Thread: BLIND BIDDING & SCRAP ROUNDS: Read inside for details ((Blind Signings posted inside)

MLB ERA

BLIND BIDDING & SCRAP ROUNDS: Read inside for details ((Blind Signings posted inside)

The remaining crop of FAs is far from deep, but due to the recent controversies about the 'first come, first serve' method, I'm going to have a short period where you guys can send me offers for any of the remaining FAs via PM, blindly, and the highest offers will win out.

If I plan on making any offers, I will PM Prov A's at a certain point in time in order to let him know... and before I open any of the other PMs. I doubt I am going to make any offers until the scraps round though, and even then I'll probably wait until midway through (when most teams have made their moves and gotten who they want)...

For blind bidding, you may send me PMs starting now. I will accept all PMs until 9:00 PM edt tomorrow (Sunday, Aug 2nd)... that is the cutoff point. This deadline does count, because it will coincide with the scraps round and I will have to make sure I am online around that time to deal with all blind-bids.

Tomorrow I will post all of the blind-bid signings and who won out, etc. It may not be exactly at the deadline, but it will be tomorrow night.

I will also start the scraps post at that point tomorrow night. Monday (the 3rd), at 12:00 PM edt (noon) is when you may post your scrap offers in that post. I will post more info on this when the post is made tomorrow night. But, so everyone knows, the scrap round will begin Monday at 12:00 PM edt... if you want to know how scraps work, check out the post from the previous season which should be on page 2 or 3 of this news board.

For the blind bidding round, please PM me any 1-year offers (only 1-year offers are allowed, as it is all the game will accept mid-season) and the max amount you will pay for each player you are interested in. If you are the only bidder for player X, and your max is .900k but he is only asking for say, .650k (examples...), he will be signed for his asking price.

If there are any questions, let me know in here. I am about to clear my PM box to make room for offers, so wait atleast 10 minutes from now to ensure the PM goes through.

I know this is kind of stringing things along, but it looks like we might have a full house (BAL & MIL might be filled within the next few days) to begin the year, so it'll be worth it if all things work out. Spring training modifiers can be posted during the period as well. I will likely run spring training Monday evening or Tuesday morning, with the season to begin shortly thereafter.

Thanks again guys.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: BLIND BIDDING & SCRAP ROUNDS: Read inside for details.

Sorry this is late. I am going through the offers and will post signings shortly, then upload the site.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Scrap signings:

WAS:
    1B Nick Evans 1.520.000

KC:
    SS Alcides Escobar MLC
    SP Frederick Takamori MLC
    3B Max Alfaro MLC
    UTL Ivan DeJesus MLC
    1B Adrian Gonzalez 780k
    3B Van Pope 388k
    UT Dallas McPharson 484k (Slyder, I know your offer was only .300k, but since some of the other players you offered to wound up signing much cheaper than your actual offer I just went ahead and signed McPherson for the extra 100k+. If you don't want him at that price, let me know and I can cut him.)
    MR Russell West 612k (Same thing as above-- he wouldn't sign any cheaper, and would't take your offer. If you don't want to keep him at that price, let me know.)

OAK:
    SP Bobby Perry MLC

DET:
    MR Joshua Butler 516k
    2B Amado Veliz 420k
    2B Danny Rivera MLC

==========

a few notes:

2B Danny Rivera had two MLC offers (one from DET, one from KC), but since DET's PM came first, and there really is no outbidding in the event of a player like this since he'll only accept a MLC, I signed him to DET. No reason to make a big deal over a 2.5 spect who had been cut, in my eyes...

Dave, MR Brasier wants 724k .. I signed Butler for slightly more than your offer, but it was only a few thousand and since Veliz signed cheaper, I figured it was fine. With Brasier, since it's a little bit more, I wanted to make before I signed him on. You can have first dibs... if you want him at that price, let me know in here.

Scraps round will still begin at noon (edt). I will make the post right now with more details.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    KC:
    1B Adrian Gonzalez 780k
    **** you, too Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Adrian: 2 years, 3.25 mil
    Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Yo Adrian - more $, pretty close to breaking off negotiations!
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Re: BLIND BIDDING & SCRAP ROUNDS: Read inside for details ((Blind Signings posted ins

I'll take him
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.