Thread: Nationals Sign Hairston Jr., Coffey

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nationals Nationals Sign Hairston Jr., Coffey

Bill Ladson of MLB.com reports that Jerry Hairston Jr. has agreed to terms with the Nationals.
    Hairston has already passed a physical. According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, he has agreed to a one-year, $2 million contract with another $1 million in potential incentives. Hairston, who turns 35 in May, batted .244/.299/.353 with 10 home runs and 50 RBI with the Padres last season before he went on the disabled list with a fractured tibia in September. He should be a useful utility player for the Nats.

According to Bill Ladson of MLB.com, the Nationals have agreed to a contract with Todd Coffey, pending a physical.
    As expected. Coffey, 30, was non-tendered in December after posting a mediocre 4.76 ERA and 1.41 WHIP over 62 1/3 innings with the Brewers last season, but he has the reputation as a solid middle relief option.
    I like the moves for the Nats. Hairston is going to be a good utility guy and Coffey is a better pitcher than his numbers showed last year. Coffey is always good for a chuckle when he runs from the pen to the mound. Hairston provides depth pretty much everywhere except catcher, pitcher and first base. As long as Matt Stairs get his shot, good moves.

MLB ERA

Re: Nationals Sign Hairston Jr., Coffey

So I thought they fired Bowden. 2 more former Reds. When does the official name change to Nati Nals take effect?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes