Thread: Team President To Step Down

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nationals Team President To Step Down

Nationals president Stan Kasten will resign after the 2010 season, according to SI.com's Jon Heyman.
    Odd timing. Kasten has played a major role in the Nationals' past few drafts -- which have netted guys like Stephen Strasburg, Drew Storen and Bryce Harper -- and it seems weird that he would call it quits with so much promising talent working its way through the farm system. Perhaps there are philosophical differences inside the Washington front office
    Something fishy is going on with this story. Why would anyone want to leave when this franchise is finally on the right track. I think its more than a philosophical difference like the article suggests. I will be interested in seeing who takes the reigns and keeps this franchise going in the right direction.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Team President To Step Down

I'd say a part-ownership with Magic and the Guggenheims worked out well for Kasten.

Yeah, the Nats are a better team, but he's a smart Jew who learned a long time ago that it's not all about wins and losses.

Rookie ERA

Re: Team President To Step Down

Could be something that has nothing to do with baseball, like a health problem.