Thread: 2016 KC Royals

MLB ERA

Royals 2016 KC Royals

With being active in FA just thought post my team for thoughts.

Starters:
    Catcher:
    #75 James Skelton Had the best year of his career and hopefully can repeat that.

First Base:
    #58 Rick Ankiel Tried for Fielder but The Blob wanted longevity rather than $$$ per year. Ankiel gets bumped due to his lack of range in the OF.

Second Base:
    #83 Ian Kinsler Gold Glove Defense with pop in the bat, need to hit closer to 2010-2011.

Third Base:
    #10 Matt Moustakas Former GG winner, who I thought about moving to SS but there were no really great fits for it. So Moustakas returns to 3b.

Shortstop:
    #1 Rafael Furcal Might not have the blazing speed he use to but he's still a top 5 range at SS.

Left Field:
    #41 Chris Lubanski Has had a very respectable 1.5 yrs in the majors. Bit of a free swinger but I hope with him hitting in front of the heart of the order he will get some nice pitches to hit and hit HARD.

Center Field:
    #94 Masajuurou Yoshiyuki Finally after MANY aggravating years he is ready. Taken in the first round (3rd overall) in 2009 has finally developed into a major leaguer. He will roam CF and hopefully make even Willy Mayes go "Holy Crap".

Right Field:
    #20 Felix Pie Another Free Agent brought in. Again great range and a good arm from RF. Hopefully the Defense can help a pitching staff that should have its share of problems.

DH/4th Outfielder:
    #68 Carroll Cooksey He just flat out hits. Coming off .812 OPS I expect big things from him.

Not real sure how the final Batting Order but I can tell you that Moustakas and Yoshiyuki will be the heart of it.

Pitching Staff to come in the next one.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Re: 2016 KC Royals

Starting Rotation:
    This is where my season will come down to. If my pitching staff can keep the ball in the park and low it should be fairly easy with defense behind them.

The Ace:
    #97 Ryan O'Reily Coming off a decent rookie year, I need him to be the anchor for this rotation.

The Rest:
    #25 Jordan Walden If he could even be Josh Beckett would be a huge upgrade in the rotation.

#51 Dennis Schlosser Solid for most of the year, hopefully enough development to further build upon by this late bloomer.

#47 Josh Johnson Usually very consistant in his career in the 4s and whip ranging from high 1.3s to mid 1.4s. If he can continue that yes sad to say it would be a huge upgrade over what I usually get.

#86 Robbie Ross getting one more shot before he gets exiled to the pen like many former high draft picks of mine.

The Pen:
    #43 Anthony Hackler One of the reasons for pessimism from me. Was brought over to try and settle the pen down and he was just as wretched and putrid as the rest of them.

The Rest of the pen is too jumbled to call right now. One Dark Horse is Danny Duffy if he ever breaks through the ceiling and gets to his talents.
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

If your staff was a little better or atleast a little more proven, I think you might pass dave up as the favorite for the division. I didn't even notice Yoshiyuki was ready... I thought he died years ago honestly. He looks real nice...

I would try Duffy as a set-up man or something. Use Hackler or Hochevar as the CL...

I'd also consider signing another SP, someone like Blanton maybe. There's a few guys still available who have consistently put up good years in recent times. I'd like your team a lot more if you had atleast one more proven pitcher in the rotation, perhaps in favor of Schlossler...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    First Base:
    #58 Rick Ankiel Tried for Fielder but The Blob wanted longevity rather than $$$ per year. Ankiel gets bumped due to his lack of range in the OF.
    that and Fielder probably didn't want to play for a losing franchise. perhaps he wanted to join a team that is a contender year in and year out. a team that has made the playoffs 7 straight seasons. just throwing it out there. a little food for thought.

MLB ERA

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I think I still have another season or 2 at the top.. and then I'll probably fall some, unless I get some draft miracles at the end of round 1
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

MLB ERA

Since Ankiel decided to go and get beaned on the hand I looked at a lot of options at 1b, but in the end decided to stick with priority on OF D and got Lastings Milledge from Mission and stick my version of Sean Casey at First base.

Lineup:
    1 S SS Rafael Furcal
    2 L 1b Carroll "Carrot Top" Cooksey
    3 R CF Masajuurou Yoshiyuki
    4 L 3b Matt Moustakas
    5 R 2b Ian Kinsler
    6 L LF Felix Pie
    7 L DH Chris Lubanski
    8 R RF Lastings Milledge
    9 L Ca James Skelton

Thoughts?