View Poll Results: Which Team (GOOD or BAD)?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milwaukee Brewers (15-9)

3 15.00%
  • Atlanta Braves (15-9)

2 10.00%
  • Pittsburgh Pirates (12-13, which is good for them)

5 25.00%
  • New York Yankees (9-14)

8 40.00%
  • St Louis Cardinals (10-13)

2 10.00%

Thread: Biggest Surprise of the Season so far...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Biggest Surprise of the Season so far...

Which Team has been the surprise team of the season.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Re: Biggest Surprise of the Season so far...

Has to be the Yankees IMO.

The Cards were almost a .500 team last year who lost two major SPs and have a third one injured.

The Brewers were expected to be pretty good anyway.

Braves are justifiable, but they did improve in the offseason. As did the Pirates.

The Yankees are a huge surprise right now, specifically the lack of time their SP last in games.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA

Pirates

Some of their younger pitchers seem to have "jumped" a little faster than expected after their performance last year.

I can't choose the Cards because a slow start doesn't surprise me. They are typically finish well/get it done when it matters most. Same with the Yankees.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA

The Yankees are just awful. I don't like them anyways but it's still a surprise. The Braves should be doing good with the team they have anyway.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I didn't expect the Yankees to do that much but to be dead last is just nuts. The DRays aren't as bad as everyone thinks though.

MLB ERA

Pirates. How can you be surprised that the Brewers are doing that well when they were a division winner pick? Likewise with the Braves.

Yankees staff is old, and the Cardinals are aging and started slow.

Pirates were really an actual surprise, even though I thought they'd do well.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

That Pirates comment makes me laugh (12-13, which is good for them)...I don't know why but it does. Anyway the Yankees weren't supposed to be the Bad News Bears so I choose them.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Biggest Surprise of the Season so far...

Sorry Yankee fans, but the lack of any pitching right now is what hurting you. A-Rod is off to a hot start and they can't take advantage of it. But we all know the Yankees will right the ship one way or another. Wang and Mussina will help, at least in the short term, and Rivera will be just fine. But up to this point, lets go with the Yankees, But lets re-do this poll on a monthly basis and see what the forum thinks!!!

I picked the Pirates to be my darkhorse this year, so I had a hunch they would be at least competitive. So, I choose not to pick them.'

And for my beloved Brewers, we are winning the old-fashioned way. WITH PITCHING, who would of thought we would be saying that about the BrewCrew!! Plus, many so-called experts were jumping on the Brewer's bandwagon, so I guess they can NOT really be considered surprises. It is early, though. I am enjoying it right now, I don't get to see life at the top much!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I went with the Braves. They have flat out impressed me this season. Even without A. Jones having a good bat early in the season, they have played supreme baseball. Tim Hudson is a nutcase on the mound right now and the rest of the staff has followed suit. I fully expected the Mets to dominate this division, but the Braves have not let that happen so far.

Honorable mention goes to Mariano Rivera. ESPN has claimed it as the beginning of his demise. He has had a great career, but is he finally starting to lose it?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Biggest Surprise of the Season so far...

I have to agree with redsrbetter. The Braves are playing very, very well too!!

MLB ERA

How are the Braves a big surprise? Did you guys think the would flat out suck? I had no doubts about this start of theres. However they better do something about Mark Redman. He has yet to win a game.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."