

Here lies what was left of the Ryback gimmick at Rumble. Another victim of WWE "creative".

I still would rather watch Punk/Rock 2 with Punk chasing than Rock/Cena 2.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

Who cares about Ryback?

I'd rather see Cena with the strap for longer than Punk just had it than to see Ryback get any sort of push.

I hate the Goldberg types. I hated Goldberg too.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Who cares about Ryback?

I'd rather see Cena with the strap for longer than Punk just had it than to see Ryback get any sort of push.

I hate the Goldberg types. I hated Goldberg too.
    Ryback is something different. Thats what WWE needs. You have no variety in the top heels or top faces. You have the 3 (Orton, Cena, Triple H) Breakfast Club (although Orton has been putting people over recently) squashing ANYONE with ANY sort of momentum. Look at the MNW you had Goldberg, Sting, Flair, Hogan, Giant, Nash on WCW. WWE Michaels, Triple H, Undertaker, Austin, Rock, Foley, DX you had a variety of guys who could do a lot of different styles/promos. You have no differences in anyone any more. The Main Event picture has been the following guys in CM Punk's reign.... Y2J, Cena, Orton, Cena, Big Show, Cena, Ryback (only because Cena was hurt), Cena, Rock... They turned Punk chicken crap heel just like Miz was, Ziggler is, and thats pretty much all there is in heels. Cena honestly needs to take a page out of Jeff Jarrett's play book and go away for like 6 months to a year. TNA started to get better when someone other than Jarrett was main eventing and WWE needs to do that too.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

You're out of date. HHH hasnt been in the on screen picture in forever outside of his last two WM matches.

But I dont disagree that something different would be great. I just dont want that to be a Goldberg clone.

MLB ERA

You're out of date. HHH hasnt been in the on screen picture in forever outside of his last two WM matches.

But I dont disagree that something different would be great. I just dont want that to be a Goldberg clone.
    My gripe goes further back. HHH and Nash almost single handedly squashed the arguably single greatest money making opportunity they had since the dawning of Austin 3:16 and McMahon/Austin. Punk was on the cusp of becoming a new Austin after his shoot promo and MITB 2011... in comes Nash Powerbomb... Del Rio cashes in leads to HHH/Punk, Punk still talks about wanting change and that HHH is no different than VKM. Put stip on the match Punk wins and HHH quits and HHH wins... only to be fired 2 weeks later by the board. They have Punk tap to Del Rio the following month and "voice of voiceless" is dead.

I can be entertained by having some variety but Cena/Rock left, Cena up the middle, Cena/Rock right doesnt. After mania its going to be Cena won left, Cena the champ right, Cena greatest of all time left. Thats not entertainment thats torture its why you hear the chants get louder every week of "Cena sucks", its why ratings have been in a preverbial nose dive, its why PPV buy rates are down WWE gives you no reason to care unless you're a kid (Cena/Orton).
    Last edited by Slyder; 01-28-2013 at 10:23 AM.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast