Page 250 of 267 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 3994

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

MLB ERA

Re: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    the schtick was old quick, yes. like... at nxt, i quickly got tired of them. the novelty when they got to the main roster was cool... and in 2 weeks it was old again.

that being said however... they were really really over. regardless of mine or your feelings, there were legs left on them. im happy for my own personal hatred, that its dead and gone... but i thought there was money to be made. whatever, i dont care for either one of them. i hope neville legit stretches enzo and i never have to see him again.
    And the show was better for it because he stood out, he was unique on the mic. How many years did the New Age Outlaws milk the same thing? People get sick of it but they were still reacting in a time where you DESPERATELY need clear faces and heels to get people invested.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    And the show was better for it because he stood out, he was unique on the mic. How many years did the New Age Outlaws milk the same thing? People get sick of it but they were still reacting in a time where you DESPERATELY need clear faces and heels to get people invested.
    He wasn't unique on the mic until he split from Cass, though. That was my point. Saying the same exact thing every single time is the exact opposite of unique.

As for the NAO, they got stale and boring to me the second they turned face, in large part because they became less innovative with their antics and more formulaic with their cookie cutter, catch phrase infested promos.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

I'm not as big of a Sasha Banks fan as most but I do find it perplexing how every time she wins the title she loses it again the next night on Raw.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I'm not as big of a Sasha Banks fan as most but I do find it perplexing how every time she wins the title she loses it again the next night on Raw.
    This times different! She won it at a ppv and lost it on Raw. It's usually the other way around.

I will never get how they've booked her. Her four title reigns combined make a decent length for one for most people. Just to go to Nia Jax? If that was the plan have Nia win the #1 contender and don't make Nia tap a half a dozen times in 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Slyder; 08-30-2017 at 09:42 AM.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

and i didnt even care about sasha/alexa... even with my love for alexas booty... after that scathing cena promo on reigns. that had to be a wake up call from backstage to roman, through cena.

MLB ERA

and i didnt even care about sasha/alexa... even with my love for alexas booty... after that scathing cena promo on reigns. that had to be a wake up call from backstage to roman, through cena.
    For the first time in quite awhile I loved a John Cena promo.

And yeah, it felt very real, lol

MLB ERA

If they want to do this right they need to bring back people like Cryme Time, Have Jericho and Edge comment about Nexus, go full bore.
    Last edited by Slyder; 08-30-2017 at 04:08 PM.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

If they want to do this right they need to bring back people like Cryme Time, Have Jericho and Edge comment about Nexus, go full bore.
    Nah, we don't need overkill.

I actually like Cena of all people being the one putting Roman in his place.

The only interjection I add is that if they want to do this right Roman needs to go full heel.

Say what you will about Cena and how horribly they've booked him over the years and the ensuing crowd reaction he gets that isn't as great of a thing as the commentators spin it out to be, but Cena knows how to work it.

I've never actually hated John Cena. He's actually very good on the mic (and I feel that's an understatement even) and can even put on a great match. I wouldn't put him at the top of the list when it comes to actual in-ring but he's put on a show quite a bit.

Cena's problem has never been his personal ability to put on a good promo or work in the ring. It's always been the booking with him, and with the way the crowd has turned on him but the booking insists on keeping him face he actually works that the best he can.

Roman, on the other hand, will stick to the boring script no matter how much the crowd boos him. Then the few times he actually acknowledges the boos he'll throw out a full on heelish reply then go back to babyface and it's all just dumb. Meanwhile, his in-ring work, while not atrocious, is nothing spectacular.

MLB ERA

Although, despite the fact I said he should go full heel, maybe not just yet. It'd be interesting to see Roman kind of skirt the heel line, riding more on the other side than face, but not go full throttle just yet. Then after the match with Cena they tease a full Shield reunion on Raw only for Roman to beat the crap out of both of them. That'd be some major heel heat.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Although, despite the fact I said he should go full heel, maybe not just yet. It'd be interesting to see Roman kind of skirt the heel line, riding more on the other side than face, but not go full throttle just yet. Then after the match with Cena they tease a full Shield reunion on Raw only for Roman to beat the crap out of both of them. That'd be some major heel heat.
    agreed, that was also my ideal situation for turning him heel. they get the best face reaction of any of the full time acts... maybe aj, maybe nakamura, and brock definitely does but not full time. they do the shield fist bump thing, and as they all turn around to celebrate, reigns smirks, and when ambrose turns around... spear on him. and then he brawls with rollins, eventually getting the upperhand. id even do it in the lead up to royal rumble, so they can feud into the rumble, and then go their separate ways afterwards, and not have to give too much of it away, too early.

MLB ERA

Nah, we don't need overkill.

I actually like Cena of all people being the one putting Roman in his place.

The only interjection I add is that if they want to do this right Roman needs to go full heel.

Say what you will about Cena and how horribly they've booked him over the years and the ensuing crowd reaction he gets that isn't as great of a thing as the commentators spin it out to be, but Cena knows how to work it.

I've never actually hated John Cena. He's actually very good on the mic (and I feel that's an understatement even) and can even put on a great match. I wouldn't put him at the top of the list when it comes to actual in-ring but he's put on a show quite a bit.

Cena's problem has never been his personal ability to put on a good promo or work in the ring. It's always been the booking with him, and with the way the crowd has turned on him but the booking insists on keeping him face he actually works that the best he can.

Roman, on the other hand, will stick to the boring script no matter how much the crowd boos him. Then the few times he actually acknowledges the boos he'll throw out a full on heelish reply then go back to babyface and it's all just dumb. Meanwhile, his in-ring work, while not atrocious, is nothing spectacular.
    I don't know if going full heel with Roman will change anything. Much like making Cena act like a heel (although I'd say he already is the thing people have to overcome).

Please note, I know I've said this multiple times before and its not directly completely at Cena, he's symptom of wwe insanity/stupidity.

WWE has been coddling Cena for a decade because he's just good enough to make them money and not be good enough to leave and do other things (see Lesnar MMA, Rock Acting, even guys like Hogan going to WCW). Everything he said about Roman could be attributed to him. Just look at the product in 2005ish to now. Before anyone says "that's a different era" or they're more restricted in what they can do, the WWF in the 80s (the "Golden Era") was also PG. I have fully admitted I have never been and never will be a fan of Cena (and he's been a big reason behind "sabbaticals" from wrestling) because the WWE incessant shoving of him.

Everyone makes a big deal about all the "Make a Wish" he grants but I'm 10000000% sure most of the roster does them as well yet you never see WWE do any video packages for them. People talk about him being the "best merch" mover since Austin... well that's easy when he had 2-3x the amount of crap to pawn off (its not as bad as it use to be he had 61 on wweshop a number of guys had upper 40s), every week you display something new (between colors of shirts, that little do rag he holds, hats, etc), and wwe understands your fan base they should be targeting.

Hell Roman the past year has been in the feud of the year IMO, I'm sure the internet will try and find some way to get Y2J/KO or KO/AJ in there. He's almost single handedly helped make someone look like an actual threat to Brock and raising the profile with fans. When was the last time Cena truly elevated someone after working with him? Most of the people he's "put over" were already at a certain level (Punk, DB, Rock, AJ).

Yes he made KO's debut spectacular... then he beat KO what 3 times? He "passed out" vs Rusev at some B or C PPV, come time for the biggest show of the year... #LOLCenaWins. Wyatt won 1 match in a 4 on 1 handicap match after being made to look like a fool almost every week.

He's 40 and turned into what he use to rail against.
    Last edited by Slyder; 08-30-2017 at 05:08 PM.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

agreed, that was also my ideal situation for turning him heel. they get the best face reaction of any of the full time acts... maybe aj, maybe nakamura, and brock definitely does but not full time. they do the shield fist bump thing, and as they all turn around to celebrate, reigns smirks, and when ambrose turns around... spear on him. and then he brawls with rollins, eventually getting the upperhand. id even do it in the lead up to royal rumble, so they can feud into the rumble, and then go their separate ways afterwards, and not have to give too much of it away, too early.
    See what happened to the Usos when they came to Roman's aid. They do need to change his character, I'd start with ditching that body armor if its not going to mean anything (see D'Lo Brown using his as a "weapon" and needing it because of "injury").

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

I don't know if going full heel with Roman will change anything. Much like making Cena act like a heel (although I'd say he already is the thing people have to overcome).

Please note, I know I've said this multiple times before and its not directly completely at Cena, he's symptom of wwe insanity/stupidity.

WWE has been coddling Cena for a decade because he's just good enough to make them money and not be good enough to leave and do other things (see Lesnar MMA, Rock Acting, even guys like Hogan going to WCW). Everything he said about Roman could be attributed to him. Just look at the product in 2005ish to now. Before anyone says "that's a different era" or they're more restricted in what they can do, the WWF in the 80s (the "Golden Era") was also PG. I have fully admitted I have never been and never will be a fan of Cena (and he's been a big reason behind "sabbaticals" from wrestling) because the WWE incessant shoving of him.

Everyone makes a big deal about all the "Make a Wish" he grants but I know for a FACT New Day, Ziggler, and even freaking Miz (plus others I'm sure) does them as well yet you never see WWE do any video packages for them. People talk about him being the "best merch" mover since Austin... well that's easy when he had 2-3x the amount of crap to pawn off (its not as bad as it use to be he had 61 on wweshop a number of guys had upper 40s), every week you display something new (between colors of shirts, that little do rag he holds, hats, etc), and wwe understands your fan base they should be targeting.

Hell Roman the past year has been in the feud of the year IMO, I'm sure the internet will try and find some way to get Y2J/KO or KO/AJ in there. He's almost single handedly helped make someone look like an actual threat to Brock and raising the profile with fans. When was the last time Cena truly elevated someone after working with him? Most of the people he's "put over" were already at a certain level (Punk, DB, Rock, AJ).

Yes he made KO's debut spectacular... then he beat KO what 3 times? He "passed out" vs Rusev at some B or C PPV, come time for the biggest show of the year... #LOLCenaWins. Wyatt won 1 match in a 4 on 1 handicap match after being made to look like a fool almost every week.

He's 40 and turned into what he use to rail against.
    You can say a lot of what he said to Roman and attribute it to him, sure. Roman even did so in the rebuttal. But I'm not disputing how the WWE has handled both of them the same. I'm saying that Cena works what he's given in a great way while Roman does not.

Cena still gets reactions in spite of it. Cena still works the crowd great in spite of it. With Roman's inability to work anything we're only left with the horrible forced pushes and silver spoon in his mouth.

I agree in regards to his feud with Braun being awesome but that's partly due to the fact that they've actually booked Roman better for what he is. But that's also because of who he was feuding with. Take him away from Strowman and try and keep him as a face (away from the Shield) and we'll be back to square one with him because he can't work it. And if you do put him back with Ambrose and Rollins without the heel-turn we mentioned above then sure he'll get the face pop but that's more for the group and less because of what he can do in the industry.

WWE booking is what it is but I'd take Cena as a performer on the mic and in the ring any day. I'm not as convinced that Roman doesn't work as anything more than silent big guy muscle persona, which only has so much flexibility in the industry.

Heck, since we've brought him up, even Braun Strowman in his limited time on the mic has shown a better ability to work a promo than Roman.
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 08-30-2017 at 05:09 PM.

MLB ERA

The only time in recent memory I recall the fans chanting for Roman was right after Dean and Seth reunited.

Even if they screw up the longer term follow through that tease then turn would provide some huge heel heat.

MLB ERA

and oh my I love dvring Raw. It let me skip so much bs.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels