Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our new Texas GM is.....

MLB ERA

Re: Our new Texas GM is.....

I'll try to digg some up.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

kit-catman, if you have any general questions, feel free to PM me...

I can explain anything that's in a grey area for you as best as possible. You will pick up a lot as you go along though. It's like fantasy baseball really, but the game's engine determines the outcome. So in a sense it's somewhat luck-based, but since you're choosing your players, lining them up at different positions, etc... basically assembling your squad and watching over them-- you have a lot of say in how your team finishes.

Cubs have won 2 World Series in a row for example... some of the other good GMs might have 2. I think the Yankees won 3 or 2 in this span. Milwaukee definitely won 1, maybe 2, and I think he's been to 3....

Oakland's made the playoffs 9 yrs straight (since the incarnation, basically... except the first season I think) and yet to win. Made the WS once I think, could be wrong though.

So there's a lot of stuff you'll notice and pick up on along the way. But seriously, any particular questions, just PM.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Plenty of us here with a lot of experience playing this.. so just ask in a thread or PM.... hardest thing may be ensuring you get your changes in in time, followed by choosing your strategy for how you want your team to be compiled
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

I'm going to be simming less often as summer hits us. So he should have some time... instead of 3 a week, probably 2. And I'll space 'em more.

But I do agree... right now Texas is a big, jumbled mess, and it'll be difficult at first to morph them into what you want your squad to play like. I just signed a handful of players, some on their majors, some in their minors, so whoever took them over would have some options. Hopefully that helps a little... they do have a variety of crap. Even though it's mostly crap.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Oakland's made the playoffs 9 yrs straight (since the incarnation, basically... except the first season I think) and yet to win. Made the WS once I think, could be wrong though.
    8 years in a row (7 division titles and 1 wild card). This year would make 9. I traded everyone worth anything the first year. We won 86 games (2007) and then 74 games (2008). We've won 91 or more in each of the last 8 seasons (average of 94 wins). We haven't made a WS yet.

2009: lost to NYY 3 games to 1 in ALDS
    2010: lost to NYY 3 games to 1 in ALDS
    2011: lost to NYY 3 games to 1 in ALDS
    2012: beat NYY 3 games to 2 in ALDS, lost to CLE 4 games to 3 in ALCS
    2013: lost to NYY 3 games to 2 in ALDS
    2014: beat NYY 3 games to 1 in ALDS, lost to DET 4 games to 1 in ALCS
    2015: beat NYY 3 games to 1 in ALDS, lost to BAL 4 games to 1 in ALCS
    2016: beat KC 3 games to 1 in ALDS, lost to LAA 4 games to 3 in ALCS

overall playoff record: 25 - 33 (14 - 16 vs. NYY, 3 - 4 series). none of the teams that beat me in the ALCS have won the WS either. The Yankees won in 2009, 2011, and 2013 after beating me in the first round.

obviously, I'd like to get my 2nd TPSL title. Nick was the first one to do that, but it was with 2 different teams (Cubs in version 1.0 and Dodgers in version 2.0). I can't really complain about my team though as there are many other loser franchises that would love to have had the kind of run I'm having right now. We've been close and we're not entirely done yet...close, but not yet. Also, Perf and I have had an epic playoff battle that saw him destroy me the first few times and me return the favor the lately. It's been a nice run with a lot of GGs, some MVPs, some joy, and some heartache. such is the life of a sim GM.

a's gm

MLB ERA

gay's gm is more like it, you queerbait

j/p doggy

but you and perf have an awesome battle... it's hilarious how he knocked you out of the ALDS 4 times outta 5, and now he's getting spanked. Plus the one time inbetween the spankings he was giving you. It's about even, if he hadn't won a couple titles...

I'd go on a limb, and based on team consistency, you two have been the best overall GMs the league has seen... hammer's dbags are always there too. Even with Milwaukee & Chicago winning a lot of titles, they haven't always been at the top. It's impressive how often you and perf win. Florida and Detroit too..

(someone will cue a Yankees comment I assume, but in what other league have the Yankees truly been this good? Perf knows how to run them, and takes advantage of what they have to offer... unlike a lot of other GMs)

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

yea, he spanked me 3 times and I spanked him 2 times with the other 2 going the distance. I've pretty much pwned Cainer though.

In 2015 Cain was 0 - 2 with a 4.85 ERA and in 2014 he was 0 - 2 with a 5.87 ERA. In 2013 we beat him once and he beat us once. In 2012 we beat him once along with a no decision. Cain beat us twice in 2011. So we're 6 - 3 against him in the playoffs. Cain has been one of the top 4 pitchers in TPSL history (Gallardo, Santana, and Harden).

And yes, he's run the Yankees how no one else has been able to so far. They were terrible in TSSL with Dry and Buck. Then again, they weren't active as much as Perf has been. And hey, I've grown the small market A's into a financial beast as well. We're consistently #2 in attendance behind those Yankees and our revenue has increased every year since 2008. It was #2 the last few years. Our fan interest is #1 as well.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, hammer and Dry sucked with the yankees in the other leagues
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

ohhhh snap

don't forget about bJD... he was pretty bad with the yankos. I think Toronto was the powerhouse in that division.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who would let BJD run the yankees?
    Ted

MLB ERA

S3SL wins count for more than TPSL wins.

Sorry, but it's true.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Only because mission shares his pot of gold.
    Ted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12