Thread: (Early) team interest thread..

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: (Early) team interest thread..

I'll take San Francisco

MLB ERA

Hey Brewerball, I'm going to slot you in as Boston for now. Unless things change (i.e. Foster decides he wants Boston still), I'd like you to run them.

With the new OOTP games being a lot deeper than 6.5, with everything from game options to rosters, I think it could benefit people who join to pick a team they know. Even if you can't nab your favorite team in the instance that they are taken or something, I'd suggest picking a team you know well or follow in real life. This goes for everyone really. It would make transitioning into the new format a lot easier I think...
    I also encourage people to make a switch to a new team. It would make things more interesting and change the course a little from what we've been doing.

edit:
    Mofo, I'm cool with you running SF too. WesKim hasn't checked in on this post, but I'd assume he's flexible and probably will run as someone else if he signs up for the new league. Once he checks in and makes note I'll put you in under SF if he doesn't want to keep them.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I don't want Boston this go around. I know that the team is really good, and such, but I am still leary of my abilities to get them to where they need to be.

MLB ERA

Works fine for me. Like I said, I encourage everyone to try a new squad. Obviously nothing is set in stone right now, besides those who are keeping their team from the previous go-around... but as long as the previous owner doesn't want their team moving forward, I'm fine with assigning someone else in the spot if they're sure they want to run that squad.

So BB can have BOS unless something randomly changes at some point.

If weskim doesn't want to remain as the Giants, Mofo works fine for them.

I told Slyder he could run as the Reds if albbla switches teams (assuming he's going to stick around)

Mission will probably stick as the Marlins if I had to make an early guess.

KOZ, you'd be a good fit for TEX or LAA. I dunno if doppel is going to want to repeat with LAA, but either of those two I'm fine with you running (or anyone else really, but I know you expressed interest in those two and Boston). I don't know if BuckFoston is going to even want to join, but truthfully he hadn't been very active since re-joining TPSL for the 3rd time or so. So if you want TEX I have no problems there.

Yankees are going to need a good GM too, and that division is filled once we find one. I'd give them to hammer immediately if he desired to run them, since he's about the only Yankees fan left on this board I know by name. I highly doubt Browntown would be interested in joining this thing, I'm not even sure if he posts on the boards anymore period, but he's the only other Yankees fan I even know who posts here anymore... prefferably I'd like a Yankees fan (or someone who knows baseball) to run the Yankees, so we don't see someone trading Sabathia and the like their first year in.

With OM switching to the AL and running as the O's, the Mets are open too. Maybe LJ would want to run them, but I'm not so sure he's even going to join again.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I believe Doppel wanted Texas. LAA is plenty fine for me. That would lock down the AL West
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

CJ wanted to keep the phillies, DMB will probably keep the cubs since he never takes a team besides the cubs. I wonder if Dave-o will keep the tigers?
    Ted

MLB ERA

I'm half considering the Cubs if DMB doesn't want to keep them. If he passes I probably will take honestly, if anything just to make sure they're ran ok. But I'm fine if he wants to keep them too, since I really have no real prefference at this point. I just don't think I want to be the Dodgers again. Cleveland might be fun, or any team with a DH really. Dunno if I'll stick in the NL if I don't wind up as the Cubs, and I'm not even sure I'd want to run them anyway...

I'll mark CJ down for the Phillies for now, unless he changes his mind.

I dunno about Dave, but he's more than welcome to keep DET or pick a new team, either is fine with me.

Hammer already told me he's not going to be Arizona, so they're open for now too.

You & Doppel are down in the main thread now. Two divisions done once we figure something out for the Yankees, not bad. I'm gonna miss being division buddies with you, KOZ.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah.

At least the division will be loaded. You know, I'm surprised no one is jumping on St. Louis. That'll be a good team. I'd take them but I hate the NL.
    Ted

MLB ERA

Hopefully someone like Hammer or Dave will take 'em. Someone with experience.

Basically for the teams like the Yankees, Cards, Cubs, Red Sox, maybe Dodgers I guess... I want someone who can guide them in the right direction. In other words, someone who won't look to unload Pujols or whoever it may be right when they step in. Obviously we will still have a trade council anyway, but still...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

k, Hammer told me he's gonna nab the Yankees. Good fit me thinks and it completes that division too.

First KOZ, now Hammer. I'll miss you division buddies.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Cincinnati
    Where ever theres a need.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The AL East is looking interesting, General being the only non-homer right now. That's funny actually
    Ted

Want a moustache ride? BrewerBall13's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    So BB can have BOS unless something randomly changes at some point.
    Works for me...thanks boss.

The AL East in this hypothetical new league is shaping up to definitely be intriguing...

MLB ERA

I bought the game earlier tonight. Have been checking things out and the layout is pretty similar to OOTP9, with some neat additions (like the individual pitch ratings).

The rosters that come with the game are pretty good, but are from the start of 2009. Assuming everyone would rather begin in the offseason than run the 2009 season from start, I will have to update anything that has happened since opening day it looks like. That's fine with me and actually less work than I anticipated, since everyone's salary, service time, etc. that may have changed over last year's offseason is in the game already. Of course any extensions signed since the season began won't be in there, but it won't be hard to add that stuff.

I'm hoping I can get the file up sooner than later on a test site, just so people can see what we have right now. Any flaws could be pointed out and I could fix them before we were to begin. Or if any key players weren't included (almost everyone seems to be in there, to be honest-- even domincan signees from last yr like Arodys Vizcaino...) I could create and add them in accordingly.

Ratings are kinda strange by default, and I'm not even really used to them yet. There's a lot more detail to them than in 6.5. Pitching seems a little difficult to judge too, where as hitting I can kinda get the idea on..

Anyway, if anyone wants to know if any particular players or prospects are on their team, or any other info about the new game, ask in theisthread and I will report back. I hope to get the file uploaded in the next few days onto maybe a test site or something, but until then, feel free to inquire about anything.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Is there a BOSI option

Could we start in offseason 08 and compare how our "fantasy" league coincides with how the actual season went?
    Last edited by Slyder; 09-12-2009 at 11:22 AM.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast