Thread: Well, it's midnight...

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Well, it's midnight...

...and it looks like Bryce Harper is going to sign with the Nationals after all.

Couple of sources here: first, his college coach.
    Bryce Harper, the No. 1 overall selection in the 2010 MLB Draft, "will sign" with the Washington Nationals, his college coach Tim Chambers told FanHouse less than an hour before a deal must be completed.
    And former Nats GM and current satellite radio host Jim Bowden! Per Twitter:
    Bryce Harper deal is for approximatley 6.5m....not 10m...waiting on confirmation from both sides
    If $6.5 million is the case, good job for the Nats. Now, Mr. Harper, my advice to you is: shut up and play.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Well, it's midnight...

And leave The Program/Any Given Sunday use of eye black in the dug out.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hey, Washington should draft someone next season that signs before the 11th hour, just to change things up a bit.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reports that No. 1 overall pick Bryce Harper will receive $9.9 million guaranteed over five years as part of a major league contract with the Nationals.
    We've arrived at the final tally. $6.25 million of the guaranteed money is the signing bonus. The 17-year-old has a chance at additional roster bonuses should he be with the major league club in 2014 and 2015.
    Glad the Nationals got this done as this organization keeps going in the right direction and will be playing good baseball before people expect. It will be an interesting offseason season for them with Dunn possibly leaving and their public desire of getting Carl Crawford.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Good for the Nats, not surprising for Boras/Harper to sign in the end. Boras hasn't given us a high profile player to go unsigned in awhile (like top 5 pick.) Lots of threats though.