Nationals.com

VIERA, Fla. -- Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman and his agent, Brodie Van Wagenen, met with general manager Jim Bowden and team president Stan Kasten at 10 a.m. ET on Sunday to talk about a contract, but nothing was resolved, according to Zimmerman.

The meeting was cordial and it lasted about an hour. Zimmerman said the talks were mainly about a one-year deal, not a multiyear deal that has been widely reported.

Zimmerman has less than three years of service time and the Nationals can automatically renew his contract before the March 11 deadline, but Zimmerman feels a deal will get done.

"We are just worried about the one-year now -- regular contract things like that," Zimmerman said. "We haven't done any specific stuff. Nothing bad is going on. There aren't any arguments. We had a good talk. Everything is good and positive. We are not going to decide on anything in one day."

Van Wagenen said the talks went well, but wouldn't go into specifics.

"I was in town and it was good to see Stan, Jim and [assistant general manager] Mike Rizzo," Van Wagenen said.

The two parties are not expected to meet Monday.

Bowden and Kasten were seen on the Space Coast Stadium field shortly after the meeting, but didn't comment on Zimmerman's situation.

Zimmerman is coming off a rookie season in which he hit .287 with 20 home runs and 110 RBIs.

Fielding miscues: The Nationals made five errors in the first two games, but Acta was not concerned because they were not made by the regular position players such as Zimmerman, Austin Kearns and Nook Logan.

D'Angelo Jimenez made two errors, and Tony Womack, Melvin Dorta and Jesus Flores made an error apiece.

"I'll be worried when Zimmerman and [Felipe] Lopez start kicking balls around," Acta said.

Don't forget Billy: Lost in Saturday's game was the fact that left-hander Billy Traber held the Orioles scoreless for 2 2/3 innings. Like many of the pitchers in camp, Traber is battling for a spot in the rotation.

Traber wasn't slated to pitch in the game, but he was summoned after Joel Hanrahan had a tough time getting hitters out in one-third of an inning.

"I tried to throw strikes and make them hit it," Traber said. "That's something I've been trying to do my whole career."

On the mound: Right-hander Jason Simontacchi started on Sunday against the Dodgers, and he gave up two runs in three innings against the Dodgers. The two runs were scored in the third inning. The good news is that he didn't have any problem with his right shoulder, which has bothered him the last two years.

Injury report: Travis Lee, who has missed the first four games because of a strained right oblique, is expected to play in the team's Minor League accelerated game Monday.

Lee is battling Larry Broadway and Dmitri Young to be the starting first baseman.

Early start at the top: Acta said he would like to put Logan at the top of the batting order by the second half of the season, but the skipper made Logan the leadoff hitter Sunday. Logan went hitless in two at-bats, but he walked twice.

Stats of the day: Zimmerman had another two hits, and he is now 6-for-8 (.750) with one home run and three RBIs.

Did you know? Lopez started his career with the Blue Jays. He made his Major League debut with them in 2001.

Coming up: The Nationals travel to Orlando on Monday at 1:05 p.m. ET to face the Braves for the first time this spring. Washington right-hander Jerome Williams will face Atlanta righty Lance Cormier. Righty Tim Redding also is expected to pitch in the game for the Nationals.