Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania Play Button!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Wrestlemania Play Button!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    ok, that went off perfectly acceptable. rollins is the champ, and lesnar didnt get pinned for it.
    Really thought the cash in was to give them somebody to pin, not to win the belt. I'm still perfectly fine with it.

MLB ERA

Brock probably takes a hiatus until this summer. Do you go Reigns vs Rollins or continue Orton vs Rollins?

My Thoughts on Mania: Actually better than what I was expecting (although it needed another match rather than all the filler commercials/Raw Segments).

Lets face it Brock is full fledge face at this point. I liked how they did Reigns continuing to get up. At first I thought stupid not to go there with Lesnar/Rollins but you can still do that down the road.

Welcome to Kozloville Rusev and Lana, hope you like your time there.

Great spot with Taker/Wyatt with Taker sitting up when Wyatt was doing the crab walk. Right guy won IMO if for no other reason than to not water down what Lesnar did. And Taker looked to be in 100x as good of shape this year over last.

When all the DX guys came out I threw out any chance of Sting beating HHH. If you were going to use that to get a bunch of guys on the show... WHERE WAS DDP!
    #BreakfastClubRules. Also I know I wasn't the only one that made a tearing the quad joke about Nash only to see Nash go down holding his knee right?

Didn't see the battle royale but Witlon you were right... sadly.
    Thing to watch for:
    1 Sheamus comes out and kicks Axel into next week taking his spot in the Battle Royal.
    2 Mizdow eliminates Miz, Miz jumps back in to eliminate Mizdow (or vica versa). Starting their split toward a run of matches at the next couple of PPVs.
    3 PTPers vs Ascension
    4 Sin Cara's botches and injures himself again!

How many did I get?

So Cena/Bryan 2 at Summerslam unifying the midcard belts?
    Last edited by Slyder; 03-30-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie ERA

Sting lost? Lol
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    Sting lost? Lol
    #breakfastclubrules

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

I don't think the result of the HHH/Sting match mattered much. Overall it was a much better affair than I anticipated.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Sting/HHH match i just finished watching. That was so much worse than i feared it was going to be. What year Bound for Glory did Sting face AJ for the title? That was Stings last "great" match, its been a rapid decline since and i suspected this match wouldnt set the world on fire. It didnt, which is fine the actual wrestling was subpar as expected but Trips def helped carry Sting to a passable Mania match.

But jesus fuck that match was overbooked to hell. Im really disapointed yet again everything was geared to bury WCW. JBL is the most annoying piece of shit on commentary in a long time and its not the heat a heel should have. Maybe, i suppose maybe had Sting won, it would negate his constant burial of Sting throughout the match, but Sting lost so now he looks like a **** times two.

I completely understood the DX circus, Sting simply could not wrestle that entire match with Trips straight up, but adding NWO was about as asinine and whackadoo as it gets. On what planet does NWO vs DX make any sort of WWE vs WCW storyline? WCW and NWO are two completely different entities techincally. Not to mention Sting and the NWO are sworn enemies. Having the NWO save, or try to save Sting was the dumbest shit. Watching that mess unfold I felt like it was year 2000 and it was Starrcade, not Wrestlemania. It made absolutely no sense. If anyone should have made the save for Sting, which in all fairness, no one should have especially if he was going to lose anyway, the only two acceptable names that come to my mind is DDP and Booker T. The whole thing just kept the Bret vs Vince match in my head, how poorly it was executed. Minus five stars. Just bad. Ugh.
    KBSL: IND Pacers gm -- "Pacers gonna pace"

MLB ERA

See I didn't put that much thought into it. At the end of the day it's just entertainment and that match had absolutely zero impact on long term storyline so I just enjoyed seeing the factions out there.

It'd be different if it were for control of the company or something.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBear51 View Post
    Sting/HHH match i just finished watching. That was so much worse than i feared it was going to be. What year Bound for Glory did Sting face AJ for the title? That was Stings last "great" match, its been a rapid decline since and i suspected this match wouldnt set the world on fire. It didnt, which is fine the actual wrestling was subpar as expected but Trips def helped carry Sting to a passable Mania match.

But jesus fuck that match was overbooked to hell. Im really disapointed yet again everything was geared to bury WCW. JBL is the most annoying piece of shit on commentary in a long time and its not the heat a heel should have. Maybe, i suppose maybe had Sting won, it would negate his constant burial of Sting throughout the match, but Sting lost so now he looks like a **** times two.

I completely understood the DX circus, Sting simply could not wrestle that entire match with Trips straight up, but adding NWO was about as asinine and whackadoo as it gets. On what planet does NWO vs DX make any sort of WWE vs WCW storyline? WCW and NWO are two completely different entities techincally. Not to mention Sting and the NWO are sworn enemies. Having the NWO save, or try to save Sting was the dumbest shit. Watching that mess unfold I felt like it was year 2000 and it was Starrcade, not Wrestlemania. It made absolutely no sense. If anyone should have made the save for Sting, which in all fairness, no one should have especially if he was going to lose anyway, the only two acceptable names that come to my mind is DDP and Booker T. The whole thing just kept the Bret vs Vince match in my head, how poorly it was executed. Minus five stars. Just bad. Ugh.
    I don't know if I'd say it was that bad. If you were going to turn this into getting a bunch of legends a payday.. I honestly would have perfered to see the Kliq as a whole come out to attack Sting and be rescued by....

Arn, Ric, Malenko... then

DDP, Harlem Heat...

To top it off:

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

But I agree on JBL. I thought he'd be awesome when he first became a commentator but he's just as annoying as Cole.

Although I think a lot of that has to do with the angle corporate wants to push on commentary than it does his (or Cole's) ability if they were allowed to just comment on the matches.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Witlon's Thoughts

Tag Titles: Right team won. Fun, chaotic, everybdoy looks pretty good, and the seconds getting some good work in too. Nattie putting the stupid fucking bull in the sharpshooter got a pop in my hour, that's for sure. I'd rate it ***. Fun and forgettable.

Andre Roussimoff Memorial BAttle Royal (ARMBAR!) - The Axel moment was great. Fun stuff with Cesaro, we got the Virgil moment for Sandow and Big Show stays strong. The Alex Riley/Miz spot was a nice bit of continuity. Once JBL started babbling about how Big Show had never won a battle royal, should've known it was coming. Forgettable but fun, just like a lot of the card tonight. NR.

Ladder Match: Some sick spots. Cody deserves a fucking beer for saving Dolph's life on the backdrop over the top. I thought Bryan was done after Harper threw the ladder into him in the first spot. Barrett, Harper, Ziggler and Bryan all looked great, and Ambrose probably got the bump of the year with his ladder spot. Ziggler's no selling of the bullhammer sucked, but whatever. The heatbutt fight at the top of the ladder was a great ending, right up there with Shawn/Jericho. Right guy won, and it was another fun spotfest. ***1/2, which is my goto rating for spotfests.

Orton/Rollins: Again, fun but forgetable. The finisher kickouts were fun, and they kinda had me on the first RKO spot. Seth landing on his feet on the Phoenix Splash was fucking crazy. How the fuck does this guy still have knees and ankles. Awesome RKO finish. Smooth with minimal resting. ***1/4.

Sting/HHH: Meh. Overbooked mess, but what did you expect with the WCW stuff in the build up? Fun entrances, and we didn't need the stupid handshake. I doubt Sting will be back, really. Match rating is 1/2*, but whatever. I understand why people enjoy it, but it's not for me.

Divas Match: Disjointed, fine, but nothing of substance, and they didn't botch anything too badly. Good enough. **. Sucks they got the death slot of the night, post intermission, though.

US Title: Great match, better than Fast Lane, even though the wrong guy won. They gotta end this feud here though, because when Lana is the most over American in a match, something is wrong. The springboard stunner by Cena, the diving headbutt by Rusev...all great. Wish they didn't use Lana for the finish, but it was great stuff nonetheless. ****.

Rock/HHH Mania 32 Setup: Went way, way too long, but the Rousey spot was great, and hopefully we get Rock/Rousey vs. HHH/Steph next year in Dallas, because that's more likely to sell 100,000 tickets than just Rock/HHH again. Just a setup for next year, in any event, though, and it put my girlfriend to sleep before Rousey came over the rail and everybody perked up.

IC Title Skit: Fun stuff, much more fun than the Rock/HHH stuff for its length. Flair chopping Steamboat drew a legit laugh from our group. Great rub for Bryan from the legends, too.

Taker/Bray: Saw Bray hobbling a little bit, so I'm guessing it was hurt this match quality. Love Bray's entrance, but that's about it. Would've probably just done American Badass Taker here, since it was daylight, but meh, oh well. Bray kicking out of the tombstone was a little bit much, since he's pretty much dead in the water, but again, I just don't care. **, I guess. There's just was just no drama there.

Brock/Reigns(/Rollins): Suplex city, bitch! Brock is awesome. Reigns was there, and annoying as always with his no selling. Brock's selling after the blood spot was awesome, as well. The cash in shocked us all, because I fully expected Reigns to rally after the 4th F5 and just spear Brock for the pin. Brock stays strong, Reigns looks like a world beater because of the beating he took and kept coming back, and Rollins finally looks like the smartest man in the company, after the awful Orton stuff. Stiff, awesome, and a great moment. ****3/4 and my current favorite for match of the year, only docked by Reigns' hulkup spots. Really felt like a 90s All Japan main event, with a WWE twist.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

"Not to mention Sting and the NWO are sworn enemies. Having the NWO save, or try to save Sting was the dumbest shit. "

yea, i said that last night. the horseman trying to save sting wouldve been equally as stupid.

"because I fully expected Reigns to rally after the 4th F5 and just spear Brock for the pin."

i dont know if you ran through my ramblings from last night, but i said the exact same thing. "10 suplexes and 3 f5's, and this asshole is gonna hit one spear and win this match"... or something to that effect. i fully expected it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i thought rollins/orton was the best worked match of the night, lesnar/reigns and eventually rollins was the most entertaining match of the night.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon View Post
    Okay...I'll bite.

Witlon's Wrestlemania 31 predictions
    Preshow
    WWE Tag Team Championship, Fatal Four Way: The Brass Ring Club (c) vs. The Usos vs. Los Matadores vs New Day - Champs retain in a spot fest, I'd guess. Maybe the Usos could win and their daddy can come out to celebrate with them and dance or something, but I'm totally digging the champs, and taking the belts off them would probably be a mistake.

Andre The Giant Battle Royal (ARM-BAR!): Seriously, the only guys with a shot to win are Sheamus, Miz, Mizdow, Big Show, Kane, Ryback and Itami. I'm still guessing Big Show wins to set up an awful feud with The Rock's Cousin.

Main Show
    Divas Match - AJ Lee & Paige vs The Bellas - I'd guess the faces are going over here, but it's the Bellas so who knows? AJ goes over to set up a title match with CenaBella next month, I guess.

Strea...errr...uh...- Bray Wyatt vs The Undertaker - Taker wins. Ell oh ell.

'Dream Match' - Sting vs Triple H - I'm guessing Sting is going over, but who knows with Triple H? He may want to keep himself strong so he can try to 'make' Reigns at Summerslam.

IC Title, Ladder Match - Wade Barrett(c) vs Dolph Ziggler vs Dean Ambrose vs Daniel Bryan vs R-Truth vs Stardust vs Luke Harper - Another spot fest. They'll pull out some fun stuff and we'll probably forget it by the end of the night. Ziggler or Bryan probably win to set up their feud, and give some star power to Smackdown. I'm guessing we get a singles match between the two at Extreme Rules, as well.

Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton - Already saw Orton get his revenge, so I don't understand the point of this. Orton probably wins, because it makes me scenario for Seth make more sense.

United States Title - John Cena vs Rusev(c) - Rusev needs it more, but he got the last advantage. I'm guessing it's back to CENAWINSLOL, but I'd hope not. It just makes more sense for Rusev to stay undefeated and face Reigns at Summerslam, whether Reigns wins or loses, to give him that rub.

WWE World Heavyweight Title - Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns - It'd make sense to just keep the belt on Brock and let him run through another year, but I doubt that's going to happen. Reigns wins, Rollins tries to cash in for the big pop, and Reigns spears and pins him, too. Shortly after, Rollins is taken out by the authority, and is turned face, leading to the first Shield reunion in the Summer.
    Got the tag, battle royal, Bryan, Orton, face Divas, Cena, Taker.

Missed Reigns and Sting. 7/9 isn't bad at all.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Here is my usual contribution starting with the match I care least about and what I think is going to happen.

:CenaWinsLOL: AKA The Burial of Iron Kozlov:

Ending:John Cena makes Rusev tap after 5 moves of doom in that crappy STF. Rusev becomes the new Khali or Kozlov.

Frenemies vs the Bellas (part 2023940 in varying combinations):

Ending: Paige probably returns the favor to AJ + whatever that thing Nikki does.

Tag Team Titles:
    Ending: Cesaro and Kidd retain (probably on the other Uso).

Triple H vs Sting:
    Winner: Sting.

Andre Battle Royal:
    Thing to watch for:
    1 Sheamus comes out and kicks Axel into next week taking his spot in the Battle Royal.
    2 Mizdow eliminates Miz, Miz jumps back in to eliminate Mizdow (or vica versa). Starting their split toward a run of matches at the next couple of PPVs.
    3 PTPers vs Ascension
    4 Sin Cara's botches and injures himself again!

Favorites: Mizdow, Miz, Sheamus... darkhorse Ryback
    Ending: Mizdow eliminates Miz to win. Just don't send him at Cena.. EVER.

The MITB... I mean Intercontinental Title Ladder Match:
    Favorite:... is there really one when the story is the IC belt is taking the place of Melina with as many guys as its been with...
    Prediction: Ambrose I guess could use it... I feel sorry for Barrett, it truly is criminal that he hasn't made it out of midcard hell yet.

Viper vs the Future:
    Ending: RKO out of no where, winner Randy Orton.

World Title:
    This is either going to be an epic great match or train wreck, there will be no in between. That hernia and WWE creative really derailed this match. If you had told fans a year ago this was going to be the main event... they probably would have LOVED it.

Ending: Double turn that ultimately ends with Seth Rollins taking his rightful place as the new Mr Ultimate Opportunitst and becoming the World Champ.

Battle of Fear in WWE:
    Prediction: I don't see WWE watering down what Brock did last year. 22-1 Taker.
    Got Cena partially right (at least they didn't make Rusev tap... I guess.
    Mizdow eliminated Miz (do I at least get partial credit? No.. oh well).
    Missed MITB (although it was a popular thought going into the match). I thought Wade looked good handing out bullhammers (please WWE figure out how to get him into the Main Event picture).
    RKO out of no where (great original spot though)
    Predicted who would end the night, but no double turn (unless you count the shear reaction to each entrance as a heel/face turn).
    Taker is Taker.
    #breakfastclubrules.

5 out of 9.
    Right: Cena, RKO, Cash In, Taker, Tag Belts.
    Wrong: Divas, breakfast club, Big Show, IC.
    Last edited by Slyder; 03-30-2015 at 01:21 PM.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ambrose was the betting favorite when I checked on Friday, so they might've changed that booking closer to the show.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast