Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2018 Random Rumblings thread

MLB ERA

Re: 2018 Random Rumblings thread

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    perhaps they raised the price for 2009? My first month was $21.45 and then $8.95 per month. I had to pay $12.50 again to renew the domain a year later. I canceled it that December though (June 2007 - December 2008 for about $222).

money wasn't the main factor for my ending of TSSL. I would say the constant whining (you could probably guess who mostly) and decline in participation in the league were the main reasons. I'm sure the decline in participation had something to do with the decline on the board as all leagues seem to have openings. that led to a decreased desire on my part to do it anymore.

funny how choosing to stop ignited more passion about the league in some people than they showed while it was running. it also resulted in more *****ing from the *****es, but whatever. it just didn't make sense to keep doing it under those circumstances and it sure as hell didn't make any sense to give the file to unqualified people regardless of the fact that the circumstances were shitty to begin with. it's always funny how people are nice to you when they want something though and complete asses when they don't get it.
    About the prices: not sure, but it would seem they did raise them. My first domain was cheaper than my renew last time around... which seems weird too.

About ending leagues and why: I'm just as fed up with inactivity and *****ing as you probably were, and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't partially why I always think about shutting down shop.
    The money end of things is probably 70% the reason why, but that's factored in with the other stuff... in other words if everyone was 100% active and this thing was booming right now, the money would look like less of a waste each month. But as is right now, 17.95 per is too rich for my blood when I also have to pay gamefly each month and still don't work.

The league participation being lower definitely has to do with the site participation. There's always the mainstays in both the sim leagues and boards, but even longtime posters like Reefer have been vanishing lately. I can't even begin to name how many good GMs have come and gone from TPSL at this point (McKain, Fischer, Theo, Witlon), but it seems that when they leave it has coincided with them leaving the site or vanishing from the boards as well...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003 View Post
    So this league is or isn't done?
    As of now
    Mission is going to let me use his webspace. I'm waiting on a return email from Joey at RWH on how to transfer a domain name to godaddy.com, and then mission can basically handle or walk me through the rest of everything to get the league onto his server/space. My site bill is due on the 19th, domain re-up is next year, early Feb (off hand I think it's Feb 8, but I'd have to check to be sure) and while I'm not renewing the webspace this month, I am willing to pay to transfer the domain as long as it's not something absurd. If it's too much money, we'll use a different site name I guess, atleast until Febuary when the lease on it expires I assume (if that's even how this sort of deal works).

I'm basically waiting to start anything sim-related for the time being. If need be I can upload and use the site till the 19th obviously, so if this is something that will take a minute or two to get figured out, I'll start up sims again and we can just upload on the current webspace until it all settles... I have it until the 19th.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    While my time has been limited the past week if you need someone to co-commish and take some of the pressure off of you I could do it. While I havent been actively posting I check at work every hour or so to stay updated on things. So if you want to just focus on simming I could do the rest.

Hey Porter, I really appreciate it and I think I might take you up on your offer, sorta.

I don't need help handling the sims yet, though once the space is figured out if mission has enough bandwith to handle exporting on his site, I'm going to see about truly opening up exporting for real this time. So obviously everyone who has the game would be helping as they exported... it would save me time even if 3-4 people used the feature.

If you would consider this though, maybe you could run the live TPSL draft for me in the next day or so? It's no coincidence the league always slows down at draft time, and it's usually because I just have trouble scheduling and then attending a live board draft. Simming is different, my sims are pretty much always anywhere from 5 minutes late to an hour... I admit that. and while I want to get out of the habbit of being late with them it's not the worst thing in the world, since I'm not making any major or even minor mistakes by the time the sim is up and I'm sure everyone would prefer I take my time and have it be an hour late than miss a bunch of little changes... which I would do if I rushed, believe me...
    The draft is a little different though mainly because if I don't schedule it 2 hours prior to the time, I never can make it on time or I space out like a dumbass and then it keeps getting re-scheduled the next day and so on.

If you'd want to cover the rest of the 2nd round and maybe a 3rd round in flashchat (depending on who attends and how long people stay and how much talent is left on the board, I usually decide mid-draft if we're going to do a 3rd round or not). KOZ has covered before me without using the game, and you basically have to use judgement in order to auto those who don't show or send lists since there isn't a game to do it, but most of the time the CPU autos are dreadful anyway.... you'd just have to keep track of it on a thread on the board or in word, and then send it to me. I'd enter it after the fact.

It would help a lot truthfully if you're willing to do something like that. I would even try to run the thing and plan on attending, I just want to make sure someone could be there as backup incase something comes up and I'm not there at the exact start or whatever.

Lemme know mang.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Don't worry about the space. We livin' large and in charge here with our server.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Hey Porter, I really appreciate it and I think I might take you up on your offer, sorta.

I don't need help handling the sims yet, though once the space is figured out if mission has enough bandwith to handle exporting on his site, I'm going to see about truly opening up exporting for real this time. So obviously everyone who has the game would be helping as they exported... it would save me time even if 3-4 people used the feature.

If you would consider this though, maybe you could run the live TPSL draft for me in the next day or so? It's no coincidence the league always slows down at draft time, and it's usually because I just have trouble scheduling and then attending a live board draft. Simming is different, my sims are pretty much always anywhere from 5 minutes late to an hour... I admit that. and while I want to get out of the habbit of being late with them it's not the worst thing in the world, since I'm not making any major or even minor mistakes by the time the sim is up and I'm sure everyone would prefer I take my time and have it be an hour late than miss a bunch of little changes... which I would do if I rushed, believe me...
    The draft is a little different though mainly because if I don't schedule it 2 hours prior to the time, I never can make it on time or I space out like a dumbass and then it keeps getting re-scheduled the next day and so on.

If you'd want to cover the rest of the 2nd round and maybe a 3rd round in flashchat (depending on who attends and how long people stay and how much talent is left on the board, I usually decide mid-draft if we're going to do a 3rd round or not). KOZ has covered before me without using the game, and you basically have to use judgement in order to auto those who don't show or send lists since there isn't a game to do it, but most of the time the CPU autos are dreadful anyway.... you'd just have to keep track of it on a thread on the board or in word, and then send it to me. I'd enter it after the fact.

It would help a lot truthfully if you're willing to do something like that. I would even try to run the thing and plan on attending, I just want to make sure someone could be there as backup incase something comes up and I'm not there at the exact start or whatever.

Lemme know mang.
    I normally have Saturdays off so i can do them mid-afternoon (EST). So if I hold anything it would be on that day or a late sunday night type thing. during the week is a little tougher because of me being the west coaster. But it would be something I can do. As for this week. Your best chance is tomorrow any time or wednesday morning before my girlfriend wakes up lol.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

8 - 5 sim, but my lead still shrank a game. We're now -3. I guess we're never going to even be at 0. I can't remember a time when we didn't have a negative Pythagorean record.

Batting AVG: .279 (1st)
    Homeruns: 83 (3rd)
    Walks: 203 (5th)
    Stolen Bases: 92 (5th)
    Runs Scored: 379 (1st)

Pitching ERA: 3.86 (9th)
    Opponents AVG: .259 (19th)
    HRs Allowed: 63 (14th)
    Walks Allowed: 148 (6th)
    Runs Allowed: 278 (9th)

Monday 6/12/2018 :
    Prince Fielder was named Player of the Week!
    He batted .407 in 27 AB, with 6 HR and 15 RBI.

Fielder already has 27 homers and 65 RBIs, which are both good for 1st in the majors.

Barton raised his BA by over 40 points in just 13 games! He's hitting over .400 in June with an OPS of 1.263.

Pujols has already has more homers this year (16) than he did all of last year (15).

MLB ERA

You know, it sucks that Pujols' power produiction dropped for a few yrs near the end... it seems like he's completely back on track now, but if he kept the pace he had been at he might be knocking on Bonds' TPSL record this year.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

yeah, it's weird because he has averaged an OPS of around 1.000 since he's been Oakland. he has had his highest averages in Oakland though (.380, .359, .369, and .377 this season). that has allowed him to enter the career leaders board for average at .328. oh wait, he had 1 year in STL in TPSL when he hit .359, but otherwise .328 was his highest.

MLB ERA

meh, 6 - 7 sim. the pitching seems to be going the wrong way after that last sim...especially the bullpen and it's all thanks to my closer getting injured.

Batting AVG: .280 (1st)
    Homeruns: 97 (3rd)
    Walks: 244 (5th)
    Stolen Bases: 107 (5th)
    Runs Scored: 447 (1st)

Pitching ERA: 4.11 (15th)
    Opponents AVG: .265 (21st)
    HRs Allowed: 82 (17th)
    Walks Allowed: 180 (7th)
    Runs Allowed: 348 (8th)

Monday 6/19/2018 :
    Albert Pujols was named Player of the Week!
    He batted .500 in 24 AB, with 2 HR and 7 RBI.

my 2nd round pick fell apart, too. oh well.

Tuesday 6/20/2018 :
    Stefan Perdue has lost some power...
    Stefan Perdue plate discipline seems to have faded...

from a 4.0 spec to a 3.0 spec. he'll get singles and play great D, but not much else. not that it really matters.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yum, Taffy Apple's

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567