Thread: Shall we file a missing persons report?

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Baseball Slant Shall we file a missing persons report?

I hope Nick is ok...

Where are we at twith this league?

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Shall we file a missing persons report?

Nick sent me this last week. And he says he is actually doing good, a lot better than he was.

Anyway I haven't been on the boards at all lately, though truthfully I haven't even watched a baseball game from start to finish or even more than 3 innings in a sitting for about 3 months now either. Trying my hardest to not sound like a self-centered jerkoff snob who just got laid for the first time or got their first job, or something like that here-- I guess I really just have a lot of crap going on and can't concentrate enough to be an active poser on the site right now, let alone handle running a new (or old) sim league like I kept saying I intended to. I really had fun running TPSL, but I think I'm realizing it was more for my personal gain probably than anything else a lot of the time-- it helped fill the days and weeks and months when I really didn't have a lot to do. I had a lot of time to handle the league and run it the way I wanted to, and it seemed like a lot of people really enjoyed it for a good chunk of time. As activity died down and people lost interest, I lost interest as well I guess. It's like, it's hard to play Monopoly with only two people. This was no different than that to me. Constantly building the league back up and replacing people each season, having open teams anyway, and then having to impliment stupid rules/ideas and contests like that dumb activity thing I did, just to keep things fresh... it just kinda got tapped out finally. I wanted to finish the final season and intended to, but not like this and at this point there's been such a lull period, it wouldn't feel right... I know a few of you guys put a lot of work into your teams and it was finally paying off this year, but simming out at this point just to produce a fianl winner, it'd be like how Leo won the last TSSL title since no one else was even paying attention (no offense meant there). I know a lot of this doesn't need to be said and it is/was just a sim league, but I appreciate what a lot of you guys put into it, with a big thanks to Cory Zito who helped a lot down the stretch and probably kept it running as a result longer than it would have otherwise. Maybe next spring if things are different, I'll give it a go again closer to the regular baseball season. I'll still be around either way I hope. See you guys soon, hope the world series isn't smelly like cheese.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mission, check your PM's
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Mission, check your PM's
    take it over zito

MLB ERA

I always considered Nick an active poser.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    take it over zito
    It's a possibility.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I always considered Nick an active poser.
    Hopefully, somewhere Nick is smiling when he reads this. Being the poser that he is.