Thread: Baker isn't going to Washington either.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Baker isn't going to Washington either.

Baker knocks down D.C. rumor

By Paul Sullivan
    Tribune staff reporter

August 6, 2005, 9:37 PM CDT

NEW YORK -- Another day, another rumor for Dusty Baker to deny about where he will manage next season.

This time the destination was Washington, where current manager Frank Robinson has no intention of leaving.

The Washington Times reported Saturday that Baker "has told associates he would like to come to Washington, professing his fondness for the city and believes it would be [a friendlier] confine than Chicago."

Robinson, who turns 70 on Aug. 31, told the Times he wants to manage "next year and maybe for three or four more." But the report speculated Robinson would move up to the general manager's seat, replacing Jim Bowden, while Baker would become manager of the Nationals.

"They're going to throw Bowden out after the job he's doing?" Baker said, laughing off the rumor. "You have to be kidding."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ck=1&cset=true

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    This is weird. Baker seems like the new commodity of available managers. I don't think I would want him on with the Reds. I think Washington would be lucky not to have him.