Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Random Rumblings thread

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Re: 2018 Random Rumblings thread

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    nah. even if things we different, I just don't have the time, energy, or desire to go through all that again right now. I'd rather just post on the forums. perhaps I play with the TSSL file again (I haven't touched it since June or July...can't remember). if I were to do what you suggest, I'd go with TNHCSL (The No Homers Club Sim League).

And really, one could make a derogatory name out of every sim league acronym:

TSSL - The Shitty Sim League or The Stupid and Shitty League
    TPSL - The Pretty Sucky League or The Pussy Sim League
    SBSL - Stupid Bull Shit League or Sometimes Boring Sim League
    CSSL - Crappy, Shitty, Sucky League
    TBSL - The Bad Sim League or The Bull Shit League
    S3SL - Silly Three Shits League

Based on his stickied and closed thread, I assumed it was over now.
    Bro, you have waaay too much time on your hands! Start a football sim league!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave View Post
    Traded from Los Angeles (N) to Detroit on 4/17/2016 (Going to DET: P Mark Prior. Going to LAN: SS Brandon Crawford)...
    And then Crawford hits .295 when Nick didn't keep him. O_O
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Eastside Hockey Manager Sim League.

Sad to see it go.
    Thanks for the work, I for one really appreciate it. I know at times I have been less than stellar on my manager skills, but I will be forever in your debt.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nick, I have always wanted to win in your league more so than any others I've been in. It's been a fun ride and I'll sure miss the league, you did some cool things with how you ran it and you were always fair. Thanks.

MLB ERA

To Leo: not sure, but probably now. I'm going to see when the webspace payment is due this month. I think it usually bills on the 17th or 27th of each month (for me), so that's when I'll shut the server downprobably.

I just don't think I could get through the season in that amount of time -- especially if it's the 17th -- and don't have the cash right now to keep upping the site... outside of the domain which is kept for another year or two automatically I'd assume, becaue when I last re-upped it I got it for a 2 year package or something...

As much as I'm sick of simming and the b.s. and all of that, the other half is the money issues. 17$ a month isn't much at all, but when you add it up over the course of a year it totals to more than 100$. Since I opened the league (v1 to now) I've spent around 400-500$ on webspace, or maybe more by now actually. That might be someone's paycheck in any given week, but being unemployed and unqualified for most things that pay well, and wanting to prioritize school over work this fall anyway, I really don't have the means to justify the ends for something like this right now. I don't want to get another "site suspended" because I missed the bill either. The guys at webhost are always cool about it, but I start to feel like an asshole when it happens every other month.

To everyone else: thanks for the kind words, this thing was always pretty fun to run for me despite my endless *****ing and wishing for more activity, and it probably wouldn't have been as fun if it was on another forum and more active. You guys made it what it was. Well, most of you anyway.
    Maybe if the site is where it needs to be by next year for the start of the 2010 baseball season, I'll run an OOTP10 or 11 (if it's out anyway) league or something.... pipedream probably, but hey.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I for one wouldn't be opposed to supporting the funding of one of the sites that are used for hosting. I always wondered why no one would ask for help on the financial side of things, as I for one would be willing to support.

MLB ERA

Back in the day, Lynch (I think... lmao it's been awhile) was supposed to hook me up with server space to host TPSL, but when I was trying to get it running he was online few and far between so I just purchased realwebhost bandwith... got impatient. I never intended to pay for the league honestly. :X I actually never imagined it'd last this long either, so atleast I did something right somewhere.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

its was great while it lasted

thanks nick

p.s. i miss tpslv1
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You pay $17? nick, if you just want ftp and to host the site (aka the league folder), we got plenty of room.

Since I actually manage all of this now, whereas in the past Meck's server guy did, I can do it. PM me if this is what you need to keep the league up.

Destined to mediocrity
    MLB ERA

Put me in the back of your mind for free server space as well. IDK you were in need.

MLB ERA

Mission, I used to pay less, but lately it's been 17 each month. I'm not even sure why... I don't recall ever upgrading anything, but lord knows I might have.

My first invoice was 21.45 but I think that included the domain fee and stuff, then it was a steady 8.95 per month. October of the next yr it was 21.45 again, but then steady 8.95 for awhile... then another 21.45 fee, which I'm assuming now is the domain re-up cost. 8.95 for a little bit and then it shot up to 17.95 and that's what I've been paying since Febuary per month.

In total I've spent $437.75 over 35 invoices... which is insane for me to think about, since the only thing I ever housed on the space was a 6.5 League and a couple of pictures and documents. I probably ripped myself off, but I really didn't know anything about ftp or webspace and what was required to run an OOTP site... I'd assume that I paid much more than I should have, but it never occured to me to switch to a new host... more of a hassle.

If someone would be willing to house the league, I'd try to stretch it. I truly don't want to impose or have it become an additional cost for anyone though. I just don't have any cash of my own right now, literally nada (I had some but it went into the new Xbox fund cuz mine broke..) and I'm beginning to feel awkward using my parents money to host this when I know they can't pay a lot of their own bills right now, and I should have a job to atleast pay for my luxery costs. It's not as much that they mind, but it bugs me. I'm trying to cut any costs I can to help the cause...

I'm not sure what goes into transfering the TPSL site to another server/host or what have you, but I'll PM you about it in a minute Mission. I would definitely compromise and pay for the domain name when it needs to be re-upped (which is probably sometime next year) if everything is still running come that point, if you'll house the site... I just am not sure what the technical aspects are (transfering domains?.. never done that)

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

AAA ERA

So this league is or isn't done?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Mission, I used to pay less, but lately it's been 17 each month. I'm not even sure why... I don't recall ever upgrading anything, but lord knows I might have.

My first invoice was 21.45 but I think that included the domain fee and stuff, then it was a steady 8.95 per month. October of the next yr it was 21.45 again, but then steady 8.95 for awhile... then another 21.45 fee, which I'm assuming now is the domain re-up cost. 8.95 for a little bit and then it shot up to 17.95 and that's what I've been paying since Febuary per month.

In total I've spent $437.75 over 35 invoices... which is insane for me to think about, since the only thing I ever housed on the space was a 6.5 League and a couple of pictures and documents. I probably ripped myself off, but I really didn't know anything about ftp or webspace and what was required to run an OOTP site... I'd assume that I paid much more than I should have, but it never occured to me to switch to a new host... more of a hassle.

If someone would be willing to house the league, I'd try to stretch it. I truly don't want to impose or have it become an additional cost for anyone though. I just don't have any cash of my own right now, literally nada (I had some but it went into the new Xbox fund cuz mine broke..) and I'm beginning to feel awkward using my parents money to host this when I know they can't pay a lot of their own bills right now, and I should have a job to atleast pay for my luxery costs. It's not as much that they mind, but it bugs me. I'm trying to cut any costs I can to help the cause...

I'm not sure what goes into transfering the TPSL site to another server/host or what have you, but I'll PM you about it in a minute Mission. I would definitely compromise and pay for the domain name when it needs to be re-upped (which is probably sometime next year) if everything is still running come that point, if you'll house the site... I just am not sure what the technical aspects are (transfering domains?.. never done that)
    perhaps they raised the price for 2009? My first month was $21.45 and then $8.95 per month. I had to pay $12.50 again to renew the domain a year later. I canceled it that December though (June 2007 - December 2008 for about $222).

money wasn't the main factor for my ending of TSSL. I would say the constant whining (you could probably guess who mostly) and decline in participation in the league were the main reasons. I'm sure the decline in participation had something to do with the decline on the board as all leagues seem to have openings. that led to a decreased desire on my part to do it anymore.

funny how choosing to stop ignited more passion about the league in some people than they showed while it was running. it also resulted in more *****ing from the *****es, but whatever. it just didn't make sense to keep doing it under those circumstances and it sure as hell didn't make any sense to give the file to unqualified people regardless of the fact that the circumstances were shitty to begin with. it's always funny how people are nice to you when they want something though and complete asses when they don't get it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post

While my time has been limited the past week if you need someone to co-commish and take some of the pressure off of you I could do it. While I havent been actively posting I check at work every hour or so to stay updated on things. So if you want to just focus on simming I could do the rest.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003 View Post
    So this league is or isn't done?
    Not even the Black Plague can end us.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast