Thread: Sim #10: Friday, 10/9 @ mid-afternoon

MLB ERA

Sim #10: Friday, 10/9 @ mid-afternoon

I have the flu really bad hence why I haven't been on the boards more than once or twice in the past few days. Tentively I'd like to sim around 2 or 3 on Friday, but each day I've woken up and felt crappier and I'm having a hell of a time getting consistent & sound sleep (2 or 3 hours at a time tops and I'm wide awake again, but with little energy-- each time I wake up it feels like I just took a two hour nap after pulling an all-nighter). Make the deadline for like 3:00 PM edt. or now and I will try my hardest to sim on time. Just bare with me and know that it might not be until later in the evening.

Just quick note as well: this will wrap up before the 21st of the month, 95% sure. I'm going to push it to the finish and try to sim Sat or Sun too, and then Mon or Tuesday. I'll sim the playoffs as quick as possible as well. The site cutoff is the 21st and I just feel like this needs to go on the backburner sooner than later or else I'll never be motivated enough to finish working on the 10 file (which isn't half done yet, but with the real-life playoffs only one day in I'm really not rushing and want to make sure it's done right).

So hold tight, I know this whole deal is moving really slow lately. I really wanna get into a rhthym when the new league starts, but I know how interest fades when there aren't updates which is why I guess I'm trying to "plea my case" or something. Just know that I'm still working on the file and I'm not dead. Just really busy and flu season sucks.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: Sim #10: Friday, 10/9 @ mid-afternoon

I vote for scrapping the old league and focusing on the new one.

MLB ERA

I'm going to sim today instead of tomorrow... within the next hour or so if I can help it. 15-games. If I get around to it, I'll do the same 15-game sim tomorrow in the mid-afternoon/evening.. and then try to sim again two of the 3 upcoming weekend days (likely Sat & Mon.. would rather watch football Sun, & Mon is a veterans holiday I think so I should have time). I believe this would end the season about then.

OM, if we don't finish by the 21st (or it doesnt like like we're going to) I will. Obviously my concentration isn't really in it right now and I know half of everyone else doesn't give a shit either at this point. But atleast while the site & server is still up (21st, infact I should email them at RWH right now and see what exactly needs to be done to cancel... unless it's just a button or something, LOL) I am going to try to push it through. It's not fair for the teams like TB, OAK & SD. They still have been sending lineups (among a few others too) and while I know they'll support any decision here (and Koz has even suggested I turn injuries off & just sim the rest of this year at once, and do the playoffs all in one day) I want to try to finish. It's not really stopping me from editting the 10 file, though once it's done I don't have to keep it in the back of my head any time I think about ootp. Sounds retarded and ocd but it's true.

Since I've only been saying it for 2 weeks, I'll actually PM mission today and ask him about what needs to be done to upload a temporary site until the league name is thought up and I can register a domain for it (unless you guys just wanna keep using TPSL, but I think I'd have to transfer that domain and it might be a pain in the ass.) Promise... I'll do it right now.

If anyone has a line-up they wanna send since I bumped this up like 30 hours, I probably won't actually start the sim for a half hour or so

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I'd just keep using tpsl if you can keep it. Less confusion of getting people to the right site that way. I havent sent any changes cause it just always looked like I was at best a 500 team and no one really trading right now so I figure I would just let you go as long as KC didnt have any major breakouts or injuries.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Nah no biggie Slyder, I understand that completely.

If transferring the domain is easy and doesn't cost more than registering a new one, I'm fine with just re-using TPSL. Though the domain itself actually expires in Febuary or something like that... and I think re-upping it under RWH cost me 30$ last year. If godaddy.com (what I would be using to register a new domain name for mission's servers) is a lot cheaper I'll name the league poopstain sim league for all I care. 30$ for a domain name (which is fairly irrelevant to me anyway, since I don't plan on having a gigantic elaborate HTML website, atleast beyond what the game generates its webpages into) seems a bit expensive, but maybe I'm just not with these things.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by OrioleMagic View Post
    I vote for scrapping the old league and focusing on the new one.
    I vote OM off the island.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I just laugh that Triunfel finally broke out.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

If Mish is using godaddy hosting... your site should be www.baseballslant.com/tpsl or similar.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I vote OM off the island.
    I vote you off the steamboat.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    I vote you off the steamboat.
    I doubt you'll get the chance as you'll be voted off by the CPU/DMB Cubs again on route to their 3rd CPU assisted WS title in the last 4 seasons.

Besides, I'll just take the life raft and sink the steamboat. Who travels on a steamboat these days anyway?