Page 14 of 267 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WWE/TNA/ROH Thread

I'm amazed that Michael's leg wasn't screwed up last night. That maneuver from the top rope on his leg in the chair looked pretty iffy to me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They do that all the time. Its an optical illusion. Its the same thing as taking the person's knee and wrapping it around the ring post. It will leave a mark, but it doesn't damage the leg, unless its done wrong.
    rf28

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    They do that all the time. Its an optical illusion. Its the same thing as taking the person's knee and wrapping it around the ring post. It will leave a mark, but it doesn't damage the leg, unless its done wrong.
    I know you're right but it really looked real as hell last night. You really wonder how theses guy don't get seriously hurt more often.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They're trained on how not to get hurt. I have a friend going through training right now.

The one thing that still gets me is them taking a chair to the head. That always looks like it hurts.
    rf28

They're trained on how not to get hurt. I have a friend going through training right now.

The one thing that still gets me is them taking a chair to the head. That always looks like it hurts.
    The chair thing is a good technique but yes, it looks like it hurts no matter what.

Frankly, although the results may be fixed and the matches choreographed, these guy are real good athletes but their bodies take a tremendous beating.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Alot of people discount how much they're on the road, too. 300 days out of 365 away from your family has to be hell.

Unlike baseball and professional sports, there is now offseason, these guys are out there at least 3-4 nights a week for the fans. Awesome stuff.

And an HBK update(Credit PWInsider.com)
    WWE did an injury angle with Shawn Michaels last night on Raw because he really is working with a sore knee. He is scheduled to undergo an MRI and may need to have arthroscopic surgery on the knee. The general feeling right now is that if he does need the scope, he will probably be our of action for a few weeks and would be back in time for the June 25 Vengeance PPV. Of course, that is all subject to change pending the MRI.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It would make sense that DX would re-form at Vengence.

It didn't seem like HBK was hurt, so it must be very minor.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Credit: WWE.com

"Shawn Michaels underwent an MRI today in San Antonio to learn the extent of the injuries to his leg. HBK's physician, Dr. Jacobs, claims that Michaels will need surgery. The only question is when. But at the very least, in the short term, Shawn Michaels will need some degree of convalescing."

I'm figuring the surgery will come after Summerslam, but he can take a few weeks off now in the build up to Vengeance, working as a referee or just in segments.

I got the idea this is an old injury and not one that happened on RAW this past Monday. Is that correct?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    I got the idea this is an old injury and not one that happened on RAW this past Monday. Is that correct?
    That is correct. They worked the injury angle from Monday to give a reason for him not to work.

Makes sense now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ah crap. HBK is the man. He'll rest up in order to participate at Vengence, which I've heard that the DX reunion will be HBK and Triple H vs. an TBD team. WWE have apparently talked to Road Dogg and Billy Gunn about a POSSIBLE return as the New Age Outlaws.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Ah crap. HBK is the man. He'll rest up in order to participate at Vengence, which I've heard that the DX reunion will be HBK and Triple H vs. an TBD team. WWE have apparently talked to Road Dogg and Billy Gunn about a POSSIBLE return as the New Age Outlaws.
    Didnt Billy Gunn or Road Dogg rip a new Arse hole in HHH since their departure from WWE? I mean one of them said HHH screwed Orton up with that short title reign.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It was Billy Gunn, who also felt that he was being held down by Triple H during his WWE run. Billy neglected to mention that he never got over as a singles competetor because he sucked in the ring.

I agree that Orton's title reign was somewhat sabatoged by Triple H. His desire to be the #1 heel forced Orton to turn face and basicly lose all his edge.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, and then Orton turned into a big time jerk backstage, especially to the ladies. That got him the indefinite suspension, which might end later on in June.
    rf28