Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wrestlemania Play Button!

MLB ERA

Re: Wrestlemania Play Button!

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon View Post
    Ambrose was the betting favorite when I checked on Friday, so they might've changed that booking closer to the show.
    If they're talking about Bryan/Cena2 at Summerslam then it makes some sense. I see MITB in Ambrose's immediate future (assuming he isn't dead after that powerbomb spot). Hopefully they don't send Barrett at either and try and find some way to get him out of the mid card and try him back toward the top of the card.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003 View Post
    WrestleMania 31 Kickoff Show Lineup

- Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
    I'd imagine this is where Sheamus will go over, based on his impending return and the hype that's gone into it. Then he'll switch to heel role bragging about it in the coming weeks or whatnot, kinda like what they used to do when guys who won the King of the Ring tournament would let it "go to their head". However, whoever wins, I hope they give it some time. The pre-show is two hours, so I'd think they will... but nothing is worse than a rushed battle royal.

- Tyson Kidd & Cesaro (c) vs. The New Day vs. Los Matadores vs. The Usos [WWE Tag-Team Championship]
    Unless they decide to put the straps back on the Usos, which to me is getting pretty stale, I'd think Kidd and Cesaro retain. New Day seems to be a failed gimmick, they need to turn heel and see if that goes anywhere. Los Matadores... is Los Matadores... I hope this match gets some time too, as the pre-show is again two hours. Obviously some good performers here (Kidd, Cesaro, Usos, Kingston especially).

WrestleMania 31 Lineup

- Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
    This is a tough one. However, because I think Rollins cashes in and wins the strap soon, I'll go Orton in the match. However, with Orton having the upper hand recently, that signals Rollins. Orton vs Sheamus or Orton vs Lesnar is what I was thinking would be next for Randy. I'll go Orton.

- Rusev (c) vs. John Cena [WWE United States Championship]
    Cena goes over, breaking the streak. If not? Wow. But it's universally expected to be Cena here and I am no different in my thinking.

- AJ Lee & Paige vs. The Bella Twins
    I'm glad the divas are getting more time, the whole #GiveDivasAChance thing and whatnot. However, the Divas I want to get the chance include Charlotte and the NXT ones, as their matches are much more entertaining. If this were AJ Lee and Paige vs Charlotte and Sasha Banks or something, it would hold my interest more. That being said, with Nikki retaining recently and the friction between AJ and Paige played up, I'll go AJ and Paige winning. Divas matches have been more entertaining recently, so I'll watch for sure.

- The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt
    There is no way Taker loses here. I mean, I know they like Wyatt a lot... but would they actually have Taker lose TWICE in a row? Naw. I just hope this isn't a bad match, as based off last year, Taker is really in a bad way, both before, during and after his Lesnar match. Hope this one doesn't go too long.

- Ladder Match: Bad News Barrett (c) vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan [WWE Intercontinental Championship]
    As most others are saying, I'm thinking this will be the most entertaining match of the night. We will see what kind of big spots there will be. It'll either be Bryan or Ziggler here, I'm going Bryan. However, you've got three guys in Bryan, Ziggler and Ambrose here that you're thinking more has to be headed their way soon. I think they turn Bryan heel. Now that we're clear of the Connor the Crusher stuff and the WWE clearly isn't going to put him in the Heavyweight Championship picture due to worries he'll get hurt again... what better way to quash the momentum than to turn him heel. Would lead to a fun Bryan / Ziggler feud, I'd think. Who knows!

- Sting vs. Triple H
    Sting goes over, but I'm curious how good this match will be. Hunter will have to carry it. However, I'm still disappointed... as I worry this will be the only match for Sting and it really doesn't live up to my unrealistic expectations as to his involvement in storylines, etc. However, I was also one of the folks wishing they re-signed Angle and folks, so I yearn to see old favorites fight new ones. Sting wins, but does it really matter now that we're over the "STING IS IN WWE" shock?

- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns [WWE World Heavyweight Championship]
    I'll go Lesnar... but I'm waiting on SOMETHING here. Couple scenarios I wonder about. One, whoever wins, does Rollins cash in? Or maybe he cashes in DURING the match when both guys are out of it... but then once he wins, Reigns spears him and wins it from him? Or not cash in tonight? Two, is there ANY chance Heyman turns on Lesnar? Reigns is over... but not like they wanted him to be. And especially now that he's re-signed, Lesnar is going to be cheered even more. I'm expecting a crowd pro-Lesnar. So if you're that set on Reigns being one of, if not THE, guy in WWE... have Heyman join him and turn on Lesnar. Talk about HEAT.

Should be... an OK match, I'm not crazy about Reigns and I love me some Lesnar... but who knows. I'll go Brock to retain, but this one will go any which way.
    Right
    Tag Titles, Rollins/Orton, Rusev/Cena, Divas, Wyatt/Taker, IC Title Ladder

Wrong
    Battle Royal, Sting/HHH, Lesnar/Reigns (kinda, as I mentioned the cash-in, but still wrong)

6-3
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon View Post
    Ambrose was the betting favorite when I checked on Friday, so they might've changed that booking closer to the show.
    i read last night at like 6:00, sting was a 1-7 favorite to beat triple h. i dont doubt at all triple h sees that and goes "HA, PUT 50 MILLION DOLLARS ON ME STEPH, ILL JUST CHANGE THE BOOKING"

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    i read last night at like 6:00, sting was a 1-7 favorite to beat triple h. i dont doubt at all triple h sees that and goes "HA, PUT 50 MILLION DOLLARS ON ME STEPH, ILL JUST CHANGE THE BOOKING"
    PRAISE GAHD and the reign of terror!

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

(yes i realize a wager that size would shift the odds tremendously. it was a joke)

MLB ERA

I'm sure there's also some kind of legal restrictions that prevent WWE employees from betting on the outcomes.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i just read as the ref is counting the 3, rollins leans in to reigns and said "thank you so much". thats pretty cool. im gonna see if i can find a video.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I must be deaf, even blown up I couldn't hear it but cool story if its true. And Rollins deserves to be the new Edge with the year he's had.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I'm sure there's also some kind of legal restrictions that prevent WWE employees from betting on the outcomes.
    I know that Patterson made bank on Jericho winning the belt at Vengeance '01, but I'm guessing it's changed by now. Don't know how the odds end up being right 99.9% of the time if someone from the company/arena isn't laying money on it, though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567