Thread: Nats Sign Estrada

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nats Sign Estrada

MLB.com reports that the Nationals and Johnny Estrada have agreed to terms on a one-year contract worth $1.25 million.
    Estrada was reportedly close to signing with the Pirates, where he would have competed with Ronny Paulino for at-bats, so joining the Nationals suggests that Paul Lo Duca's knee injury may be a bigger concern than initially expected. Lo Duca is said to be on track for a 4-6 week recovery after signing a one-year deal of his own earlier this month, which would leave two veteran starting catchers fighting for playing time in Washington. Estrada's arrival is a big blow to Lo Duca's already limited fantasy value and signals that Jesus Flores could be headed to the minors.
    So now the Nats have two catchers with injury problems. Estrada is coming off knee and elbow surgery if I'm not mistaken. What happens when both are healthy? They already have Johnson and Young at first and have created another logjam. I guess this gives them options at the trade deadline.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: Nats Sign Estrada

Good for the Nats.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

To quote my buddy ljshorty, "what's with the nationals taking all the mets' shitty catchers?"
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Hope Estrada does not try to punch out his manager this year.

But in Yost's case, he should have done a better job. Hell, there were so many times in the past 2 years that I wanted to throw a punch or 7 at Yost.