0 0%
  • Saturday Anytime

2 25.00%
  • Sunday Night

0 0%
  • any of the options of 2-5

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live Draft: When are you guys available?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Live Draft: When are you guys available?

I want to hold the draft tomorrow night but its such short notice so im going to leave a bunch of options out there and see what comes up.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Re: Live Draft: When are you guys available?

I don't mean to sound crass, but what's the point if we're not going on after this season?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

By the way, I think you should have made the poll multi-vote to allow people to vote all times in which they would be available.

For instance, I'd be available all day tomorrow and all day saturday, but I'm only allowed to vote one of them.

I edited in a vote on Saturday to reflect it but obviously not everyone can do that.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You crasshole.

Other or Monday for me. Wednesday is bad, cause I doubt I'll be on after 6 or 7 and Saturday is college football. BUT my vote doesn't matter because I pick last and it's doubtful I'd even attend. I'm too lazy to weed out 59 guys who've been picked to make my pick, so really disregard my vote towards a final time.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Monday is really my only free day.

Wednesday ill basically be doing a morning draft before my girlfriend wakes up. after kiss that day goodbye.

Saturday is my only other day off.

Tuesday could be done if its at night.

Sunday night is always good too.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I don't mean to sound crass, but what's the point if we're not going on after this season?
    Cause now we're saving a lot of money on car insurrance by switching to geico, duh leo.

I'll try to keep things running into next year, but if activity doesn't look like it's going to improve, and longtime members to both the site & league keep vanishing at this pace, if not ending the thing I'll seriously re-re-consider restructuring the league... it has crossed my mind before a few times, but it's a last resort route. Nonetheless a league that's full and competitive seems to me like it'd be funner even if we had to contract a few teams and re-arrange some spots. My biggest qualm with doing this is that there is already a bit too much talent in all, and if we lose even 1 or 2 teams there's a lot of players without contracts who don't have anywhere to go without pushing other good players into AAA or FA. The ideal situation for the league file and roster setup right now would be to add some teams, but that's obviously not plausible and probably never will be... there's a lot of talent though, and while it wasn't neccesarily intended to come out like that, from everything like editting the draft every other year basically since we began, to adding offseason imports, and then there's those random boosts for guys who were destined to sit at AAA their whole career if they hadn't added a talent point here, or a talent point there. Point is if I had to take the route of eliminating a handful of teams, we'd have to find a way to control the talent and player set. I'd reduce the draft to 8 rounds and maybe raise the aging/anti-development sliders a little bit (so players would age faster or decline, whereas the current sliders kinda work in reverse...)

We'll see. At the end of the year I'll know where it all stands based on activity moving forward. As of now, if it's free to run and maintain for now, I don't mind finishing at all. From there we'll see where it takes us. I wouldn't mind re-arranging the league a little bit... but I don't know if that's neccesarily the path a league like this should take. If we were to re-arrange the outline and look of the league, it would also give us the option of moving to a new format (i.e. OOTP9 or 10) ... as of now it's not something I even would consider, but if we were to change the outline of things, it'd be something that might be worth looking into for sure.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

If you contract, why not simply delete (i.e., edit down to nothingness) the players from the contracted teams? Or add an injury to them, etc.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

I'm back, to let you know, I can really shake 'em down.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Personally I think you need to re-start instead of contracting. I do agree there are way too many "talented" players. Really how many Pujols type of rated guys should their be? It gets dilluted.

For example:

In a league with the avg player having a contact ability of 6 (1-100 scale/50s) they will hit around .250. This makes the real 8-10 contact guys feel like superstar players because of obviously they are better than the league avg. When you fill a league with too many in the 8-10 range than the league avg obviously goes up and makes the 8-10 guys well average.

I think this hurts the league stats wise and harder to gauge, your 10-10-10-10-10 guy hitting .228 and swatting 10 HR. While a guy on another team has a 8-8-8-8-8 guy is hitting .340 with 40 HR. The mean is too high. This is my experience for the past 6 years I've been doing ootp online leagues. Only way to fix this is to start over.

If you start over maybe instead of a normal standard league, you could always do a 20 team league or something.

DO NOT WANT RESTART.

Fawk.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

The more I'm thinking about it

It's not really realistic to think that we can keep 30 teams filled at this point, or even get to that level again, and honestly, it just isn't as fun anymore for me. The competitve level isn't what it once was mainly due to inactivity, and finding 6.5 GMs is impossible since they're all in their other leagues that have been running since the beginning of time. Find me some new GMs for the open slots, and get guys like LJ, GF, Shadow and others who have gone completely inactive as of late to start participating again, and it would be a different story. But as of now there's a good 3-4 teams who haven't done anything with their squad dating back to the offseason, and then the 2 open teams as well.

I'm going to sim out the season real fast, and probably put it on the shelf. The more I've thought about it, the more I really don't want to bother with this one anymore.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

and Porter, I appreciate that you were wiling to run the draft-- should've thanked you sooner. But I'm going to just enter everyones picks up to this point and auto the rest. I'll schedule the remaining sims after that point....

if anyone wants to participate in the stretch run, that's fine... if your team is out of the race and not going to contend, then it's just as good if you don't send changes. wouldn't change much from the past few sims anyway.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

LJ, NYGF went back to school. As did BCshorts, CJ, and a host of others.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

whenever, but I think I only missed the 1 sim?
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    LJ, NYGF went back to school. As did BCshorts, CJ, and a host of others.
    If sim leagues were seasonal and we could close up shop until next summer believe me, I would. But it's not really an option and short of replacing or auto-running all of these teams, it's just not plausible to keep things active and no one is going to want to join a 2018 league.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast