Thread: The Nats Have A Chance

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nationals The Nats Have A Chance

Teixeira interested in playing for Nats | MLB.com: News

Only question is, can Bowden pull this off? The Nats will have to fork over a lot of freaking cash to lure him away from the Angels and Red Sox but the Nats need to do it. They are in a new ballpark and have no true face of the franchise. Zimmerman has been good but not great so he's no real marketable option for the Nationals. Plus for some reason, the Nats are hesitant to give Zimmerman a long term deal. Teixeira would be that marquee player that fans would want to see. Signing him will allow the Nats to try and trade Nick Johnson who has been a huge disappointment. The Nationals have some good players coming up through the system and having Teixiera locked up would help ensure winning seasons are on the horizon. Bowden needs to do this deal but I just don; see it happening. The only way I see it happening is if Bowden is crazy enough to give Teixeira the 10 year deal he desires.

MLB ERA

Re: The Nats Have A Chance

The money won't be a problem for Bowden and the Nats....it's a matter of how interested Texiera REALLY is in playing for the Nationals. I don't see it happening.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: The Nats Have A Chance

With the Angels saying that they will not give Teixeira the 10 year deal he craves, the Nats chances just got a little better.