Page 169 of 267 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3994

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

MLB ERA

Re: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    that being said, rusev's character has been built up badly. once he loses, theres no where to go with him. hes been doomed for failure, unless you just have him win forever.
    I agree with this, but that happens whether they feed him to Cena or anybody else. It's just the inevitable end for the type of push they've given him.

And I see that with Wyatt but, again, I think it has more to do with how they've pushed him and less to do with Cena.

He keeps talking like Cena is just this powder keg that once he beats somebody it kills their career.

Unless you want to give Wyatt the strap (not that I would oppose that) what else are you going to do with them other than have the randomly target other people as they have been doing?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

I mean, let's say Wyatt beat Cena each and every time they had a match. Win, lose, or draw that feud isn't going to go on forever. You're still stuck with the "what do we do with them now?" question and new feuds they would've been giving them with it being obvious he's not being given a title push at this juncture.

And how is the current feud with Jericho any different than the other random feuds with Kane and Bryan? Cena didn't kill the character, he was just another feud and they've been doing the same thing with them the whole time.
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 09-21-2014 at 09:48 PM.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    You keep saying that like everyone who ever loses to Cena gets no further push.

And don't cite Ryback. He sucks.
    Where do you go with Rusev after he actually loses? His WHOLE skit is that Russia>US, when someone actually shows to be his equal where can you go? Its gonna die whether its Cena or someone else. But this whole Russia/US stuff looks like a perfect excuse to include Cena and his magical array of fruity pebble shirts.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

agreed all around. im not sure what to do with the wyatts either, except for what you outlined. but im also not paid to come up with things for these guys. the gimmick is over, 2 of the 3 are at least solid wrestlers [harper is good, bray is intriguing... rowan is awful], it should be your purpose to figure out how to keep some one like bray wyatt relevant to the top of the card on every show. i realize even the undertaker went through lulls... but wyatts been floundering since april. figure it out. so yea, i dont blame cena at all... top of the card guys like that need to be kept strong, so when a daniel bryan beats them clean in the middle of the ring, it has more impact.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

too many piss break matches on this card. ziggler/miz, orton/jericho, the womens match. i assume/hope that cena and brock are up after this match. and nothing in ring wise really saved the show so far... sheamus/cesaro was cool for what it was, and the ambrose return was nice. but nothing spectacular.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Unless you want to give Wyatt the strap (not that I would oppose that) what else are you going to do with them other than have the randomly target other people as they have been doing?
    My biggest problem was that the ENTIRE feud Cena CONSTANTLY was put in a position to look dominant over the ENTIRE faction, not 1 on 1 but 3 on 1. If not for Cena letting the kid "spook" him where does Wyatt get anything? Every match was basically a 3 on 1 handicap match and Cena was 90% of the time written to look ridiculously strong except maybe the last 5 seconds as part of a dq. Its the same thing everytime! He's f'ing Superman and Superman struggles in theaters. The majority of people can't get behind a guy who cannot lose and is basically a god.

Its why you see Punk, Bryan, etc start to rise up as "counter culture" because they face legitimate challenges, they have to fight, scrap, claw for things.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

so yea, i dont blame cena at all... top of the card guys like that need to be kept strong, so when a daniel bryan beats them clean in the middle of the ring, it has more impact.
    The WWE is in the situation they're in because they rode the same horses for the last decade and don't know how to build up guys. The last truly great star they built? Batista?

The "top of the card" is the same that its been for a decade= Orton, Cena... HHH... Batista...

When they've tried to elevate someone they immediately **** down their legs like they did having this big heel Sheamus run to Cena immediately neutered him (note I don't blame this one on Cena its creative's fault for being stupid). Or like the countless Orton reigns neutered by HHH over the years.

The era most fans really use as their "starting point" had Rock, Austin, Taker, Kane, HHH, Hardy's, Dudleys, E&C, Jericho, Mankind, hell even Lita and Trish main evented a couple times. What happened to building up multiple guys so that if something (see DBs neck surgery/Roman Reigns emergency hernia surgery) happens you're not left completely scratching your head.

I'll let Edge and Chris Jericho story pinpoint PART of the reason they've had such a horrible time creating stars and it can be directed back to their stupid creative.

Last edited by Slyder; 09-21-2014 at 10:19 PM.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

i dont think anyones gonna argue that they mangled the entire nexus storyline.

MLB ERA

i dont think anyones gonna argue that they mangled the entire nexus storyline.
    Its one of many. I beat on Cena relentlessly but he is but the symptom of a much bigger problem. Look at CM Punk voice of the voiceless for another example. Look at Brock's initial return (2012). Look at the over correction with Brock (2014). Who is there that's believable to face Lesnar should he retain tonight? Yes Cena is involved in many of those, BUT creative is at fault. I know many people arent fans of Ryback but couldn't you have seen (if not painted into a corner) you build up Ryback to have him face Lesnar at a Summer Slam or Survivor Series and used Heyman as the mouthpiece? Even if you knew you weren't going make Ryback a top star you could have made money on that for a short time!

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

oh i cant wait to hear the logic on this one...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

meh, i guess that didnt go over so bad. cena looks strong enough, lesnar keeps the strap. it makes rollins looks like a complete dolt though. why not just wait til cena won, then cash in on him? whatever.

Hammer, this isn't the football thread

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

yea i know i fucked up twice.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

3 times. and im not even drunk.

MLB ERA

I wonder how much of the main event had to be scrapped altogether or rewritten with the sudden loss of Roman Reigns. Some reports I read said 4-6 weeks wwe said months.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels