Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Predictions

MLB ERA

Re: 2016 Predictions

I really don't see how Detroit's any worse... Lost Crawford and that is all... replaced with younger base stealing talent.. I may lose a grand total of 8-10 HR and that is about it on offense

Bullpen is a tad better all around and an important part is off of a major injury that kept Putkonen out the entire last 2 months.... and rotation is the same

I don't think we brought in anything to improve us by leaps and bounds... but I don't think we're any worse... though having Crawford ion the division playing against us is not what I would have wanted to see... I still see us as being the target everyone wants to knock off in the Central this season, and I believe we still got a few good years in us
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It will be tough to replace these numbers:

123 RBIs, 105 R, 194 H, 52 SBs

Sure bet to have .280-.290, 12-17 HRs, 90+ R, 95+ RBIs, 45 SBs is tough replace just right away.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    It will be tough to replace these numbers:

123 RBIs, 105 R, 194 H, 52 SBs

Sure bet to have .280-.290, 12-17 HRs, 90+ R, 95+ RBIs, 45 SBs is tough replace just right away.
    The RBI will come from other persons filling in the 3 hole in the lineup (Probably Gourriel)... his replacement will start off in the 8 hole, so we know RBI will not be coming from there... the steals should be taken care of by the person replacing him...

I honestly think we just lose 8-10 HR... which if Maybin actually performs to his 10 power rating instead of like an 8 power guy, we may not even have to worry about

What little we will lose on offense I think is weighed out by the little we should gain in the pen... I think we're pretty much the same team... though i wish I had some compensation from losing Crawford... but oh well

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I still feel that Crawford will be missed more than expected. You should still win the division but it might not be as easy.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

I don't think this division is in the bag for me, nor will it be easy if I do win it...

I'm basically losing 3-4 power with the loss of Crawford (And Crawford never really produced like an 8 power guy anyway).. not losing steals.. actually improving defense.. and actually OB% should improve

I don't think we're going to be missing him like we would miss a Maybin

MLB ERA

Dave, personally, I think your team is pretty much on the same level as last yr-- only a year older. Whether that effects them or not, remains to be seen... but there are teams that could challenge the Tigers. Cleveland is always a sleeper, and if their pen would ever play to its potential and gel, they could be a really good team. and KC is gonna be better, or should be anyway. Leo could get lucky always, and if not he's got a nice young squad that's coming along well... and while I don't think Minnesota is going to be that good this year, Borland will be a monster eventually and as Zodious learns the ropes I tihnk he'll get them going.

The division is definitely on the uprise...

One question though... why not start Warf-- atleast against RHP? I think he could be a beast in the #2 hole...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wouldn't it be easier to just tell Dave his division sucks, and he has it in the bag?
    I think so.

Dave, your division sucks, you have it in the bag.
    (unless half your team tears their rotator cuffs like LA)
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    Dave, personally, I think your team is pretty much on the same level as last yr-- only a year older. Whether that effects them or not, remains to be seen... but there are teams that could challenge the Tigers. Cleveland is always a sleeper, and if their pen would ever play to its potential and gel, they could be a really good team. and KC is gonna be better, or should be anyway. Leo could get lucky always, and if not he's got a nice young squad that's coming along well... and while I don't think Minnesota is going to be that good this year, Borland will be a monster eventually and as Zodious learns the ropes I tihnk he'll get them going.

The division is definitely on the uprise...

One question though... why not start Warf-- atleast against RHP? I think he could be a beast in the #2 hole...
    I thought about it.. but I think there is more upside with Leday with the stealing ability and 9 contact talent... at least right now... Warf fills out a little more, he'll be in there with his 8 contact, 10 gap and 10 eye

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I just think it will be closer than 9 games.
    it was thanks to good old fashioned luck. Pythagorean says I should have won by 10. either way I'll take it.

Baltimore didn't even make the playoffs...no WS match up there. I'm just waiting for the 1st round upset of the Cu-hubs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    it was thanks to good old fashioned luck. Pythagorean says I should have won by 10. either way I'll take it.

Baltimore didn't even make the playoffs...no WS match up there. I'm just waiting for the 1st round upset of the Cu-hubs.
    Yeah and the Angels sending down Darvish.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

AL East My postseason reactions
    1. Balitmore- I think this is finally the season they play the whole season without a meltdown. So they had a month long meltdown.
    2. NY Yanks (WC)- The Yanks will turn around and spend 1 billion dollars in FA after a series loss to Oakland. This could still happen in the LCS.
    3. Tampa Bay- They have a really strong rotation 1-4, and a strong offense. Could either win the division or finish 4th. The Rotation was there but the offense went AWOL.
    4. Toronto- Could be the team that makes me look bad with this 4th place prediction. Really strong team in a strong division. They made me look bad in the wrong direction.
    5. Boston- Red Sox Nation is leading in suicides at the moment. Foster, FIX THE NATION. I still stand by this.

AL Central
    1. Detroit- They are not as good as last season and could be nearing the end of its run. I didn't expect that to be that bad this season.
    2. Cleveland- If Shadow STOPS BEING ITS NAMESAKE. They could go after Detroit. I don't think you can feel his pain. How long before he falls off a ledge.
    3. Kansas City- The division is getting stronger and KC is still really young and this team could be like Toronto. Lucky bastards. But they are improved.
    4. Chicago (A)- Can Carl Crawford pitch in the bullpen for that same price? Can we change this to Rotation?
    5. Minnesota- Outside of the man, myth and legend Al Borland. The Minnesota Offense has the punch of Mike Greenberg. This offense was 13th in runs scored?!?!? How?!!?

AL West
    1. Oakland- Could Prince Fielder be the difference between them and the Angels? I was wrong it is the MVP, Albert Pujols.
    2. Los Angeles (A)- Since Yu Darvish's rookie season, He is 69-44 as a starter. After going 15-4, Darvish is now 84-48 since his rookie year. Insanity.
    3. Seattle- Much improved from last season but still a work in progress. 15 game improvement. Still a work in progress but improving fast.
    4. Texas- Got new GM and promptly stayed the same. That still might be enough to pass Seattle because this is TPSL. They are the worst team in the ML. Sorry Colorado.

NL East
    1. Atlanta- They are the more complete team and will hold off Philly and Florida Did I say complete team. I am very mistaken
    2. Florida- Their pitching is the key to either winning the division or finishing 2nd or 3rd. Never bet against ****ing Mission, ever.
    3. Philadelphia- They are improving, but their depth is thin compared to the top 2. At least they were .500.
    4. Washington- Do they have enough offense to compete? Their pitching is decent. The Answer was no. But they did win 80 games, an improvement of 9 games.
    5. New York (N)- OM is in rebuilding mode. Dead on.

NL Central
    1. Milwaukee- There is your kiss of death. Can Gallardo prevent that? I'm glad I don't have to deal with Strasburgh and Gallardo.
    2. Chicago (N) (WC)- They have so much talent and could repeat. They are so deep, Arrojo Jr is ready to go and he still would be no more than a 5th starter on this squad.
    3. Pittsburgh- The middle of the Central is a muddle mess. They did lead the division for a while.
    4. Houston- Houston will fight Pitt and Cincy for 3rd. Epic Fail. They didn't even compete.
    5. Cincy- They seem to not believe in pitching. They are better in pitching but still need to improve that sometime this decade.
    6. St Louis- They are offensively challenged. 29th in runs scored. Defense Rests.

NL West
    1. San Diego- There is your kiss of death. Can Ynoa prevent it? This was an epic race. But Ynoa couldnt do it.
    2. Arizona- It will be a 3 team race for the division Boy was I ever god damn right.
    3. Los Angeles (N)- Could win the AL Central, but could this be the end of their long run (2nd oldest team in the NL, 4th overall) They would have won the AL Central, but won the more important NL West.
    4. Colorado- They are a year or two away from being a big time player. How does a team that young and close of being talented at the ML level win 55 games. That's right, they tank like the Celts.
    5. San Francisco- Great rotation and solid bullpen. The last time Votto hit over .280 was in 2010. How did he follow that season, you ask? He hit .237, .315, .492 with 35 HRs and 86 RBIs. Id take AROD's corpse over Joey Votto's .733 OPS. As bad as I hate Chris Davis, his OPS was STILL 40 PTS higher.

AL Champ: Balitmore
    NL Champ: Chicago (N)
    WS Champ: Chicago (N)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just tell Dave his division sucks, and he has it in the bag?
    I think so.

Dave, your division sucks, you have it in the bag.
    (unless half your team tears their rotator cuffs like LA)
    He sure had that division in the bag, Ziti.

MLB ERA

NL East
    1. Atlanta- They are the more complete team and will hold off Philly and Florida Did I say complete team. I am very mistaken
    2. Florida- Their pitching is the key to either winning the division or finishing 2nd or 3rd. Never bet against ****ing Mission, ever.
    3. Philadelphia- They are improving, but their depth is thin compared to the top 2. At least they were .500.
    4. Washington- Do they have enough offense to compete? Their pitching is decent. The Answer was no. But they did win 80 games, an improvement of 9 games.
    5. New York (N)- OM is in rebuilding mode. Dead on.
    To be fair, I had a better Pyth than anyone except Florida. My pitching was DOMINANT outside of Harrison. Conger, Ramirez, and Upton disappointed, but Freeman, Heyward, Hawpe all had excellent seasons. When you have a -5 Pyth, you had some bad luck...

MLB ERA

4. Chicago (A)- Can Carl Crawford pitch in the bullpen for that same price? Can we change this to Rotation?
    My bullpen sucked as well.

The sad thing is, it'll probably be the same story next year, only with an even better offense after I call up Martin and Lamas.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

AL West
    1. Oakland- Could Prince Fielder be the difference between them and the Angels? I was wrong it is the MVP, Albert Pujols.
    Fielder led the league in homers with 41, was 2nd in the league with 118 RBIs, and was 10th in the league with 100 runs. I'd say he helped quite a bit. Pujols was 1st in average and OPS...but didn't crack the top 10 for homers, RBIs, or runs...actually, he had 105 RBIs, which ties him for 9th...just doesn't show up on the leader boards

CF Mitchell had his best overall season and Zimmerman bounced back majorly, so that helped significantly as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast