Thread: Strasburg the Hypocrit?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Attention! Strasburg the Hypocrit?

That's cool and all to call out Bryce Harper, but I seem to recall Strasburg not signing until the 11th hour. Of course, Strasburg had far more hype, potential, and the propensity to have a greater immediate impact on the sport, but he still didn't jump on the wagon right away either. Fair or foul?

At the same time, I don't think Strasburg threatened to go back and play for a junior college and lead them to a title, so maybe he's got a point..

Stephen Strasburg to Bryce Harper: Sign if you want to play - ESPN

"If [Harper] wants to play here, he's going to play here," Strasburg said Sunday, after pitching five innings in the Nationals' win over Arizona. "He doesn't need advice from anybody to convince him otherwise. If he doesn't want to play here, then we don't want him here."
    MLB -- State of the negotiations between No. 1 overall draft pick Bryce Harper and the Washington Nationals - ESPN
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Strasburg the Hypocrit?

I don't think he is a hypocrite for saying what he did. Sure he (Boras) went to the 11th hour but he is just saying Harper doesn't need any advice from anyone. If he wants to be a professional ballplayer, he'll get Boras to do whatever it takes just like Stras did.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Strasburg the Hypocrit?

The Harper magic is already starting to show. This guy makes enemies wherever he goes, I just think he can't help it. Threatening to go back to college as early as he did, did him no favors. I imagine he signs, but he isn't handling it with the kind of tact necessary.