Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 Predictions

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: 2017 Predictions

Thanks for underestimating me guys. Can't wait to prove you all wrong and make another playoff appearance.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'll pick you last so you can go to the world series.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

AL East:
    NYY
    Tampa
    Baltimore
    Toronto
    Boston

AL Central:
    Detroit
    Kansas Pithy
    Cleveland
    Chicago
    Minnesota

AL West:
    Oakland
    LAA
    Seattle
    Texas

=======

NL East:
    Atlanta
    Florida
    New York
    Philadelphia
    Washington

NL Central:
    Chicago
    Milwaukee
    Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Houston
    St. Louis

NL West
    Arizona
    LAN
    San Diego
    Colorado
    San Francisco

NYY vs. Detroit/ Oakland vs. Tampa Bay
    Oakland vs. NYY

Arizona vs. Milwaukee/ Chicago vs. Atlanta
    Milwaukee vs. Chicago

Milwaukee vs. Oakland: Winner Oakland
    Ted

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Knew I could count on you.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm tired of picking against the sometimes ran sometimes not ran cubs, but I say they don't go far in the playoffs this season
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Predictions Reflections

AL East
    1. Tampa Bay- They might have enough to hold off New York again this season. They were 1st in runs scored and allowed. They had more than enough
    2. Baltimore- OOTP will finally be somewhat kind to the O's. What I meant to say was.....
    3. New York (A)- The Yanks average age: 32.68 Still chugging along.
    4. Toronto- Will finish 4th by default, because Foster cant fix the nation yet. At least that was right.
    5. Boston- Will Foster be active enough to trade off his stars? Answer was yes, but its still aways away from being fixed.

AL Central
    1. Cleveland- Let's face it, they wont have another -10 season. I was wrong, they were -10 when it came to a .500 record
    2. Detroit- If they have a start like last season, they will finish 4th. Doubtful Very Doubtful, What happened to this team in April last season?
    3. Kansas City- I don't have faith in KC's aging vets Dice-K (36) and Garland (37). When those 2 are your two best starters....ouch.
    4. Chicago (A)- They are improving but they are already getting hit with injuries already Imagine if they were healthy, 82-80 despite losing Cliff Lee
    5. Minnesota- Al Borland would be an MVP Candidate on a better team. He had a solid year, but wasn't the MVP of this team. They need pitching to help that solid offense.

AL West
    1. Oakland- Average Age of Oakland's Projected Rotation: 34 years old I cant really explain how this team was only 83-79. Baffling.
    2. Seattle*- I'm not sold that Seattle will win the WC. But could run its way into a nice season or die off. I gave up trying to explain this season a long time ago. +11?!?!?!?
    3. Los Angeles (A)- Does Doppel plan on having Yu and that rotation go 8 innings per game? Maybe he should have Yu pitch every day like Cain in the TBSL Playoffs.
    4. Texas- The Longhorns could beat the Rangers And Red Sox and Mets and...

NL East
    1. Florida- It's the Marlins division to lose, but they have to resign Cabrera, Zambrano and Wright. Whats more unlikely, Florida winning a division with 84 games or Seattle having a -3 run differential and winning 92? Ill take option 2.
    2. Atlanta- The front 3 of Harden (10-9-10), Corden (10-10-10) and Crow (10-9-10) could pose trouble for teams. Care to guess what Atlanta needs this offseason? Here's a hint, Runs Scored: 723 (29th)
    3. Washington- Still needs a bullpen, almost as much as.... Runs Allowed: 738 (5th), This team was 5th in Runs Allowed?
    4. Philly- They have the worst bullpen ever. Even worse than SBSL's Vultures. 2 guys barely under 4, everyone else well over 5.
    5. NY Mets- This could become 4th if CJ sells off the offense. Even if CJ sold the offense they are last.

NL Central
    1. Chicago (N)- I doubt they will 3 peat but they will make it tough for the DBacks If only the DBacks were healthy in the 1st round. Chicago makes the LCS for the 4th straight year I believe.
    2. Milwaukee- They have the better bullpen than Cincy They did, but Pittsburgh had a better overall staff down the stretch. The Brew Crew had 5 10 game winners (one from the pen, other 4 won 15 plus)
    3. Cincy- They have the best pitching staff in their existence. Still needs a bullpen. Wanna see a offense disappear?
    4. Houston- There is a huge dropoff before Cincy. Fixed.
    5. Pittsburgh- Will probably fade again after strong start. They don't have enough depth Did the complete opposite, strong finish. Might be coming into their own
    6. St Louis- In a league with Texas. How did this team win 73 games?

NL Central
    1. Arizona- Their bullpen is an issue but everywhere else they are strong They were good until that NBA like game we can't bear to mention.
    2. San Diego*- Is there anyone else more important to a rotation than Ynoa? The dude won 30 games, defense rests.
    3. Los Angeles (N)- The oldest team in the NL has one more competitive year in them. Might be the beginning of the end.
    4. Colorado- Lotzkar isn't the answer, but they are a year away. They had a setback, Lotzkar needs help (9-9, 4.50)
    5. San Francisco- The Tim Lineceum sweepstakes begins. And ends just like that, respectable 82-80 season.

AL Playoffs
    Oakland over Cleveland in 4: Oakland has too much offense for Indians to handle Well that backfired.
    Tampa Bay over Seattle* in 4: Tampa Bay is just a better team than Seattle right now This was dead on. Although how it happened is something out of the Twilight Zone.

Tampa Bay over Oakland in 6: This could go either way but I'm counting on Tampa Bay's rotation to carry them over Oakland Detroit will be tough for Tampa Bay but David Price could very well carry him.

NL Playoffs
    Arizona over Florida in 5: Florida can cause matchup problems but Zona is too talented Chicago got the best of Arizona in 5.
    Chicago (N) over San Diego in 5: Ynoa can't pitch in all 5 games. Someone else in SD's rotation has to steal one for Zito. There is no truth to the rumor that the Padres are cloning 4 more Ynoa's for the rotation.

Chicago (N) over Arizona in 7: I think the bullpen of Arizona will be the reason why they lose out to the Cubs. Happened a round earlier.

World Series
    Tampa Bay over Chicago (N) in 7: The law of averages finally catches up with the Cubs vs the Rays. This becomes wide open with San Diego and Ynoa, Tampa Bay's balance, Detroit's Offense and Chicago being the defending 2-time champs.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Aaron Thompson demands respect, Aretha Porter.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

When he wins 30 games let me know. Thats how good Ynoa has been this season.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    I have a 27 year old ready in AAA if one of my older SPs goes down. If I make the playoffs, then I think it comes down to my offense. If my offense mashes like it should, then we'll be fine regardless of the age of my starters. If my offense tanks, then we won't go far. I've tried to build on the offense every year in hopes of relieving any stress on the starters. My pen is solid, too. Either way, I feel I have enough pitching to get it done. It will depend on injuries and decline though. We're nearing the end of our run. I know I said this last year, but this very well could be our last shot at a title with this team as is.
    well, looks like I knew what to watch for. Zimmerman, Young, Weeks, and to a degree Mitchell all had terrible years proving how important they were last season because Fielder and Pujols mashed both years. we had a ton of injuries and decline to the pitching, too. we'll see what happens next year. I got the team in the right direction after the ASG, but they faded in the last month.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    4. Chicago (A)- They are improving but they are already getting hit with injuries already Imagine if they were healthy, 82-80 despite losing Cliff Lee
    Eh. I had Lee in the bullpen and he wasn't doing too good when healthy anyways.

My team sucked because pitchers not named Felix Hernandez, Dontrelle Willis, and Huston Street all underperformed. (and I didn't have Street or Felix for the entire season.)
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    When he wins 30 games let me know. Thats how good Ynoa has been this season.
    18 wins isn't bad, especially when he spent his career bouncing back and forth between rotation and closer.
    Ted

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234