Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Future league plans, this year and beyond" discussion thread.

MLB ERA

News "Future league plans, this year and beyond" discussion thread.

Some people probably already know what's been discussed over the past few days as for the league, some of you might not. Everything has been in the brainstorming stage up until now for the most part (except the simming out of the 2018 season and wrapping the 2nd incarnation of TPSL up-- that is final at this point)... but now that I got the go-ahead from mission, and ran it by KOZ to make sure he wasn't looking to do something like this...

I'm going to run an OOTP10 league after the completion of the 2018 6.5 TPSL season, with the generous help from mission who will host everything on the site servers.

Exporting will be allowed and strongly encouraged, but not required (atleast in the early going-- maybe if everything is a success more people will want to purchase the game in order to export, but I won't alienate those who choose not to or can't affoard it right now).

I have played OOTP9, and compared to OOTP 6.5/12, it is a very deep game. I can only assume OOTP10 has even more features than 9 did. This means it will be a much different format than all of 6.5 leagues, with many more options left on.

That all being said, I know some of the casual guys might not be interested. I anticipate maybe 15-20 people from the forums signing up for the new incarnation, and finding the rest from outside of the site. Which might not be a bad thing, since it could bring more traffic to the other forums.

My plan right now is a 30-team league with MLB rules and rosterset alike. Yeah, it isn't original and has been done before (i.e. TPSLv1&2), but we've never done it in anything but 6.5 here (atleast for a long, long time) and in OOTP10, we can use a ton of options we haven't been able to before.

I'm pretty sure we'll use a new name for the league, which I'll take suggestions on. I'll post more information on everything as I have it, but if you have any early interest, generate it in here so I can get an idea of how many heads we'll be working with from the get-go. I won't have the site up for a little, atleast until the current TPSL season is over. But I will work on the roster set and anything else I can in the meantime while hopefully generating interest. Not sure how we'll pick teams or in what order and stuff, but since we're not that far ahead you don't have to choose now.

One idea I had was each returning GM could pick a fictional player from their squad and I would recreate them on their new OOTP10 team. Each created player would be in prospect mode upon the start of the season, and wouldn't quite have the same talent as their previous incarnations, but would resemble the same mold. This could give some carry-over going into the next league.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: "Future league plans, this year and beyond" discussion thread.

skyyyyyy rockets in flight... aftttternoon delight !

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Id be down for the switch if I get Kyle Lobstein back
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Unless you chose the D-Rays (Lobstein's team IRL I believe), it wouldn't work out right to do that. Not even a personal decision or anything like that, but it wouldn't work for someone to roll into the next league with any real MLB players from their previous squad, since we'll be using real and updated rosters and those players will need to be present on their current teams.

I wouldn't make certain created players better than others, even if that's how their ratings are in this league. I.E. Syo-go Kikaku from LAA in this league is a contact machine and all-star each year, and let's say John Dough LF is a home run hitter but can't do anything else. I would still emphasize contact for Kikaku, and power for John Blow, but I wouldn't make them as good as their TPSL counterparts were. I would place each CAP on a neutral playing field and list them around the same age probably...

Another idea I had is re-creating each team's human player (i.e. Erik Hammer CF, or Cory Zito SP, or John Prov LF... etc etc.), and letting them fill out all of the info for their profiles and pick a position, etc. They would start on the team their GM is running and can develop with the squad as the league progresses, if not used for trade bait otherwise. I wouldn't go overboard and turn it into anything like what Crazy was beginning to do in CSSL before he left, but I think it could be a fun touch, similar to what we did with all of the TPSL created forum people before I got lazy.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quick, let's start before Bryce Harper is drafted!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

As long as I get to keep the D-Rays, I'm definitely game. I'll probably buy OOTP 10 in a couple of weeks if exporting will be allowed.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I got that Hinojoso guy in the 2nd round... basically a copyo f Luis Martinez and Oscar Augiar, that's awesome. Now I hate you even more for ending TPSL. Curse your ways!
    Ted

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Well, wait a minute, I've been trying to restock my farm system for some time, with the ability to draft well being only my only asset against many other GM's, all the while hoping that my key prospects don't die, and now I learn I have to restart again? This is discouraging.

MLB ERA

It can be discouraging to start again. Took me years to be on the edge of the playoffs. My only advice is to tighten the league down. 24 teams, 18, 16, something like that.

MLB ERA

maybe do like a "classic" league starting with like 1980s or 1990s?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Unless you chose the D-Rays (Lobstein's team IRL I believe), it wouldn't work out right to do that. Not even a personal decision or anything like that, but it wouldn't work for someone to roll into the next league with any real MLB players from their previous squad, since we'll be using real and updated rosters and those players will need to be present on their current teams.

I wouldn't make certain created players better than others, even if that's how their ratings are in this league. I.E. Syo-go Kikaku from LAA in this league is a contact machine and all-star each year, and let's say John Dough LF is a home run hitter but can't do anything else. I would still emphasize contact for Kikaku, and power for John Blow, but I wouldn't make them as good as their TPSL counterparts were. I would place each CAP on a neutral playing field and list them around the same age probably...

Another idea I had is re-creating each team's human player (i.e. Erik Hammer CF, or Cory Zito SP, or John Prov LF... etc etc.), and letting them fill out all of the info for their profiles and pick a position, etc. They would start on the team their GM is running and can develop with the squad as the league progresses, if not used for trade bait otherwise. I wouldn't go overboard and turn it into anything like what Crazy was beginning to do in CSSL before he left, but I think it could be a fun touch, similar to what we did with all of the TPSL created forum people before I got lazy.
    I always thought he was a fake player lol. Ill just take my SP counterpart as long as hes RIGHTY.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

I'm with General, as long as I can keep the Phillies, I'm game
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

if I can keep the A's, I'll give it a shot I suppose.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I want an AL team. Preferably Doppels or Bucky's.
    Ted

MLB ERA

I'm open to whatever Ill keep the Royals or take someone else if needed.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast