Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Nats Blurbs

The Nats were denied in their bid to get a new stadium today.

Oh wait, that was a sim league.

Err...Bowden got a DUI.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Nick Johnson finished 4-for-4 with two homers, a double and a walk Thursday night in the Nationals' 10-4 win in Philadelphia.
    Johnson is now batting third, which is where he should have hit all along. He should be the Nationals' best player for as long as he's healthy. He's hitting .400/.529/.745 right now

Well, that Vazquez trade worked wonders for the Yankees...well, it eventually turned into Randy Johnson, but still, I am very happy Nicky J is in DC instead of NY
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

I was always a Nick Johnson fan, but his injuries were a pain in the ass. I miss him, but not as much as I miss Dioneer Navarro.

MLB ERA
    Nick Johnson would be helping the Yankees more than Navarro right now. Instead of Bernie DHing (lol Bernie), Giambi could and Nicky'd play first and their offense would be even more filthy.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    Nick Johnson finished 4-for-4 with two homers, a double and a walk Thursday night in the Nationals' 10-4 win in Philadelphia.
    Johnson is now batting third, which is where he should have hit all along. He should be the Nationals' best player for as long as he's healthy. He's hitting .400/.529/.745 right now
    I wonder who said the same thing?

Ramon Ortiz is going to have his start pushed back until Thursday after tonight's game was rained out.
    Ortiz, who has a 7.31 ERA but has turned in back-to-back respectable outings, was upset to learn he was being passed over. "I'm not happy about that. I know it's [manager Frank Robinson's] decision, but I'm not happy," Ortiz said. "I don't like that, because I'm not a rookie." Tony Armas Jr. will start on Sunday night.

Robert Fick, on a rehab assignment with Double-A Harrisburg as he recovers from elbow surgery, went 2-for-6 while catching one game and DHing the other in Sunday's doubleheader.
    He also walked once. Fick can spend another two weeks in the minors, but the Nationals could choose to bring him back early if he's productive. He's 5-for-20 with a double so far.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Breaking News: Livan Hernandez blows.

In other news: RFK Stadium blows too.
    rf28

Nationals manager Frank Robinson has Royce Clayton batting second against a lefty tonight.
    As long as it only happens against southpaws, it won't be especially harmful. Still, it means that Nick Johnson is back batting fifth, even though he has a .476 OBP in limited action versus southpaws this year

John Patterson will miss his next scheduled start because of a strained flexor muscle in his right forearm.
    He's only expected to miss the one start, but since the problem has been bothering him for several weeks, maybe the Nationals should give him more than just a few days off. Unannounced was who would pitch in Patterson's place on Thursday. Triple-A New Orleans' Steve Watkins may be the choice.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    And he was still leading in K's with an injury!

Ramon Ortiz surrendered five runs -- four earned -- in 6 2/3 innings against the Reds on Wednesday to fall to 0-3 on the season.
    Ortiz gave up seven hits and walked three while striking out six. Two of the three walks were intentional and he entered the game with just two strikeouts in 16 innings this season, so this qualifies as some sort of improvement. It's still safe to ignore him in all formats

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Is Jim Bowden still drunk? He just claimed Zach Day off waivers from the Rockies.

Yo, you guys HAD HIM BEFORE AND TRADED HIM BECAUSE HE SUCKS.

Jon Rauch turned in a four-strikeout eighth inning Thursday against the Reds.
    Rauch fanned David Ross, Bronson Arroyo, Felipe Lopez (who reached on a third-strike wild pitch) and Adam Dunn. Rauch has a 1.35 ERA and 14 strikeouts in 13 1/3 innings of relief this season. He might be a candidate for the rotation at some point

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast