Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Global Force Wrestling!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Global Force Wrestling!

just found a stream of it. its cut up into 4 parts, but i have all 4 parts loading right now. if this colts/bengals game becomes a blowout, ill watch it til the cowboys/lions. if not, im off tomorrow, so ill be looking for something to do tonight after the boys/lions end... this shall be it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

first off, im kinda digging ross and striker. im sure it gets better in match too, with ross calling the moves and striker giving the info... but for someone like me, whos familiar with everyone in this opening match, but has only really seen a shit load of alex shelley [and romero back in the day when i was into roh and japw, etc], it helps to get a little background info on all of them. but now i dont really wanna start the match, because i know ill get invested and ignore football. so im gonna do my best to just hold off til 8 tonight... but seeing the 8 guys in the opener, im pretty hyped already.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

that was the first time i saw a redragon match... theyre pretty awesome. the wheelbarrow underhook ddt into the german suplex was an awesome move. looks like koslov is gonna be out of the jr heavyweight division soon... hes bulking up... from his bis and tris, to his pecs, to his gut. but a really nice start, the bucks were awesome, shelley was great, even rocky romero wasnt too bad.

on to the next one... i guess jarrett is in the bullet club now? i only remembered devitt [then aj], fale, anderson, gallows, the bucks and yujiro the last i saw them.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

suzuki and sakuraba... awesome.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

It was a good card throughout, but I think Ross needs to get more familiar with the product, I just noticed him stumble here and there. They need a color guy because both JR and Striker are more play-by-play.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

yea, jr is kinda meh... although when marufuji hit his running knee, hearing jr go "GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY" cracked me up immensely.

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

I think people are just going to go on what JR has done in the past, but when you listen to him now he just tries to fit in what he's always done but not knowing much if anything about he product. Striker was the better part of the play-by-play and didn't have to trip over himself trying to fake legitimize things like, "I talked to -insert name- earlier, he/they said -enter generic comment-".

more like Global Farce Wrestling, amirite?

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

just continued back up, im gonna try to get 2 or 3 more matches in before i go to sleep. that said...

just watched makabe/ishii. what an awesome fucking match. suplexes and lariats! that mightve been my favorite match of 14/15. not the best match, just my favorite.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

damn, kenny omega is a beast. that was impressive as hell, hes so crisp and explosive in the ring. awesome.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

jr spoiled the tag title change. "some say, these guys cant win the big one". thanks jr, you tool. solid match though. tough to follow up omegas clinic though.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The chainsaw was my favourite part.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Some thoughts up to where Hammer is in the show, because I don't want to spoil the big three matches for him...

Quick and Dirty Ratings and Thoughts for WK9:
    1. 4 team tag: **1/2. Standard ROH tag opener from 2006. A little less spotty than I expected, but I'm just so disappointed we didn't get the Dolorean this year from the Timesplitters that I can't push my rating up higher.

2. 6 man tag: (NR/below **)I liked Kojima quite a bit in the early/mid 2000s. This was just there. Honma got a big win though, after losing every match in the G1. Back to the NEVER title with him, though, please.

3. 8 man tag: (NR/below **)Sheesh, Shelton...what happened to that skinny guy from '05 WWE? Nothing bad, but this feud isn't going anywhere. Sick Archer chokeslam, though.

4. Suzuki/Sakuraba: **3/4. A bit disappointing. The brawling on the ramp irked me a bit. Someone said that this is what it would look like if WWE tried a shoot-style match, and I agree wholeheartedly. Fun, but forgettable.

5. Ishii/Makabe: ***. Really shined due to card placement more than anything. Makabe's weak worked punches shine through more a second viewing and the style has been done better millions of times. (I was ***1/2 on my initial viewing, which is I guess all that matters when I bought the show.)

6. Omega/Taguchi: **. Indy showcase with Taguchi doing an Eddie Guerrero tribute gimmick and Omega trying to be the offspring of Scott Hall and Dallas Page. Fun MOVEZ! but no real structure. The spray spot should've lead to the finish, instead of being the turning point. (I had forgot it even happened until someone mentioned it post-show.) The arm hair chainsaw spot is something I've never seen before, and it was probably Striker's peak moment in pointing it out in advance.

7. Gallows-Anderson/Goto-Shibata: ***1/4. Again, good storytelling by the announcers, as they put over the underdog story well enough. Standard TNA-level tag match, with a ton of fun spots, but no real heat segment/structure. I prefer the Southern Style, but I can certainly appreciate this.

3 matches left...and they blow away everything we've seen so far. (Ooops, spoilers.) I'll get to them as Hammer does.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

im gonna get to the last 3 tonight. right now in fact, naito is walking down to the ring as i type. id go ishii/makabe, the opener, tag titles, omega/taguchi in that order as of right now, with the other 3 matches being pretty forgettable. in terms of enjoyment at least.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

very good match, but a little sloppy. most, if not all of which, was on naito. aj is still one of the best though. another guy, everything is very crisp with him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast