Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Future league plans, this year and beyond" discussion thread.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: "Future league plans, this year and beyond" discussion thread.

I'd still like to be a part of the "new" league, if you'll have me.
    May have to purchse 10 as well, and get rid of that terrible 9 that I have now. lol

I am also open to giving up Boston, and taking on a "lesser" team.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Well, wait a minute, I've been trying to restock my farm system for some time, with the ability to draft well being only my only asset against many other GM's, all the while hoping that my key prospects don't die, and now I learn I have to restart again? This is discouraging.

Yeah I know, I feel half-retarded for even finishing the TPSL season at this point, since some teams have been restocking for the past 3 seasons and obviously have no real reason to bother with the rest of this season if we're not continuing into next yr and stuff...

I mean, atleast you got a World Series before the thing ended, and while it was running active and competitvely too. Some people never made the playoffs since we've began. Though I understand what you're saying completely and it has crossed my mind already. I wish I could find a fair system to compensate certain people rolling over into the next league who are basically sitting around until this finishes, but it would get too sketchy.

It is what it is really. I love this league and I love running sim leagues on this site, but right now it really isn't realistic to keep this running on a high-level. There's too many loose ends at this point... if I thought I could keep this thing active and fun for 2 more seasons, I would...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    It can be discouraging to start again. Took me years to be on the edge of the playoffs. My only advice is to tighten the league down. 24 teams, 18, 16, something like that.
    That's something I'm considering and 24 would probably be the number if I don't try for a 30-team league, but since I'd like to use real-life rosters (the rosters in the new games are insanely deep, with almost every Joe Blow from even single-A teams or lower appearing in the right places).

The early plan is to see who will sign up from these forums, and depending on about how many heads are in from the get go, I'll probably try to find some people from outside of the forums. Whether or not I can bring them aboard and get them to stay remains to be seen, but if it doesn't look like 30 is plausible I'm going to consider other options before getting thick into things. I just would like to run with 30 if we do a real roster set, but if 30 is out of reach I will start thinking about some other ideas.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    I'd still like to be a part of the "new" league, if you'll have me.
    May have to purchse 10 as well, and get rid of that terrible 9 that I have now. lol

I am also open to giving up Boston, and taking on a "lesser" team.
    Damn right we'll have you Foster. And I *think* you can export with 9 for a 10 league, similar to how you could export with 6.5 on 6.12 and shit... but I could be wrong there.

But if that is the case, you could export from the start even if you don't purchase OOTP10 before we begin.

As for keeping Boston or not, I'm going to give everyone the chance to keep their previous teams, but warning them that the rosters obviously will be different than when we started the second TPSL... and as a result, if you're not completely entrenched in being whatever team you were before, I'm fine with you guys picking a new squad.

In cases like with Boston where the team will probably be one of the more popular choices, if you'd rather take a lesser team or even a team you're a fan of in real life instead, that'd be fine with me since Boston should be easy to fill. But if you want them back, that is fine.

I'm personally not going to keep the Dodgers-- so if anyone has considered joining as them, maybe Mofo since he's a real life Dodgers fan, let me know. They're probably 95% available, with the 5% being left open incase no one takes them anyway and the remaining teams left whenever I get around to picking aren't up my alley. but if someone wanted them they're more than happy...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12