Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: (Early) team interest thread..

MLB ERA

Re: (Early) team interest thread..

I believe he said he was done with OOTP 6.5... cause i asked him about a X league at one point and he said he'd consider that
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Poor NL West. Please find it in your hearts to sign up the division is feeling forgotten. LoL.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

I think we have 3 spots left as of now, I haven't been keeping up 100% and I know KOZ has editted the main page a few times. The plan is to start in 2009, with updated rosters for the 2009 season, and I'll edit the draft as best as I can. All a go on those terms then?

One idea I had, but it's just an idea and really no more than that (and if it's an unpopular one at that, I won't even mention it again) is a no-trade rule for our first season. I figure that won't go over well, but I'm tossing it out there anyway. Of course trading would be allowed the second the 2009 season ended if this were the case...

The only reason I'm suggesting this is because I'm already entering all of the transactions that have taken place this yr. So it would almost be like starting from the trade/waiver deadline, since that's what we're pretty much doing anyway, and you guys would have to use the teams you picked before unloading everyone. I assume this option is going to be really unpopular, just by the way you guys like to trade (and probably will on OOTP10 even more so, since there are 15x more real prospects than 6.5 had, literally, not to mention all of the real minor league levels-- and I have no issues with trading either FTR), so all it is right now is an idea I'm throwing out there. If it's an unpopular one then no biggie. Just throwing it out there just in case, and since from the get-go moves up to the waiver deadline will be put in.

I know I've been saying this for days now, but I'm going to actually PM mission today and ask him about site/server info and what I need to do to upload... not to sound clueless, but I kinda am. I've been using RWH to upload TPSL since the beginning lol. From there I'll try to generate a report (or however OOTP10 uploads-- I did it on 9 once, but I didn't have enough site space for it on RWH and it didn't come out right anyway) and upload a temporary site, just to give you guys an idea of what it'll be like.

I'm working on a picture pack too, but I'm not sure if mission has enough space to host all of the player pictures on his server. I don't know if they even take up much room to be quite honest. In TPSL I only used team logos, and that's what we'll do again if need be the case (I finished logos, and I'm pretty sure those wouldn't take much additional space at all to host w/ the site).

Once the site is up I hope it will help everyone get used to the look & feel of the new setup. I'm going to write-up a small, basic FAQ for those who are going to be sending lineups and/or doing extensions on the board and anything else you'd need to know if you don't have the game.
    I still strongly encourage you guys to buy the game if at all possible, since my plans to allow exporting haven't changed. That being said, OOTP10 is kinda pricey at the moment (I thought it was anyway), so it's completely understandable from my POV if some people don't/can't buy it right now. I'm pretty sure the game itself comes with two liscenses per purchase. If that's true, I should have an extra one and will raffle it off to anyone interested.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    I think we have 3 spots left as of now, I haven't been keeping up 100% and I know KOZ has editted the main page a few times. The plan is to start in 2009, with updated rosters for the 2009 season, and I'll edit the draft as best as I can. All a go on those terms then?

One idea I had, but it's just an idea and really no more than that (and if it's an unpopular one at that, I won't even mention it again) is a no-trade rule for our first season. I figure that won't go over well, but I'm tossing it out there anyway. Of course trading would be allowed the second the 2009 season ended if this were the case...

The only reason I'm suggesting this is because I'm already entering all of the transactions that have taken place this yr. So it would almost be like starting from the trade/waiver deadline, since that's what we're pretty much doing anyway, and you guys would have to use the teams you picked before unloading everyone. I assume this option is going to be really unpopular, just by the way you guys like to trade (and probably will on OOTP10 even more so, since there are 15x more real prospects than 6.5 had, literally, not to mention all of the real minor league levels-- and I have no issues with trading either FTR), so all it is right now is an idea I'm throwing out there. If it's an unpopular one then no biggie. Just throwing it out there just in case, and since from the get-go moves up to the waiver deadline will be put in.

I know I've been saying this for days now, but I'm going to actually PM mission today and ask him about site/server info and what I need to do to upload... not to sound clueless, but I kinda am. I've been using RWH to upload TPSL since the beginning lol. From there I'll try to generate a report (or however OOTP10 uploads-- I did it on 9 once, but I didn't have enough site space for it on RWH and it didn't come out right anyway) and upload a temporary site, just to give you guys an idea of what it'll be like.

I'm working on a picture pack too, but I'm not sure if mission has enough space to host all of the player pictures on his server. I don't know if they even take up much room to be quite honest. In TPSL I only used team logos, and that's what we'll do again if need be the case (I finished logos, and I'm pretty sure those wouldn't take much additional space at all to host w/ the site).

Once the site is up I hope it will help everyone get used to the look & feel of the new setup. I'm going to write-up a small, basic FAQ for those who are going to be sending lineups and/or doing extensions on the board and anything else you'd need to know if you don't have the game.
    I still strongly encourage you guys to buy the game if at all possible, since my plans to allow exporting haven't changed. That being said, OOTP10 is kinda pricey at the moment (I thought it was anyway), so it's completely understandable from my POV if some people don't/can't buy it right now. I'm pretty sure the game itself comes with two liscenses per purchase. If that's true, I should have an extra one and will raffle it off to anyone interested.
    I don't know about a total no trade rule... but like when other leagues started, there always seemed to be a frenzy... which is what I think you are against... the sheer volume.... I say you limit it to 2 trades or 4 total players per team... that way you can start the rebuild if that is what you want.. or start the run to the WS.. or shore up a thin position.... but not kill the comish with 43201 trades
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

I think I agree with Dave, but I would set the guidelines even tighter and say that only pending FAs can be traded, the reason for this is that if a GM wanted to rebuild... he shouldn't be forced to resign an FA or lose him completely... He should be allowed to see what the trade market will bring. I do like the general idea though Nick. It will force some of the fairweather GMs to stick with the core of the team for at least a year.

From my perspective, web hosting is very cheap. If Mission is unable to hook you up... let me know. I definitely can support another OOTP X league. (and then some)

Regarding all the minor leagues... I would recommend trimming some. The default is AAA, AA, two Single A leagues, and two short season or rookie leagues. A 60 round draft is too much.

I personally would love to keep the minor leagues standard like 6.5 but somehow have a paralell Japanese league and maybe a Cuban or just Hispanic league that auto sims while we control MLB, yet allow us to scout (via the reports) the two world leagues and bid on players from those leagues. It would have to be set up where only 4-8 were even worthy of consideration to play in MLB and really only 1 has the potential to be an All Star.

Just some thoughts...

MLB ERA

I think we shouldn't necessarily limit the # of players but the # of trades made. I mean hypothetically, as the Phillies, I've got 3 huge holes I'd like to fill, and I shouldn't have to go through 3 teams necessarily to get that done.

I think also maybe we should have a 2 week period where all deals are offered and then the TC acts on all of them at once so you can see the whole vision for each team
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    I think I agree with Dave, but I would set the guidelines even tighter and say that only pending FAs can be traded, the reason for this is that if a GM wanted to rebuild... he shouldn't be forced to resign an FA or lose him completely... He should be allowed to see what the trade market will bring. I do like the general idea though Nick. It will force some of the fairweather GMs to stick with the core of the team for at least a year.

From my perspective, web hosting is very cheap. If Mission is unable to hook you up... let me know. I definitely can support another OOTP X league. (and then some)

Regarding all the minor leagues... I would recommend trimming some. The default is AAA, AA, two Single A leagues, and two short season or rookie leagues. A 60 round draft is too much.

I personally would love to keep the minor leagues standard like 6.5 but somehow have a paralell Japanese league and maybe a Cuban or just Hispanic league that auto sims while we control MLB, yet allow us to scout (via the reports) the two world leagues and bid on players from those leagues. It would have to be set up where only 4-8 were even worthy of consideration to play in MLB and really only 1 has the potential to be an All Star.

Just some thoughts...

I agree with the trade ideas you and Dave possessed. I agree with CJ as well. Limit it to 2 or 3 trades per team for the first yr opposed to per player, maybe putting some restrictions on the trades and types of players you can trade.

OM, I also appreciate the offer! Once I feel mission out I will let you know one way or another. He has told me he has more than enough space to host it. I want to export and fully plan on it, which would mean hosting the file itself somewhere I'd assume. If he doesn't have enough to host both the site & core file that needs to be downloaded in order to export, maybe you could handle one and he could handle the other?

As for the minors, as we begin I'm going to go with what it comes with. I'll definitely trim the draft down, although I figure we could change the # of rnds on a year to year basis if needed. Not sure how many would work best for the first season. And I'm still not sure if you guys would prefer the draft to be automated akin to the real life MLB draft & order, or if you guys would like to select all of the players on your own. I'm going to edit the draft to my best abilities.

I like the idea for Japanese/Hispanic subleagues. If I could figure out how to incorporate this, I would love to do something like that. I know the options in OOTP10 are endless, but I need to figure out how I'd go about adding additional sub-leagues to the current MLB setup I have. Almost like a farm-league for international talent... and we could have a signing period at some point even. For the first few years in the league, I could even try to add a few real names from this yrs international signing period and the upcoming (2010) one.

Dave is right pretty much. I have no issues about people trading and shaking up their teams, that's the fun in OOTP for a lot of people and I realize that. That's the whole point of fantasy sports, building your own team... and after the first season I would drop any restrictions that potentially might be in place anyway. I just feel like if I'm going to update the rosters and we'll still start at the beginning of 2009, it seems kind of silly to do all of that if some people are planning on having firesales from the start. If we had some light restrictions or limits for the first season in place, it would give people a chance to see what they have and feel their team out. OM has a point, a lot of fairweather GMs are quick to go into all-out rebuild mode when their team is 5 games out two sims into the season. There's always more teams rebuilding than teams actually planning on competing in these leagues...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I'm working on rosters at a much better pace now and it's a lot easier this way too, forseeing a 2009 start w/ updated shit in our plans. I'm also going to update stuff like pitch types/speeds and END factors for some pitchers. I notice a lot of MRs who wound up starting this yr-- and in few, but some cases the other way around-- their END doesn't seem to fit what it should be. Some pitchers seem like they don't fit their actual criteria at all (i.e. Neftali Feliz only throws 93-95 on the roster set that came default, or something close to that .. seems like a common occurance for some pitchers, mainly MR, with their VEL either being a tad bit low or a tad bit high)

I'm gonna start recrutiing at the OOTP board now. With 3 spots to go, since I sorta feel like we're close to starting (let's say within the next 2-3 weeks) we should be able to easily fill 3 spots. I don't want to start under 30 though, especially in the instance that a few guys flake early and we'll need replacements to fill their spots too (hope that doesn't happen of course, but thats just how it is with sim leagues) So I'm gonna start looking offside of the side and see what I can find for the final 3 spots, and anyone who wants to be on a waiting list as well.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Keep up the good work bro. Making sure the rosters are as solid as possible is great. There's no need to rush it.

As far as trading, I think I'm leaning towards not making any deals just for the simple fact that I want see how the game plays out.

MLB ERA

I still want to make 100 threads begging people to take Willy Tavares off my hands for ANYTHING.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA

Yeah prov, I myself probably won't make more than one, if any deals the first year no matter what we decide to do. I think some slight limitations for season 1 is a good idea any way you look at it. It's going to be a learning period for everyone, and if teams are trade-crazy before anyone really has a feel for the rating system and other stuff like that, I think there would wind up being a lot of unintentionally unfair deals

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    I'm working on rosters at a much better pace now and it's a lot easier this way too, forseeing a 2009 start w/ updated shit in our plans. I'm also going to update stuff like pitch types/speeds and END factors for some pitchers. I notice a lot of MRs who wound up starting this yr-- and in few, but some cases the other way around-- their END doesn't seem to fit what it should be. Some pitchers seem like they don't fit their actual criteria at all (i.e. Neftali Feliz only throws 93-95 on the roster set that came default, or something close to that .. seems like a common occurance for some pitchers, mainly MR, with their VEL either being a tad bit low or a tad bit high)

I'm gonna start recrutiing at the OOTP board now. With 3 spots to go, since I sorta feel like we're close to starting (let's say within the next 2-3 weeks) we should be able to easily fill 3 spots. I don't want to start under 30 though, especially in the instance that a few guys flake early and we'll need replacements to fill their spots too (hope that doesn't happen of course, but thats just how it is with sim leagues) So I'm gonna start looking offside of the side and see what I can find for the final 3 spots, and anyone who wants to be on a waiting list as well.
    Does that mean a likelier chance of drafting like 5 end pitchers and have them actually gain the end to become a starter?

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rookie ERA

I don't know if you are taking new members for this Sim league, but if you are I would take any team.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011