View Poll Results: What would you do at the game Bond's hits 756 at?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheer to the point that you're nominated for president of Bonds' fan club.

7 16.67%
  • Politely clap, light cheering. This is a legendary record, it deserves respect from all fans.

16 38.10%
  • Stay silent, if you don't say anything, then you won't look like an ass in the future when we know.

9 21.43%
  • Boo to the point that you're arrested for harassment of Bonds at the game.

10 23.81%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Bonds hit 756 at your team's ballpark....

In Black Amish We Trust
    Rookie ERA

Re: If Bonds hit 756 at your team's ballpark....

Politely clap, light cheer. Once he rounds the 1st base, start throwing syringes at his back.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Two homeruns needed to pass Aaron and he has two home games to do it - tonight Saturday and tomorrow Sunday - before the Giants embark on a six-game road trip in Los Angeles and then San Diego.

I foresee the Giants benching Bonds* on the road to avoid him passing Aaron in LA or SD, where he will most likely get showered with boos, obscenities, and various flying objects thrown at him. They will most likely pussy out, IMO.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

There is no shot Bonds will break the record on the road. If he doesn't hit it against Florida, Bruce Bochy will make up excuses for Bonds being injured so he can do it in front of his precious San Fran Fans.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

There's not a more perfect way for Bruce Bochy to stick it to San Diego by having Bonds break the record at Petco.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If Bonds hit 756 at Dodger Stadium, we might have to tear down the place, set it on fire, and never return there.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Two homeruns needed to pass Aaron and he has two home games to do it - tonight Saturday and tomorrow Sunday - before the Giants embark on a six-game road trip in Los Angeles and then San Diego.

I foresee the Giants benching Bonds* on the road to avoid him passing Aaron in LA or SD, where he will most likely get showered with boos, obscenities, and various flying objects thrown at him. They will most likely pussy out, IMO.
    Yeah definetly if Bonds doesn't hit it in SD or LA because he's doing it on purpose? Bonds always misses 1 game out of a road series, also its not like Bonds is on a tear hitting homeruns left and right, he's been avg about one HR a week for the last month or so, plus San Diego fans and Dodger fans dont deserve shit after the classless treatment Bonds, ****'em all, dont purposely hit it in those crap ass stadiums, hit it at home where you get respected, cherished, cheered, embraced, in stead of crapholes where you get booed, syringes and all kinds of crap thrown at him.

Rookie ERA

Sorry for bringing back an old forum...
    but about the steroids thing: Do you think some players used steroids honestly because they just wanted to heal quicker from injuries (Clemens, Pettite?)? If the drugs help you heal faster from injuries, why doesn't MLB just legalize the drug in the sport so all athletes can heal quicker and have a level playing field? Are these same drugs actually illegal in the country as a whole too? Do all of the steroid drugs have side affects that can be dangerous, or just a few of them?
    I know MLB doesn't want to ruin old records that were earned "the right way," but it seems like it is going to happen anyways.
    Now bare with me here; I know next to nothing about steroids, and all I know is that players use it to get stronger and "heal faster."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

To be brief,
    1. Yes, players took HGH to heal quicker from injury and from workouts. It allows your muscle to heal quicker.
    2. MLB is afraid to open that Pandora's box.
    3. These drugs are illegal without a legit prescription
    4. There have been no proven affects to steroids except shrunken testicles and hair loss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123