Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: NXT/205 Live thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: NXT thread

ambrose/rollins was a bit underwhelming to me. i mean, it was a good match, but ambrose went full out super cena towards the end of that match, and it turned me off a bit. owens/cena 1, sasha/bayley, sasha/becky, rollins/cena/brock from rr and brock/reigns/rollins from wm are probably my top 5... owens/cena is number 1, and the other 4 can be interchanged based on what i most recently saw.

I liked the Rollins/Cena/Brock match, but the Wrestlemania one was only essentially good because it was Mania, and because the title changing hands, etc. Everyone in WWE acts like Reigns was holding his own against Brock, and was his equal, but it was so far from the truth. Reigns could barely stand, but had that "never give up" Cena thing going on. He couldn't get put away and would get a few major shots in, etc. Which means I am so very, very thankful it became a triple threat match. It SAVED the match to me. It was the best cash in we may ever see, but the match prior to it, wasn't even that good to me. Best match on the card to me was Orton/Rollins with probably the best RKO out of no where

As great at Owens/Cena 1 was, I still really hate they had those two fight over and over. The match was just as good but a lot of the same exact spots over again. If they had spread them out it could have helped, or if perhaps they reserved a spot or two from the first match and saved them for the second. I guess I just don't want the same big time spots to repeat themselves that frequently in big time matches. Owens' suplex from the top is awesome, along with that move that starts like a cradle piledriver then almost spins it out into a weird side tiger bomb or something. I have no idea what to call it. Along with his aerial moves

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

so theyre coming to the end of the dusty rhodes tag team tourney. and it seems theyre setting up for joe/balor vs corbin/rhyno as the finals... but seriously, id rather them push the real tag teams. enzo/cass vs gable/jordan would be my ideal finals... but i could deal with the mechanics vs the hype bros [yea, it hurts me to say that last team]. joe, balor, corbin and rhyno are all established... i guess it adds credibility to the tournament if you have joe/balor win it all, but meh, you need to set up the next contender for the vaudevillains... gable/jordan, preferably.

Another point to that, why not go with a team of guys who have been in NXT for a bit? Some of those guys had worked with Dusty for a while, and it would just be nice

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

so the card for next week is... bayley/sasha 30 min ironwoman match, breeze/apollo, dana/asuka, joe and balor/the mechanics, corbin and rhyno/gable and jordan, and the finals, correct? the 3 singles matches would seem to have obvious outcomes... bayley, apollo and asuka. i guess the tag tourney can go to any of the 4 teams... i still think itll be joe/balor vs rhyno/corbin, with joe/balor winning.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So far...

Tag Matchs have been A1. Though they are going with the storyline instead of the tag teams.
    Dana wasn't that bad in her murder.
    ApolloWinsLOL

Finals is coming up. Than the women tear the house down.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i only just finished up the opener, but judging on that post, im guessing gable/jordan didnt beat rhyno/corbin. not really a big deal, i dont think itll be much longer til jordan/gable have the tag straps anyway. none of anything else you said is stunning. i may wait til i get home tomorrow for the two main events, since i actually wanna sit and watch them, and not be falling asleep in my chair and attempting to watch.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

the ending sequence on rhyno/corbin vs gable/jordan was awesome. every time i see jordan/gable, im impressed more and more.

Yeah, I was really impressed with that match

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Double J and Gable looked downright amazing last night. Hands down their best performance, and something to really build on. You give me matchs like that everytime your in the ring, and I'll be watching.

As for the main event. My eyes leak some sort of fluid just thinking about it.

It was an awesome main event, but I got worried when they went for the reverse hurracanranna from the top so late in the match. It was ugly the last time they did it and with the added exhaustion, I was crossing my fingers Sasha wouldn't be planted on her head twice in the same match.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

with the way they did the post match speech with the entire rhodes family, i guess joe and balor were the correct winners. i definitely change my opinion that cocky heels like gable and jordan shouldve been the winners... but maybe, enzo and cass getting that rub? regardless, good storytelling in the finals, and finn looked like complete gold, which i suppose is what you want to accomplish every night, make your champion really seem like hes the best.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

oh, and james storm... thats awesome. him, apollo, ciampa and gargano over the last couple months, they just keep rebolstering.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    oh, and james storm... thats awesome. him, apollo, ciampa and gargano over the last couple months, they just keep rebolstering.
    Sorry bout your d@(% luck! Thats one guy who actually comes from TNA that thrills me to no end!
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

He was backstage at the live event, was hoping something happened. Although looking back, there were no spots that really would make a lot of sense. I'm ready for 10/21

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast