Thread: Two questions, tied together with & about exporting (please try to read once through)

MLB ERA

Question Two questions, tied together with & about exporting (please try to read once through)

Real quick questions.

KOZ had mentioned to me something about purchasing OOTP10 and getting a 2nd license with the game (to my knowledge, this was the case in the past as well, either incase someone had 2 CPUs they wanted to bounce the game back and forth between without unlicensing and reinstalling each time, or to just to give to a friend).

To the questions part..

1. If this is the case, that means one purchase = a free license. So technically we'd only need to find 15 people who want to buy the game or already have (assuming they kept their extra licenses), and (also assuming everyone here is generous enough to do something like this) they could donate their extra license to a buddy on the forum who didn't have one. That makes 30 copies right there, one for everyone, on the chance atleast 15 people purchase OOTP10 at some point in time.

I'm not sure if this is neccesarily true or not (the 2nd license w/ purchase thing), but if it is I know I have an extra one right now somewhere on my CPU. KOZ mentioned he was purchasing the game and giving his extra license to Buckcheeks probably. That being said, if I have an extra license I'm going to offer it to hammer first, and if he isn't interested I'll raffle it up here some way or another. Getting to the 2nd question though....

How many of you guys think you will eventually be purchasing OOTP10? Doesn't have to be right this moment, just down the line. All of this probably becomes irrlevant if I'm wrong about the bonus license coming with each purchase, but I think we should be able to find 15 people (probably wouldn't even need that many, since I'm sure some people have already bought the game, atleast a few anyway) that are buying the game and split the licenses up to try and get everyone a chance to export.

Just an estimate post here. If you're on the fence and not sure, that's fine too. I'm most curious about the bonus license, becasue I'm not even sure if that's true or not. But if it is, I want to make sure I can find my additional licenses and would encourage anyone who has the game to hold onto them as well if possible, and consider donating one to a buddy on the forum.
    Thanks guys

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Two questions, tied together with & about exporting (please try to read once thro

I am currently playing around with "9" at the moment, but would at some time plan on bumping up to 10 in the near future.

Willing to move the second license if needed.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Two questions, tied together with & about exporting (please try to read once thro

You get 2 licenses, but it's the same number. The number should be the order ID number. You can use the 2nd time for whatever you want, but I'm pretty sure the reason they give it you is in case you get a new computer or want to install it on a 2nd computer (lap top or in another room, etc.). So yeah, technically another computer is another computer, but if something happens to yours or the game gets screwed up, you're shit out of luck if you gave away the 2nd use.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Then you obviously don't give it to someone you don't trust.
    Double negative, high five!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

That isn't what I meant. The license/order number can only be used twice. If I purchase the game, use it, and then give to CJ for example...the license is used up. If my computer shits the bed and I have to buy a new one, I would have to buy the game again because I used the license twice. I'm not sure what that has to do with trusting someone or not. It has to do with the fact that the license can only be used twice.

MLB ERA

Prov, I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that there is a way to electronically lift it from your CPU in the instance that you need to reformat and/or reinstall the game itself. I know what you're talking about as I had to re-purchase OOTP6.5 at one point because my former license was on the previous hard drive. I could probably still get that old 6.5 license too if needed, but the hard drive is in my garage and it's not worth hooking up to a monitor and everything else just for a 15.99 serial number. But point is, unless your CPU flat-out fries completely and there is no way to retrieve anything on it, you can lift the license at any time from one computer and use it on another. I guess if someone wakes up and their CPU just doesn't work one day out of nowhere you might have an issue, but I've had the same dell xps since 2005 and it hasn't crashed beyond repair once. I didn't think computers just outright fried anymore like that. My last one to blue screen or whatever and not come back was a windows 98

But yeah, that's how I thought it works anyway. Maybe they've changed it since 6.5, since I've never had to move my 9 or 10 licenses since purchasing those games. But I don't see why they would. It still works with the e-license control folder on your CPU I'd think.

I could confirm this all on my own, but I just remembered my e-license folder on my CPU has never even opened since the day I bought this thing. It just... doesn't open, like there's no directory LOL. I'm assuming it's an XP security setting (perhaps a click box that hides certain system files and/or licensed content or some shit), but I've never had to access that folder anyway so I never bothered to fix it.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat