Thread: Zimmerman hits DL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nationals Zimmerman hits DL

Ryan Zimmerman (abdominal strain) will be placed on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday.
    Zimmerman originally suffered the injury during spring training and he aggravated it Saturday when he slid into second base. The Nats are hoping that he will be back in two weeks, but they can't say for sure. It's a major blow to the club and painful news for fantasy owners. Zim was sporting a 1.022 OPS, a home run, four RBI and seven walks through 37 plate appearances.
    Yet another abdominal/oblique injury. These are becoming more and more of a problem and you have to question why? There has to be a way of working these muscles out and strengthening them in a better manner. The Nationals are off to a 4-5 start so this injury definitely hurts. I wonder if Werth will stay in the #2 hole or not.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Zimmerman hits DL

Ryan Zimmerman is expected to miss six weeks of action after undergoing surgery to repair a tear of the rectus muscle in his abdomen.
    Well, that's a little better than the earlier report from FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal that said Zimmerman would be out until the All-Star break after sports hernia surgery. Still, it's awful news for the Nationals and for fantasy owners of Zimmerman. Alex Cora, Jerry Hairston and possibly Mike Morse, will receive the bulk of the playing time at third base while Zimmerman is out.
    Damn! I thought this year would be a major step forward for the Nationals standings-wise but this really hurts the chances of that happening.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Ryan will be back very soon and I am hoping for a big boost in the offense which has not shown much at all.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Zimmerman was activated today and I wonder if Werth will continue to bat leadoff. The Nats have desperately missed his presence in the lineup.