TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: (Early) team interest thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Is there a BOSI option

Could we start in offseason 08 and compare how our "fantasy" league coincides with how the actual season went?
    isn't BOSI dead? and I doubt it would work with OOTP 10.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd prefer to start in off-season 2009/2010 than the off-season that already happened. Or at least some editing of prospects, players, contracts, etc. to reflect this season.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I can tell you that the draft class in the rosterset is half real (Strasburg) and half created/fictional (no Hobgood)...

I'd like to start with FA season 2010 as well, but I think it would be easier for Nick to just go with OD 2009. If he had to duplicate the 2009 MLB draft... That would be quite cumbersome.

Let's get it on!

MLB ERA

Yea, there's no BOSI anymore to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure that was a fan-made app, and it never seeemed to take off like some of the other ones (i.e. Catobase, which apparently can be used to transfer old leagues into 10 format for example and is still functionable with the new games). To be honest, I've never seen any league besides S3SL use Bosi. It was a cool feature either way, but even if it still was around, you probably won't need it with the new OOTP... the stats and ratings and everything else is really deep, and the layoutt that the site uploads in is very user-friendly.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

to OM and slyder:

Right now what I was doing with the file I'm playing with, is simming through the MLB season while viewing the 2009 transactions list from MLB.com, stopping on dates (or around dates, anyway-- can't promise every transaction will wind up being perfect or around the exact time, that gets a bit tedious) that something notable happened, i.e. a release, major call-up, trade, signing, re-signing, etc..
    and I'm editting into the game accordingly. I'm trying to get any major rookies who played this yr onto the simmed file, so elligiblity for the first season is pretty much realistic for everyone, i;e. J.A. Happ isn't a rookie, Blanks isn't a rookie, etc.. for example. That's a bit harder, but judging by rookie stat-lists I should be able to determine who should be on the roster at some point and who doesn't matter as much...

I have no issues getting everything close to accurate heading into the 2009 offseason, which is probably when I would start things up... landing the players on the right team, re-signing those who have since been re-signed (like Franklin, Cards CL) .. that will be easy. The only hangup is the rookie thing, stats from the yr i will be simming (obviously it won't emulate real life, but I'm not really sure how I could even do that short of waiting for the real season to end and editting it all in myself or something), and the draft. I'll also have to check at season's end and make sure no one retired or had a career-ender or anything like that... anyone who is going to play next yr, atleast.

The draft is probably the biggest thing, cause like OM said it has some guys, but not everyone. I don't anticipate the draft being terrible annoying to edit, but maybe some of you guys could help me scour for scouting reports in a seperate thread when i get to that point.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

That would be great! I'd really like to see the draft class as close to MLB as possible. Admittedly, because I am the O's and they signed a couple of guys that were "signability" picks in the later rounds. I can get you the entire list of Oriole draft picks and what their ratings would likely be if you are willing to load them into the O's farm system.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Florida is my choice. If that doesn't work, I'd wait a bit and let others pick and take one of the last teams. I'd just prefer to keep my team if possible.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Florida is my choice. If that doesn't work, I'd wait a bit and let others pick and take one of the last teams. I'd just prefer to keep my team if possible.
    Completely fine with me Mission. I already marked you down as Florida anyway, I just wanted to make sure that was your first choice.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    That would be great! I'd really like to see the draft class as close to MLB as possible. Admittedly, because I am the O's and they signed a couple of guys that were "signability" picks in the later rounds. I can get you the entire list of Oriole draft picks and what their ratings would likely be if you are willing to load them into the O's farm system.
    Yeah, same here. I don't know how many rnds I can do while making good time, since the MLB draft is absurdly long... but I'm going to try to do as many as possible and get all of the major guys in there from each team.
    Might be a pipedream until I actually start editting the draft and can tell how long it'll take, but at the least I'd like to edit around 10 players into the draft per squad... prefferably more if it isn't a huge pain in the ass.
    At the same time, I'm not going to edit anyone that I don't know enough about, so I'll definitely need help from everyone here to find some scouting reports on some of these guys. I also need to get the hang of the ratings a little bit more probably.
    I'll be at the draft in-game pretty quickly actually, I'm already mid-way into May on the game (assuming this is infact the file I'm going to use for everything, which I see no reasons as to why it can't be) so I'll make a post for people to list scouting reports soon.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Awesome!

MLB ERA

a high level al east means I will suck

.... or will i?
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Here's my problem with simming up to present time, people will always die, good players and it's different from them dying on our watch compared to dying while the computer is running everything and it highly sucks. And maybe the worst thing about the new OOTPs, you receive no message saying so and so boosted or lost talent.

Ask OM, it's highly frustrating in the oopt9 and 10 leagues we are in, we're constantly losing really good talent in their 20's for no identifiable reason- worse than ootp6/6.5, cause most times you can see on the development report what had happened. Not the case for new OOTPs.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

That is very true. Carl Crawford, Phil Hughes, and Joba Chamberlain just faded away on me for no reason.

I want to check in game and see if there is a development report available. I think there is and it just has to be selected for upload. I remember JD's League had a development report.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Here's my problem with simming up to present time, people will always die, good players and it's different from them dying on our watch compared to dying while the computer is running everything and it highly sucks. And maybe the worst thing about the new OOTPs, you receive no message saying so and so boosted or lost talent.

Ask OM, it's highly frustrating in the oopt9 and 10 leagues we are in, we're constantly losing really good talent in their 20's for no identifiable reason- worse than ootp6/6.5, cause most times you can see on the development report what had happened. Not the case for new OOTPs.

Yeah I figured as much about that, but I don't mind editting the players back at the end of the season if they're that skewed. And while I'm simming and advancing the file, I'm keeping things set so the AI can't make any roster moves. I'm trying to replicate things as best as I can manually, which won't be great by any means, but hopefully I can get the main things right.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast