View Poll Results: Most disliked manager?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dave Miley (Cincinnati Reds)

7 26.92%
  • Dusty Baker (Chicago Cubs)

12 46.15%
  • Ozzie Guillen (Chicago White Sox)

4 15.38%
  • Lloyd McClendon (Pittsburgh Pirates)

3 11.54%

Thread: Who is the most disliked manager by the team's fans?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who is the most disliked manager by the team's fans?

Voting is up for the next 5 days.

Poll idea was submited by Porter. If you want to submit a poll idea, post the question along with the possible choices in the Admin notification forum and I'll give it a look.

I say Guillen of those four. I like McClendon, Miley's not exactly smart but he's not really that hateable, and Baker kills his arms (although I read a book that claims that his method isn't really bad) and a bonehead, but I dislike Guillen more. Going through the media to confront players is a no go.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I like McClendon too, he's a good guy and everything and mega-entertaining.

But god damn does he need to learn to manage.

If I were a Cubs fan, the way Baker overuses those arms, I'd have probably killed myself by now.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Guillen actually goes to his players to talk shit. He went to the media in the case of Ordonez but not in the case of Frank Thomas. He went to Thomas first. The answer has to be Baker. Cubs fans blame him for everything including the Chicago Fire. Wood and Prior's injuries were somehow his fault and so is everything else. Only thing Baker should be blamed for is Game 6 in the 2003 NLCS.

DUSTY BAKER. YOU RUINED THE CUBS.

Ozzy Guillen? The White Sox fans love him. He is very annoying, doesn't go on with his business, but care about other teams' business. Trash talking about Maggs, even though he's no longer with the team. Complainging about parking at Mcdonalds, or whatever you can think. Just like the Sox fans, so I guess they love him. He is in the same class with the Sox players and Sox fans.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    I say Guillen of those four. I like McClendon, Miley's not exactly smart but he's not really that hateable, and Baker kills his arms (although I read a book that claims that his method isn't really bad) and a bonehead, but I dislike Guillen more. Going through the media to confront players is a no go.

Check out the Reds Forum on Miley. Hes treated worse than our 3 stooges in the M's thread.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Ozzie Guillen is simply a jackass. Never liked him as a player and I don't like him as a manager. This guy says lot of stupid things like ripping Magglio Ordonez, Carlos Lee, Ron Gardenhire, and Buck Showalter. Ozzie always loves to rip the Twins going back to last year and he has an issue with Gardenhire. He picks fights with Gardenhire and Showalter all the time. I think Ozzie should manage his team and stop picking fights with manager.

Ozzie is still chirping about the incident with Torii Hunter and Jamie Burke. If he was that upset about it, why didn't he tell his pitcher to throw at Torii's head last year. Then everything would be settled. You know Ron Gardenhire would have done the same thing if it was in reverse.

Something tells me the Twins/White Sox will be really ugly this year thanks to Ozzie Guillen. Both teams have hated each other since 2001, but it has never escalated into brawls. This year is going to be different.

Rookie ERA
    I love Ozzie. This guy gives the Sox a personality, which is nice for a change. I loved when he ripped Mags, cause Mags ripped him. Ozzie isnt a guy whose gonna BS you, he's going to tell you like it is. The team has responded, by playing the best baseball in the Majors. My vote is Baker, he screwed up the Cubs. They had a nice pitching staff, that always seems to be hurt now. Look at what happened last year, they had one of the best broadcasting teams around in Chip and Stoney, and got them fired for ripping players. Where are your priorities, when your worring about what the TV guys are saying.

AAA ERA
    has to be dave miley

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Check out the Reds Forum on Miley. Hes treated worse than our 3 stooges in the M's thread.
    Not by me. I put some blame on him, but the majority of it on Dan O'Brien, who is shown little understanding of how to run a MLB team.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.