Page 9 of 267 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Will DX be believable now after the 'epic' encounters between Trips and Shawn? And they have to have a 3rd member, probably somebody new. I think I'd rather see an Evolution rehash than a new DX.

Nothing will compare to the original.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    Will DX be believable now after the 'epic' encounters between Trips and Shawn? And they have to have a 3rd member, probably somebody new. I think I'd rather see an Evolution rehash than a new DX.

Nothing will compare to the original.
    The only epic match they've had was the one at SummerSlam in '02... Shawn's return to the ring.
    rf28

AAA ERA
    I dug up my Degeneration-X Video last night. Sooo good!!!

DX is not coming back. Vince is just "sticking the tip in" if you catch my drift.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No, they are coming back. This was confirmed.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This was on wrestlezone.com

The Charlotte Bobcats Arena website has posted an article on the upcoming WWE Judgment Day PPV. The preview reads: World Wrestling Entertainment'sVengeance, a live, pay-per-view event Sunday, June 25, 2006 at 7:45 p.m. with tickets on sale Saturday, May 13, 2006 at 10:00 a.m. Superstars scheduled to appear: THE RETURN OF DE-GENERATION X! - DX IS BACK!!!

Just to note, the plan is to definitely have a return of D-X. WWE media reps have been sending previews out early telling arenas to start advertising the return of the group.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    wtf just happened
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    this raw sucks

MLB ERA
    how the hell does this "sport" still survive? I mean, God bless the parents of Stacy Keibler, but other than that.... what the hell is the attraction to wrestling. (warning: old fart story coming).

Back in my day, we were led to believe that wrestling was at least a little bit real. Some of the guys actually even had what was known as wrestling skills. Of course, there were just as many that were clowns, but there were by-the-book wrestling moves once in a while. All I see now is complete assclowns who know how to strut and talk smack and not much else. And it's widely known that all outcomes are predetermined weeks/months in advance.

(then again, I have no clue wtf the attraction is to reality tv either and all of those outcomes are predetermined too).

MLB ERA
    i'm just waiting for the dX reunion because that was the main reason i watched when i was younger

and god DAMN this raw sucks

MLB ERA
    I was flipping through the Sports channels tonight. I couldn't believe this shit.

It was Wrestling, Paintball, and Golf, and some card game. WTF.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    ghettochild-what exactly happened that made tonight's raw so bad?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    ghettochild-what exactly happened that made tonight's raw so bad?
    first off, the much-hyped hardcore match absolutly blew. i mean BLEW. they brought out some ECW dude because edge said "any match" so foley made it a triple threat. right off the bat foley and the ECW dude scared edge out of the ring. and then foley plunked this ECW dude in the back of the head with his barbed wire bat. after that, he gave edge the bat, and they both took turns on bashing this guys brains out. after the match, foley shook hands with edge and then kissed litas hand, and they walked out raising eachothers hands.

then, out of the blue, there was a divas match, which i didn't mind, but oh well. mickey james vs maria acc. by trish stratus. mickey of course beat maria, and then trish jumped into the ring and mickey started whaling on trish's arm. then some random chick came out and the security tackled her and mickey ran off saying "you weren't invited, you weren't invited!"...wtf

then bigshow vs kane. bigshow offered to shake kanes hand and kane complied, by giving him a fist pound. throughout the whole match, bigshow was toying with kane, trying to "releave some tension in kane" supposivly. then of course lights go red, kane's old mask appears on the screen MAY 19TH MAY 19TH BLAH BLAH BLAH but it was cool to see kane's oldschool mask. anywho, he pounded bigshow with a chair, they didn't even bother DQ'ing kane which i found pathetic.

oomaga is getting rediculous. its like they are showing him with all these idiot newbie wrasslers. this time it was a 2v1, and oomaga of course beat the living shit out of them. its getting really old really fast.

"the old man" put HBK and Cena in a 2v5 against that peter-puffing spirit squad. i didn't catch the jist of the match, only the last 5 minutes, but from what i saw Cena got his ass handed to him, ref gets distracted, HBK gets tagged with the belt, HBK gets pinned, Hunter comes out and pedigree's Cena, gives him the dX salute, and then walks off.

i was hoping hunter would walk off with HBK in arm, helping him off, but i was misled.

piss poor raw

MLB ERA
    Wait.. HBK = Shawn Michaels?
    HBK = Heartbreak Kid?

Gawd. I knew that wrestling was ****ing swishy, but that just proves it.

What a fruit

Bi my pothter or I'll lay the thmackdown on your atth!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    The only epic match they've had was the one at SummerSlam in '02... Shawn's return to the ring.
    What about Armageddon '02, the 2 out of 3 falls match where Shawn gets pushed off a ladder into 4 stacked tables? Or the last Raw of '03, where Shawn and Trips pin each other at the same time? What about the Last Man Standing match at Royal Rumble '04 and the draw finish? How about the longest match in WWE history(minus Iron Man Matches), the Bad Blood '04 hell in a cell match?

They've had a rivalry ever since Shawn came back into the ring, to say that Summerslam '02 was the only epic encounter is insane. And I'm not even mentioning the fued continuations at Wrestlemania 20, Backlash '04 and Survivor Series '02(The First Elimination Chamber).

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    how the hell does this "sport" still survive? I mean, God bless the parents of Stacy Keibler, but other than that.... what the hell is the attraction to wrestling. (warning: old fart story coming).

Back in my day, we were led to believe that wrestling was at least a little bit real. Some of the guys actually even had what was known as wrestling skills. Of course, there were just as many that were clowns, but there were by-the-book wrestling moves once in a while. All I see now is complete assclowns who know how to strut and talk smack and not much else. And it's widely known that all outcomes are predetermined weeks/months in advance.
    Alright, guys, it's getting old, if you're not a wrestling fan, you don't have to come to the thread. Maybe some of us would like a chance to talk about something that we watch. Quite frankly, I'm sick of everyone coming in here in saying how wrestling is fake and we shouldn't watch, and blah blah.

Back to the topic, Raw wasn't real good tonight. The Dreamer stuff should add some extra heat to the ECW v. WWE fued, and maybe even set up Foley-Terry Funk at One Night Stand.

The main event wasn't bad, Johnny and Kenny are more impressive every week and are definately in line for big futures.

The Kane gimmick has to stop, and Carlito needs a full-time fued if he's going to get over as a face. As for the fatal four way, Van Dam has to drop the IC belt real soon, especially since he's being built up as a threat to the WWE Title.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    Alright, guys, it's getting old, if you're not a wrestling fan, you don't have to come to the thread. Maybe some of us would like a chance to talk about something that we watch. Quite frankly, I'm sick of everyone coming in here in saying how wrestling is fake and we shouldn't watch, and blah blah.
    Go back and read the post. I'm actually asking wtf the draw/attraction to it is. I -get- the whole trampy chick angle to keep people's attn (and don't believe that the whole Nitro Girl, et all isn't just a gimmick to keep people's attn because it all that it is).

My question is simple. What is the attraction? It's bad acting and it's NOT wrestling. It's a TV show. Ok, I can deal with that. And I also have NEVER said that no one should watch it. What you watch is up to you. Hell, If I said anything, I'd say you should NEVER watch another Tom Cruise movie again, but that's another topic entirely.

Watch what you want, but when someone asks what exactly it is you like about it, don't jump them for asking. Explain it. The fact that it is so obviously fake is probably why some people do question the draw to it.

Page 9 of 267 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast