Page 52 of 267 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Official WWE Thread

Even though Heath Slater choked Cena with the Ropes and there was similar shit in a Jericho/JBL feud.

MLB ERA

well lets see....

Theres the rope
    Theres chairs
    theres ladders
    Theres TV cords

All things used to "choke" people with some multiple times.

have I forgotten anything? All this will do is put Danielson over to MARS and when he comes back immediate fued with Barrett.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And yet they will allow kidnappings...
    rf28

MLB ERA

Don't forget the ramming of several cars. I mean, kids might see that and think it would be cool to go for a joy ride crashing into cars.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I know very hypocritical of Vince. He is so scared of bringing up Benoit and that situation, that he forgot so much more.
    Yet his show still maintains a PG rating, which is one of the reasons why he is doing less and less.
    But it appears now, he is doing more and more.

If you see where I am going with this.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    I know very hypocritical of Vince. He is so scared of bringing up Benoit and that situation, that he forgot so much more.
    Yet his show still maintains a PG rating, which is one of the reasons why he is doing less and less.
    But it appears now, he is doing more and more.

If you see where I am going with this.
    PG13 isnt a big change. Parents arent going to refuse to buy the crap for little Johnny or Jill because of a slight change in rating. Heck I remember going to the movies as a kid and sneaking into all the PG 13 movies and come out thinking... WTH? If parents let their kids watch WWE right now they arent going to change the channel with a slight bit more edgie pg 13 rating.

But the Danielson thing is all a work. Cena and all the rest wouldnt be harping on it if he were legitimately gone. All this will do is incense the "WWE Universe" get a bunch of pledge drives going, petitions, etc. and Bret will come out and say I have heard the "Universe" and welcome back Bryan Danielson to some major pop.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    Even though Heath Slater choked Cena with the Ropes and there was similar shit in a Jericho/JBL feud.
    If you can call that a choke.

He put the ropes around his neck, but it seemed like he just placed them there then tossed them aside.

Not sure if he knew the rule and realized what he was about to do or if he just botched it, but either way it ended up not even looking real.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Are you denying that there have been other instances of choking since the PG-era began? That was my point regardless of that example. I noticed you didn't dispute the Jericho/JBL feud.

I don't really care one way or the other, but I just find the whole PG thing to be hypocritical. I know, obviously, that wrestling is "fake"...but the whole thing is people fighting other people and so on. What is PG about that? The recently banned head-shots with chairs, but they still hit with other things and destroy stuff. What is PG about that? The list goes on and on.

MLB ERA

Are you denying that there have been other instances of choking since the PG-era began? That was my point regardless of that example. I noticed you didn't dispute the Jericho/JBL feud.
    Not at all. I was merely scoffing at Slater's "choke" with the ropes since you brought it up as an example.

I don't really care one way or the other, but I just find the whole PG thing to be hypocritical. I know, obviously, that wrestling is "fake"...but the whole thing is people fighting other people and so on. What is PG about that? The recently banned head-shots with chairs, but they still hit with other things and destroy stuff. What is PG about that? The list goes on and on.
    I think it's stupid as well and has watered down what was already watered down enough as is.

Even back in 80s when the industry was almost entirely geared towards children Hulk Hogan was hitting people with chairs all the time. Chair shots are a wrestling standard.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

IF you want to watch good wrestling, watch ring of honor. They use everything and beat the hell out of each other. WWE is terrible. It's a soap opera every monday night.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    IF you want to watch good wrestling, watch ring of honor. They use everything and beat the hell out of each other.
    Kind of hard to watch it when they don't offer it on my television programming.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    WWE is terrible. It's a soap opera every monday night.
    Of course it's a soap opera. That's what it's supposed to be. It's always been a soap opera and it always will be a soap opera. ALL staged wrestling entertainment programs are a soap opera and I'm sure ROH is no different.

There's no point in watching it for the actual wrestling because that's all staged. Sure, it's nice to see the wrestler/actors put on a good show (I certainly wouldn't put up with nothing but fake punches and no theatrics) but in the end the appeal is the storyline.

The problem with the WWE over the past 7 or 8 years has not been that they've had soap opera storylines (like all staged wrestling programs do) it's that their soap opera storylines have been stale, boring, and predictable.

MLB ERA

More on the Bryan Danielson firing.

I like how they fired him for using the tie to choke someone and considered that to be beyond their rating but that didn't stop them from focusing in on that all the time when recapping the initial attack.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying this Nexus s/l but I thought Danielson brought a lot to it and it could be so much better with him.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    More on the Bryan Danielson firing.

I like how they fired him for using the tie to choke someone and considered that to be beyond their rating but that didn't stop them from focusing in on that all the time when recapping the initial attack.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying this Nexus s/l but I thought Danielson brought a lot to it and it could be so much better with him.
    I still think this is a work about the end of the 90-day "no compete" clause they'll figure out someway to tie him back into with Cena and he and Barrett fued. If they do it right they could really elevate both Barrett and Danielson quickly. I'm just guessing here but I think the Martha Hart suit threw a bit of a monkeywrench in the plans for nexus.

Hear me out:

Barrett gets fired, they raise hell demanding contracts and what not.
    This happens for a while then Hart sets up a match at MITB along with giving them "temporary contracts" allowing them to perform in the ring in the mean time.

Its Cena and some of NXT Season 1 pros, and a "mystery opponent" vs Nexus. TLC match(adding similar matches to the PPV concept), whoever pulls the briefcase down gets a title shot at a ppv (Barrett's old shot), if Nexus member pulls it down each of them get a contract. If Cena's team pulls it down they leave WWE "forever".

At the match all the competitors in the ring except for "mystery guy". Comes out with a mask and then as he stares down Barrett he takes it off to reveal Daniel Bryan (much easier to say in chants) and chaos errupts.

I'd use Gabriel as sort of a Jeff Hardy spot fest through anything they could setup.
    Try to work Slater in a lot (I still think he could have as much potential as Barrett or Danielson or he could be Marty Jannetty IC caliber).
    Otunga, Tarver, and Sheffield would be just trying to wear everyone down with their size.
    Make Danielson be a focal point of "team Cena". Maybe even work in an angle where he screws Cena or someone like Kofi (IC) or Miz (US) in order to get him into a title fued.

End of the match Barrett and Cena climb the ladder beat on each other a bit. Then have Barrett duck a punch and flip Cena over the ladder to his shoulders to do that fireman's carry slam through a bunch of tables. Grabbing the briefcase and the win for Nexus and restoring his lost title shot. Parting shot of Nexus standing on the ladder Barrett at the top with the briefcase looking down on an "unconcious" Cena.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

I'm bored and wanted to bump this up. Wanted to see if theres anyone wanting to discussion Nexus.

1 Daniel Bryan firing was a complete work.
    2 They're giving Slater a chance to work his way into a believable heel.
    3 Might be a tad too soon to push Barrett into the main event picture.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

Barrett is the only member of Nexus that I see having any long-term future with WWE. Young may be gone / down to FCW already. I wish they'd team him Cena. Sheffield broke his ankle supposedly, isn't that great, and would probably legitimately injure someone. Otunga is only around because of his connection to Jennifer Hudson. He is terrible. I don't really care for Slater. He's a goofy guy and I haven't been impressed with him. Gabriel is too similar to Bourne. Tarver will be gone next no doubt.

Bryan will take the belt of Miz sometime in the near future, which will allow Miz to use his MitB to get into the main event picture.