Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your mistakes in this league?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What are your mistakes in this league?

Inspired by Nick in S3SL, let's go with a TPSL edition!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: What are your mistakes in this league?

I got some good ones... gotta think though.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Porter for dealing Galloway, Kingdom for dealing Galloway
    Ted

Trading D-Young. Milledge was an afterthought and Aldersux is horrible. D-Young was pricey, but at least he performed.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Yeah, but Delmon hasn't done much lately anyway. Had an awful year in Oakland. Forget what he did with LAA, but it must've been nothing too special.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Delmon was decent for me, but definitely not worth his contract. I was hoping to get a pic for him, but no one bit. My biggest mistake was bringing Bringing Wood back home. He underperformed from the moment he arrived and has lost talent twice while eating a big chunk of payroll, meanwhile Said would look mighty nice hitting 1-2 in my lineup with Kikaku. I think there are a couple Prospects I traded that boosted into pretty nice players too, but I forget where they ended up.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Delmon somehow got 61 RBIs in limited playing time (due to low OBP, low SLG). At least I got him cheap and didn't have to give up anything. I'm stuck with him for a whole longer though. Maybe he'll bounce back.

KoZ trading Jon Asahina for a few months of Shannon Stewart. Asahina has gone on to win 143 games so far

Minnesota trading 1B Parmelee for a couple good years of Eric Chavez. Parmelee won't turn 30 until February.

I'm sure some would say me trading Harden, but under normal circumstances that never would have happened (i.e. version 1.0 file getting destroyed). I had to do it differently this time in my mind. What would be the point in winning the same way with the same guys? I got a lot of use out of 3B Zimmerman and RF Gomez up until this year.

I remember trying to get Parmelee from you early on with no luck Prov. He was always one of my favs in TSSL.

LeagueTeam NameDIVWCWSSince
    TBSLCINCINNATI REDS0002010
    SBSLKANSAS CITY MONARCHS2102008
    TPSLLOS ANGELES ANGELS3012007
    S3SLSEATTLE MARINERS1002026
    GET NOTICED.

MLB ERA

Let's see...

Traded from Los Angeles (N) to Cleveland on 7/31/2008 (Going to LAN: P C.C. Sabathia. Going to CLE: P Gio Gonzalez, P Clayton Kershaw, CF Andre Ethier)...

Not a mistake actually, the more I think about it. The trade helped both of us. But Clayton has had a nice career and is still young, and Ethier had a few really nice years while C.C. is in Baltimore now. On the other hand, I turned Sabathia into Leadbetter, so it worked out ok.

(Going to LAN: C Travis Tartamella, P Gio Gonzalez, RF Shin-Soo Choo. Going to CLE: P Felipe Garza, P Darrel Ammons, 2B Martin Mitchel)...

Big mistake, even though the 3 players going the other way aren't that great (Ammons to one ASG, Garza faded out, Martin is a decent regular or good sub), I have nothing to show from this and Tartamella, who is an all star now...

Traded from Los Angeles (N) to Detroit on 7/31/2012 (Going to LAN: 3B Omar Infante. Going to DET: C Travis Tartamella)...

Never saw a guy like that taking off like he did. Lifetime .318 hitter in 2371 abs, great defense, and good speed to boot (30/35 on the basepaths one season)-- he's a legit starter. Infante is retired or in SD's AAA...

Traded from Los Angeles (N) to Florida on 7/31/2015 (Going to LAN: 1B Carlos Quentin, 2B Hyun-wook Choi, LF Brian Rike. Going to FLO: P Matt Lindstrom, P Tony Pena, 2B Brian Harville, LF Kyle Russe
    ll)...

Probably my worst trade ever. Quentin left later that offseason and signed with MIL (netting me comp and eventually CF David Mulligan-- jury is still out on whether or not he can be a MLB player), Rike was eventually released after a failed callup or two, and Choi is in my AAA (admittedly, he could be a good defensive utl man off the bench, but I don't need him). Harville hit .330 with a near .400 obp in limited playing time, while Russell sports a lifetime .847 ops with two nice years under his belt. Both are entering their prime.

The Willbanks/Quintanilla/Shields trade has been disappointing. Willbanks hasn't been anything special, and Quintanilla has been a MR primarily. But Shields hasn't done much and is only about 10 years older than both of them.

Traded from Los Angeles (N) to Philadelphia on 2/1/2017 (Going to LAN: 2B Adrian Cardenas. Going to PHI: 2B Kim Vitale, P Randall Gines, P Benny Zaragoza)...

This one sucked so far. Cardenas made a bad first impression. Zaragoza filled out some more, Gines is going to be beastly, and Kim, all things considered, was a nice rookie player for me who never really got a decent shot with PHI before decling into nothing.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

One more

Traded from Los Angeles (N) to Cincinnati on 6/1/2015 (Going to LAN: P Benny Zaragoza, P Geronimo Valle, P Charles Payton. Going to CIN: CF Cody Johnson)...

as off and on as Johnson is, he's still going to have a better career than anyone else in that deal barring a Zaragoza monster boost... Valle is still young, but meh.

Both are off my team, and Payton is a non-prospect. Johnson eventually signed a monster deal with LAA, which I wouldn't have offered anyway. But still, he'd be a nice power bat I don't have.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Jeff Francis enough siad

MLB ERA

trading Brett Cecil and James Bunnell
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA

Traded from Milwaukee to Toronto on 3/3/2011 (Going to TOR: P Walter Pagano, CF Caleb Gindl. Going to MIL: 3B Freddy Sanchez)...

That's still a pretty big blunder.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Is there an easy way to look at all your past trades or do u just look for them?
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Player histories usually
    Ted

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast