View Poll Results: What would you do at the game Bond's hits 756 at?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheer to the point that you're nominated for president of Bonds' fan club.

7 16.67%
  • Politely clap, light cheering. This is a legendary record, it deserves respect from all fans.

16 38.10%
  • Stay silent, if you don't say anything, then you won't look like an ass in the future when we know.

9 21.43%
  • Boo to the point that you're arrested for harassment of Bonds at the game.

10 23.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Bonds hit 756 at your team's ballpark....

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If Bonds hit 756 at your team's ballpark....

I am sure this has been covered, but with Bonds in town for the much hyped Griffey-Bonds series, it's been on the mind as Bonds is now 4 away from the tie and 5 away from the record.

Also, do you think the timing of Bonds and the record matters to baseball. Since it might not be as celebrated as it would be if the circumstances/allegations were different, would it be helpful or harmful to have it before the All-Star Game? As it could either renew interest in the game, leading to an increased viewing of the ASG and more interest for the second-half, the trade deadline and and playoff chases... or it could hinder it with some folks at the same time. Or does it not matter at all (to getting people back into the game or out)?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: If Bonds hit 756 at your team's ballpark....

A record is a record. We still should respect the accomplishment. many players cheated and my thoughts now are so what! You still need the hand eye coordination to hit the ball. Hell I doubt many of us here can hit a 95 mph fastball.

If he is proven guilty then we * the record.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

It's still the biggest record of all time.

People root against there team to see perfect games, just because of the baseball majesty. This is no different.

MLB ERA

Boo him.

My moral values don't change for a record.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

I would have hired an airplane pilot in advance, ordering him to fly through the air writing out "MCKAIN LOVES BARRY" in smoke. I would press a button and fireworks were explode into the air in the shape of a heart. I would be beaten ruthlessly by everyone else.

MLB ERA

Ruth and Aaron both allegedly cheated, they get a free pass? While Bond's gets all kinds of shit?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    Ruth and Aaron both allegedly cheated, they get a free pass? While Bond's gets all kinds of shit?
    Allegedly is the key word there. Bonds admitted to using a substance which he didn't know what it was. Someone on this forum said that a while back. How can anyone take something that they don't know what it is? He must be really stupid.

I didn't watch Ruth or Aaron play but as far as I know they didn't used roids.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DravenX View Post
    Allegedly is the key word there. Bonds admitted to using a substance which he didn't know what it was. Someone on this forum said that a while back. How can anyone take something that they don't know what it is? He must be really stupid.
    So? He took it unknowingly, not on purpose, you cant give him the benefit of the doubt? And whoever that person is that said that is stupid, because we all have done things that we didn't have any intentions of doing.

Also Bonds hasn't failed any roid tests

I personally dont drink, but I have drinked unknowingly because my friend got me a coke from the bar, I was drinking it at the 1st gulp it didn't taste right, he told me a put a shot of Jack Daniels in it, so I can say I dont drink, but I cant say I havent drinked before.

I didn't watch Ruth or Aaron play but as far as I know they didn't used roids.
    Ruth used a cork bat and Aaron used speed.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I would politely clap for sure. It is a hard thing to pin down though until you are there and are in that moment. A few months ago I would have said I wanted to catch that baseball and sign an asterisk on it and throw it back on the field despite all the money that would have come to me.

But now, I simply have to keep the ball and make my money and still cheer the greatest player to ever play the game. I am so far passed all the steroid garbage. Let the HOF be the judge of that. He should get waht is coming to him. I believe a lot of his homeruns are from a monster he created within himself. But its beside the point. I have to thank him for his contributions. I now know he is not the creator of roids, and just followed the crowd to make himself better.

I will politely chher Bonds 756 HR.

MLB ERA

Boo him un-stop, boo the hell out of him.

MLB, Bud Selig, the Giants, ESPN, and whoever else cares, better damn hope the record is broken in San Fran.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God View Post
    Boo him un-stop, boo the hell out of him.

MLB, Bud Selig, the Giants, ESPN, and whoever else cares, better damn hope the record is broken in San Fran.
    Then you should be booing Benoit also and every single wrestler for taking roids right? But no you wont do that ofcourse not.........................

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I would politely clap for sure. It is a hard thing to pin down though until you are there and are in that moment. A few months ago I would have said I wanted to catch that baseball and sign an asterisk on it and throw it back on the field despite all the money that would have come to me.

But now, I simply have to keep the ball and make my money and still cheer the greatest player to ever play the game. I am so far passed all the steroid garbage. Let the HOF be the judge of that. He should get waht is coming to him. I believe a lot of his homeruns are from a monster he created within himself. But its beside the point. I have to thank him for his contributions. I now know he is not the creator of roids, and just followed the crowd to make himself better.

I will politely chher Bonds 756 HR.
    Bro, steriods dont tell help you in baseball, if they helped you hit homeruns then dont you think everyone would be roid and up and try out for a minor league ball club? Its a huge misconception. Also lets just throw roids out of the equation and look at other aspects of why players have gotten better, players have started to workout, watch what they eat, stay in shape, the ballparks these days are built for the hitters, the great american ball park, minute maid park, coors field, and ect are all hitter friendly ball parks, Curt Schilling resurected his career in AZ with help of technology, he watches every single hitter his tendency before every start, over and over again, I wouldn't be surprised that hitters did the same you know. Also another factor is that players are making way more money than the players in the past, with that money they can hire a personally trainer, personal chef that can cook your meals with proteins and vitamins and ect.

If you factor in all these variables then you will see that this era had the stadiums, workout regime, technology and money to its advantage.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Absolutely correct. Some say that the baseballs are harder these days as well and may have been juiced in the 1998 season for the mighty HR race. I agree with that completely. Players are getting much stronger without the use of steroids. Its a new generation of the ballplayer.

But if you say steroids do not help a player. Then why do players use them? (Not saying Bonds has because I know you don't think he did. But I am talking about the Palmeiro's of the world.)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Steroids do help you in baseball. They help you by allowing your body to recover a lot quicker from exercise (weight lifting, running, etc.) or playing in a game. Steroids would allow an older player to play at a higher level on a more consistent basis when he otherwise wouldn't be able to. They do not improve hand-eye coordination (hitting a baseball), but they do help in the way I described.

In the case of Bonds and McGwire (and similar players), they already hit a ton of homers before suspicion, but they would have still benefited in the manner I explained. Steroids would help lesser players hit more homers by allowing them to lift weights more often (their body being able to recover quicker) and get stronger as a result. Bonds and McGwire both did get bigger at some point and that really would explain how they were able to hit over 70 homers.

As I said both had already hit a ton of homers in their careers. One can't make the argument that steroids were the cause of the majority of their homers...the same idea about quicker recovery can be applied to Roger Clemens IMHO. Hopefully, we'll eventually know for sure one way or the other, but to say steroids can't help you in baseball is also misleading. It just doesn't directly help in the way many people say it does.

MLB ERA

Because players want to get big, its psychological, players think that if they big then hit homeruns, but its not true.

Point of using steriods is this, its for working out, if you want to get from point A to point C, you have to go through point B, but however with steriods it makes you from A to C, without going through B, now if you were working out withour roids, you would have to go through point B.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast