Thread: Guillen probable for start of regular season

Nationals Guillen probable for start of regular season

Jose Guillen worked in the batting cage yesterday and went all out without feeling any pain in his surgically repaired left shoulder.
    Guillen is sounding quite a bit more optimistic now than he did a month ago. He said that he expects that he'll take live batting practice in two weeks and he'll be ready to play in spring games beginning on March 15. "I'm looking pretty good. I'm way ahead of schedule," Guillen said. "I'm the one that is going to have to control myself and know how I feel. It has been great progress."

Good news for the Nats, as their lack of OF depth would be exposed if Guillen were to miss time.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Good to see Guillen is going to be ready. The Nationals don't have to aquiesce to the demands of Sammy Sosa, nor do they have to deal with the specter of Daryle Ward possibly playing right field for the first few weeks of the season. The Nationals will be happy to have Guillen starting in the middle of their lineup during the beginning of the season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Why would they play Ward over guys like Michael Tucker or hell even Marlon Anderson who can actually play RF?

Another guy on my fantasy team who might be hurt! Woohoo!
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.