View Poll Results: Jonathan Albaladejo for Tyler Clippard, huzzzzah!

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st

0 0%
  • 2nd

0 0%
  • 3rd

0 0%
  • 4th

4 100.00%
  • 5th

0 0%

Thread: Where will the Nationals finish in 2011?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nationals Where will the Nationals finish in 2011?

Bryce Harper will start his climb in the minors. Strasburg continues his recovery from Tommy John. Adam Dunn will be mashing homeruns in Chicago, and Willingham looks to help make the A's a playoff contender. All of that, makes you doubt the franchise more and more. But give them credit for trying to build within (Lannan, Zimmerman Squared, Storen, Bernandina, Desmond, Espinosa, attempting to make a splash in free agency every year (Werth), and giving new life to veterans we thought were done (Livan Hernandez). The biggest question is, can Werth be good without the likes of Utley, Rollins, and Howard? On paper, you think, he's a much more versatile and complete player than Dunn, in that he doesn't hinder the defense and actually provides you a good glove and speed on the base paths. Can people get on base for him? You never know what you're going to get with Nyjer Morgan. He's crazy like a Mike Tyson or a Manny Ramirez, he just was never as talented. Hammerin' Mike Morse is having another great spring, so can he actually carry it over to a regular season? The middle of the infield has to do better than a .300 OBP. But Ryan Zimmerman is still around.

And so is Tyler Clippard. The pen could be really solid, perhaps underrated, especially if they get anything out of Todd Coffey. Marquis will be scary (if you're a Nats fan, awesome if you're the opponent) and you doubt that Hernandez can be really solid again, thus a lot more pressure on Jordan Zimmerman, Gorzelanny, and Lannan.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Where will the Nationals finish in 2011?

Worth pointing out that the Nats replaced Dunn at first base with another human windmill named Adam.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Potential truth to the rumor that he uses Andy as a bat weight

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I have the Nats finishing 4th. I like the additions the Nats made. LaRoche is a definite upgrade on defense and he can hit for power as well. Werth of course was the big splash and should be a good cleanup guy for the Nats. He can play GG defense and can even steal a base when needed. Gorzelanny should help the rotation if he pitches like he did last year. Marquis is having a great spring so he should have a much better season than last year's, plus he's healthy. Danny Espinosa is a guy I'm looking forward to seeing play second base. He's got speed and power and should be fun to watch.

1. Espinosa
    2. Desmond
    3. Zimmerman
    4. Werth
    5. LaRoche
    6. Morse
    7. Pudge
    8. Morgan

That makes for a pretty damn solid lineup!

Banned
    Rookie ERA

Just like George and Weezie did I am predicting the Nats to be moving on up. At least to 4th place that is.