Thread: Soriano goes 40/40

Soriano goes 40/40

Yeah, I was totally wrong about him.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Who would of ever thought that Soriano could post a .617 SLG% at RFK. And even though his BB totals are inflated with the large amount of intentional BB's he has seen, it is a bit odd to see his OBP so high this year and his BB/PA at .092 (which is close to double his career high.)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As I have said, if Bowden was drunk when he made the trade for Soriano in exchange for overrated Wilkerson and the Sledge, I want what he was having. I'm surprised that Rangers GM John Daniels hasn't gotten any heat for the trade.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If Soriano could pitch, he'd get heat.
    All these numbers, they're just to smite everything McKain said after the deal happened. From now on, trash every move Washington makes, McKain.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    As I have said, if Bowden was drunk when he made the trade for Soriano in exchange for overrated Wilkerson and the Sledge, I want what he was having. I'm surprised that Rangers GM John Daniels hasn't gotten any heat for the trade.
    Some trades work out and some don't. This one has just so far gone completely against the Rangers. Wilkerson was supposed to be the leadoff hitter who could draw 90-100 walks a year and hit 20 or so homeruns. He wound up being hurt. I'm pretty salary was an issue with Soriano which is part of why they did the trade, and they had Kinsler coming up and don't think Soriano was receptive to an idea of moving to the outfield. It seemed like a logical trade at the time. If Wilkerson doesn't come back healthy next year and produce, I imagine Daniels might start taking some heat.

Anyway, of all the 40-40 guys Soriano has hit more homeruns in his 40-40 season than any of them. Canseco, Bonds, and A-Rod each hit 42 and Soriano is at 46 right now.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He should push for a 50/50
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    He should push for a 50/50
    I don't think he'll get 10 more steals this year, but that would sure be awesome if he did. He shouldn't have much trouble hitting 4 more homers.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Washington's got nothing to lose, Robinson should let him do whatever.
    Ted

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Soriano's at 45 HR, not 46.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oooooh snapt.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    I thought I saw on ESPN he had 46. Well, whatever.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I predicted that he would do well in the overrated RFK but not this ****ing good! The guy is a linedrive hitter and guys like him can hit them out of any park. I think we were all a little quick to judge RFK especially after one season.

MLB ERA
    Zito - Robinson IS letting Soriano do whatever he wants. That's why he's got like 40 steals but 20 caught stealings.

Soriano way exceeded expectations, but it's all for naught for the Nats since he won't sign with them and now we'll be getting 2 picks.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Congrats to Soriono. Belated, but still a congrats.

Alfonso Soriano doubled off Mets starter Orlando Hernandez on Friday, giving him 40 on the season and making him the first 40-40-40 player in the game's history.
    Soriano hit his 40th homer back in August and added his 40th stolen base last week, so the double was the last piece of the puzzle. He also added yet another steal after being hit by a pitch in the third inning. Shortstop Felipe Lopez also added a steal in the contest, giving him 40 on the season. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, that makes Lopez and Soriano the first teammates to steal 40 bases in a season since Chad Curtis and Luis Polonia did for the Angels and Delino DeShields and Marquis Grissom for the Expos in 1993. That Lopez stole 23 of those bases with the Reds apparently isn't part of the equation.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic