Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Dunn likely headed for free agency

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Adam Dunn likely headed for free agency

Arbitration could be an option now it seems.
    Nationals Unlikely To Re-Sign Dunn?: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nats are definitely going to offer arbitration so they can get those draft picks. Carlos Pena is an interesting option at first next year for the Nats. Definitely would help the infield defense.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

See we've gone from not gonna sign, should sign, looks like he'll sign, and now at arbitration to be offered.

Dunn's been on some trip down this road.

MLB ERA

The Reds made a HUGE mistake by not offering arby and traded him to Arizona for scraps. I believe the time frame would have meant that Dunn would have had to decline before FA even approached he wouldnt have had the chance to see the lack of a market.

He is one of the most over analyzed players in baseball. He is going to give you 150+ games, 40 HRs, 100 RBIs. He is also going to give you 150-180 ks. He's not going to accept arby and wait another year to try and get a big pay day.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Dunn should finish his career in the American league hitting home runs as a DH.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    Dunn should finish his career in the American league hitting home runs as a DH.
    Yea he should, but I'm pretty sure he's said multiple times he doesn't want to DH.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy Bastard View Post
    Yea he should, but I'm pretty sure he's said multiple times he doesn't want to DH.
    Which in my opinion will shorten his career. His body cannot keep up with playing in the field at 1B or the Outfield for many more years.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dunn can say what he wants but if he wants to get paid, he will do what teams tell him to do.

Rookie ERA
    Well yea. I'm just saying what I've read. I have a feeling he's Chicago bound.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If that's true, prepare to see Aramis's error total to go back to the pre-Derrek Lee days. The infield defense as a whole will suffer. I'd love to see Big Z try to call him out.

Rookie ERA
    I'm sure it will. It's not easy to replace DLee's defense. Dude scooped up everything.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    The Reds made a HUGE mistake by not offering arby and traded him to Arizona for scraps. I believe the time frame would have meant that Dunn would have had to decline before FA even approached he wouldnt have had the chance to see the lack of a market.

He is one of the most over analyzed players in baseball. He is going to give you 150+ games, 40 HRs, 100 RBIs. He is also going to give you 150-180 ks. He's not going to accept arby and wait another year to try and get a big pay day.
    It was a mistake, I am a huge Dunn fan as most know. But it was also pretty smart as they were able to avoid the media and fan outcry/drama had they kept him, as there would have been an expectation/hope they should resign him. By trading him, they put themselves out of that conversation and didn't end up looking cheap or stupid for letting him go.

Plus, people back then were desperate enough to believe Micah Owings could be a legit 3-4 starter.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    It was a mistake, I am a huge Dunn fan as most know. But it was also pretty smart as they were able to avoid the media and fan outcry/drama had they kept him, as there would have been an expectation/hope they should resign him. By trading him, they put themselves out of that conversation and didn't end up looking cheap or stupid for letting him go.

Plus, people back then were desperate enough to believe Micah Owings could be a legit 3-4 starter.
    If the Front Office was afraid of the outcry of losing Dunn then they shouldnt be there for all intense and purposes. Teams make that decision all the time. Said it then and will say it again instead of getting someone that might have value we got a catcher who can't catch (or stay healthy), a pitcher that can't pitch, and a lottery ticket. Looking at the successes recently from the farm I would have rather taken my chances with the two draft picks.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I don't think the Reds made a mistake at all. The Reds didn't want to take the chance of Dunn accepting arbitration which would have hurt the Reds payroll. Plus it would have blocked Votto another year. Looks like it is all paying off now with Dunn out of the picture.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I don't think the Reds made a mistake at all. The Reds didn't want to take the chance of Dunn accepting arbitration which would have hurt the Reds payroll. Plus it would have blocked Votto another year. Looks like it is all paying off now with Dunn out of the picture.
    He wouldnt have accepted. He would have had to accept BEFORE Free Agency started and according to those news clips Ive heard he was tired of Cincy and long past tired. He would NOT have accepted possibility to bypass a chance at free agency. Plus it wouldnt have affected Votto as Votto played 1b in Dunn's last year.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast