Thread: Nats renew Zimmerman's contract

Nationals Nats renew Zimmerman's contract

The Nationals renewed the contract of third baseman Ryan Zimmerman on Saturday. He will make $465,000 for the 2008 season.

General manager Jim Bowden reiterated that both parties are on good terms and are willing to negotiate a multiyear deal. Vowing not to break the bank, the Nationals are willing to give Zimmerman a contract that is similar to Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, who signed a six-year, $31 million contract on Jan. 23. Sources have indicated that Zimmerman wants a bigger deal.

"We are going forward to get a multiyear deal done," Bowden said. "I'm very hopeful that it does take place at some point. We want Ryan to start and finish his career as a National. As I told him yesterday, 'I look forward to the day that number 11 is hanging on the outfield wall' -- the first Washington National to retire in 20 years."

In 2007, Zimmerman hit .266 with 24 home runs and 91 RBIs. It marked the second-consecutive season in which he drove in 90 or more runs.

In March of 2007, the Nationals renewed Zimmerman's contract for $400,000. Zimmerman is arbitration-eligible after the '08 season and can file for free agency three years after that.
    MLB.com

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Nats renew Zimmerman's contract

Congrats to the Nationals and Zimmerman.

He is another up and comer. I love all of this young talent that MLB has. The future looks bright for the future and hopefully will restore some of its glory!!

MLB ERA

Re: Nats renew Zimmerman's contract

Why do I see the next GM of the Nats having a hard time keeping Zimmerman after this... and/or he gets some outrageous deal from the arbitor.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

They really need to find a middle ground to keep him happy, hes an awesome young player and is becoming the face of the Nationals.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

think he is already the face of the Nats, just like some other guy in Milwaukee, named Fielder.