Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adam Dunn likely headed for free agency

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Adam Dunn likely headed for free agency

Dunn could have accepted which was the Reds fear. Everyone knew he wasn't going to get the money he wanted and he would have had time to figure that out before the arbitration deadline ended. You're right about Votto, my bad. You're wrong about Dunn having to accept arbitration before free agency. The arbitration deadline is Dec 7th.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Dunn could have accepted which was the Reds fear. Everyone knew he wasn't going to get the money he wanted and he would have had time to figure that out before the arbitration deadline ended. You're right about Votto, my bad. You're wrong about Dunn having to accept arbitration before free agency. The arbitration deadline is Dec 7th.
    Whats the start of Free Agency? Also you have to take into account some of Dunn's comments about certain media members in Cincy and wanting to be done with it. Even if it meant he took less money from Washington the odds he resigned with Cincy were slim to none and slim just checked out.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Free agency start in mid-November and it all comes down to money. Dunn could have made comments but if he could have gotten $3 milliomn more by accepting arbitration, he would have stayed in the friendly confines of GABP and driven up his free agent price some more.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Nationals have had a three-year offer for Adam Dunn on the table for months, according to Bill Ladson of MLB.com.
    Dunn wants a four-year deal, but the Nationals reportedly are unwilling to go beyond three years. Ladson reports that a "person familiar with Dunn's thinking believes it's less than 50-50" he returns to Washington. The Cubs and Tigers are two teams that have been mentioned as possible landing spots. Carlos Pena, Aubrey Huff and Adam LaRoche are among the options for the Nats to replace Dunn.
    If I'm Mike Rizzo, I think this is the best you can do with Dunn and I would move all my attention to Pena. Pena plays great defense and might fare better in the NL East and possibly raise that average above .200.

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

I think the Cubs are the leading team to get Dunn for 2011.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123