View Poll Results: Should the MLB follow suit with the NFL?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 50.00%
  • No

5 41.67%
  • Undecided

1 8.33%

Thread: Should MLB copy the NFL Rules on Alcohol?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Should MLB copy the NFL Rules on Alcohol?

Roger Lidell banned all Alcohol consumption in every team related function today. Currently MLB only has that ban in the Clubhouse. I commend the NFL to being proactive on this issue and personally I think all major or minor sports should follow this too.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Should MLB copy the NFL Rules on Alcohol?

MLB doesn't have a ban on drinks in the clubhouse. Only a certain few teams have it like the A's. Grown men should be able to drink after a game if they want to. I am an alcoholic but now I am a responsible one. Imagine winning the World Series and having to pour milk all over each other in the locker room.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

These are grown men who can make their own choices, not second graders the teachers need to keep an eye on using the plastic scissors. Some people will make poor life choices, but an alcoholic who is a player at a team function not drinking does not mean he will not be hitting the bottle at his next chance just that responsible players can not enjoy a beverage of their choosing with friends/teammates.

I hate to sound like a dick, but bad things happen, that doesn't mean the team is responsible or is forcing players to drink to lead them to that situation. Baseball has had beer in the clubhouse longer than Lynch has been alive () and being a legal beverage that players elect to drink as competent adults is again their choice.
    (And I believe reefer is correct, beer is still flowing in the large majority of MLB clubhouses.)

MLB ERA

I dont drink myself, I dont have a problem with anyone who drinks(Except for drunk guys who start to act stupid in front of me) but however I do understand where the NFL is comming from, so I do think MLB should copy the NFL, because IMO we are all grown men, and honestly I did not know that alcohol was distributed to athletes in the clubhouse before the Hancock incident, also IMO I dont think alcohol should be allowed at any locker room in any sport, because honestly its where athletes go to work, where they earn there paycheck, it should not be a place to consume alcohol, thats why they have bars, if athletes really have an urge to drink they definetly can go to bar.

And alcohol should only be permited into a lockeroom/clubhouse when they have a special party and when there teams win(Division title, playoff championship game/series)

MLB ERA

Hell no.

Grown men should not be told when they can and can not drink on their own time.

I completely understand banning from the clubhouse. That's essentially banning alcohol from the workplace, which makes perfect sense. (exceptions should be made for post game celebrations after winning the LCS or WS, though.)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000