Johnson exits with bruised heel
First baseman listed as day-to-day; X-rays negative

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/...=.jsp&c_id=was
WASHINGTON -- First baseman Nick Johnson left Saturday's game against the Phillies with a contusion in his right heel and a tight right hamstring. He is listed as day-to-day.
In the bottom of the second inning, with runners on first and second and two outs, Johnson hit a slow roller toward the third-base side of the infield. Left-hander Eude Brito grabbed the ball and nipped Johnson at first base for the third out of the inning.

After he touched the bag, Johnson limped down the right-field line. He remained in the game for another inning and a half before being replaced by Rick Short.

"I'll get some treatment," said Johnson. "I'm walking around a lot better than I did the last time it happened."

X-rays on the heel were negative, and Johnson said that he felt some tingling in the hamstring but that it went away after he left the game.

Johnson has had problems with the heel since June 26, when he suffered a deep bone bruise. The injury landed him on the disabled list a week later. He missed a month of action.

"The doctor said it will be a couple of days, but I feel it will be a little longer than that," said manager Frank Robinson. "It's the same heel, same type of injury. I hope that he's able to go in a couple of days, but I don't see it."

With Johnson out, outfielder Brad Wilkerson most likely will take over at first base.