Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALCS/NLCS: Post Your Starters Here

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: ALCS/NLCS: Post Your Starters Here

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    Hmm... No Yankees? Oh well...
    hmmm, not quite sure how I should take that. regardless, I had a better Pythagorean record than the Yankees and I've beaten them in the first round 3 out of the last 4 seasons (he beat me the first 3 times of the 7 total we've met) so I'm not exactly chopped liver, but whatever. at the same time, I'm not liking the fact that we were only 3 - 7 against your team this season.

MLB ERA

I think he just wanted to face them because they're division rivals and he's been chasing them the whole yr.

Either way, gonna sim right now..

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    random A's front office thoughts

time to make an OOTP loophole work for us.

ah, I think I finally understand this..you dog you. The funny thing is, I was considering making a rule for this very thing if it's what I'm thinking of... but never even bothered because I doubt anyone realized the MLB rule (keeping a guy on your roster in september in order to put him on the playoff roster... which I assume is the loophole you're thinking of... otherwise nothing I said made sense here )

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

yea, well hopefully my team takes advantage of his team due to their lower morale now that they're not facing the Yankees. Go A's!

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    ah, I think I finally understand this..you dog you. The funny thing is, I was considering making a rule for this very thing if it's what I'm thinking of... but never even bothered because I doubt anyone realized the MLB rule (keeping a guy on your roster in september in order to put him on the playoff roster... which I assume is the loophole you're thinking of... otherwise nothing I said made sense here )
    yep, that was it I felt it was a rare opportunity to take advantage of the whole Joe Blow "took his game to the next level"...at least try to take advantage of it anyway. It may not help at all, but Pennington and Casilla didn't do anything in the first round so why not? Those types of non-permanent talent boosts don't usually last long anyway so this would be the only chance to take advantage. ...and he gets injured in his first at bat, watch lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123